Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Sign in:
"Experienced user"
Dizneymn - 4.15.15, 6:59 pm Post #1: | Reply With Quote
Has anybody ever swapped out nitro on a tmaxx for Lipo setup?
Can it be done?
Any Ideas on cost to do it?
"Experienced User"
guys2nv - 4.15.15, 8:35 pm Post #2: | Reply With Quote
Dizneymn said
Has anybody ever swapped out nitro on a tmaxx for Lipo setup?
Can it be done?
Any Ideas on cost to do it?
Many have converted t-maxx's to brushless. You can do it a few ways with e-maxx parts or buying a conversion.
| Cen Colossus GST-E |
| Stampede 4x4 | Stampede |
| Shelfers - Lunchbox & Blackfoot |
| Futaba 4PLS |
"Professional Goon"
RustyRC - 4.20.15, 4:36 pm Post #3: | Reply With Quote
Its going to be costly. Motor mounts, battery straps, motor/esc... Its a cool idea because the Tmaxx is such a good looking truck and has an aluminum chassis unlike the emaxx

Honestly, the nitro setup has plenty of power. But yes, an electric conversion can be done. Hope it turn out well
"Experienced user"
Dizneymn - 4.20.15, 11:14 pm Post #4: | Reply With Quote
Thanks guys , the tmaxx has a fried motor anyway . Converting to Lipo is better for me because nitro makes me nauseous. Plus I have a small child that might get into the fuel.
"Professional Goon"
RustyRC - 4.21.15, 6:59 pm Post #5: | Reply With Quote
Oh yeah. I had to take a tiny sip of that stuff and my throat and eyes were killing me. Not good for kids

I was sucking the fuel hose to get the fuel from the tank to the end of the hose into the carb.. Darn air bubbles...
"Vacationing user"
jimbo74 - 4.23.15, 7:58 pm Post #6: | Reply With Quote
any power source can be dangerous, so using that as an excuse isn't really valid

that said, I have a T-Maxx, that I love, I just suck at tuning it, it wont run.....

I have looked into converting it, pretty straight forward... a lot of people say the tranny wont hold up, but I have read its a 50/50 chance.... the stock stuff is still pretty stout though......

Mine has MIPs already
"Experienced user"
Smaug - 5.26.15, 9:09 am Post #7: | Reply With Quote
Gotta keep the kids away from the LiPos and charger too.

My dad almost burned his house down when he accidentally charged a big LiPo pack with his charger in NiMH mode.
Traxxas: X-Maxx, BL Summit, Stampede 4x4 VXL, Rustler VXL, Aton (quadcopter)
Kyosho Mad Force Kruiser 2.0 VE
Axial: SCX10 Deadbolt
My YouTube Channel: Jeremy D
"Experienced user"
nickandluke - 5.26.15, 10:13 am Post #8: | Reply With Quote
I did a rc10gt and 4.6 savage to brushless. I highly recommend doing it. It isnt loud for my son when its next to him running over his feet, it has reverse, and no more expensive fuel.
"Experienced user"
15maxx - 2.11.16, 6:56 pm Post #9: | Reply With Quote
There's a website called how2rc.com the have all the info on how to do it and have the mounts to that what I use to do mine swap check it out
Old skool maxx