Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Sign in:
"Experienced user"
moatsim - 8.12.15, 2:14 am Post #1: | Reply With Quote
hello all

I have a revo 3.3 roller chassis (no engine) i want to convert it to brush-less.

need advise on followings

1-which motor ESC combo
2- what else do no i need other than above?
3- should i leave reverse option as it is or install a forward only kit in transmission

thanks
moatsim
"Mr. Postman"
humayraykinaon - 8.12.15, 2:38 pm Post #2: | Reply With Quote
Get Tekno conversion or go cheap wit Integy conversion.
lock 2nd gear mod, check out YouTube on "how to lock 2nd gear REVO 3.3"
2200kv motor and 120amp-150amp ESC.
Lipo 5000mah 40c or higher.
Get the ERBE diffs or install the I bar, stock diffs don't last very long with the brushless power.

Good luck

Fyi, its the best electric MT truck that I ever owned.
| Minpin115 | XBL 117 | RCX 130 | RCX 155 | Geprc Chimp 210 |
"Experienced user"
moatsim - 8.13.15, 11:16 am Post #3: | Reply With Quote
yup... tekno conversion is very expensive kit... cant find the integy conversion.. can u send me link??? where i can find that?
"Experienced user"
moatsim - 8.13.15, 11:23 am Post #4: | Reply With Quote

ok got it.. here its ... this kit will be used to fix motor...in the place of engine.. what else do i need? where does the battery goes?

any cheap solution to fix the battery tray in the place of fuel tank ?
"Experienced User"
guys2nv - 8.13.15, 11:24 am Post #5: | Reply With Quote
moatsim said
Link??? For integy conversion, where i can find that?
Remember, Google is your friend, just google the part numbers and you'll see results and get way faster results then waiting for us to respond in the forum.

Integy:

https://www.integy.com/st_prod.html?...8#.VczRyrU9l7Q

There's also the RC Monster conversion:

http://www.rc-monster.com/proddetail..._Revo%2FSlayer

Keep in mind that I think you'll need to source battery tray's and a mount for your ESC which is extra cost.

When I converted my old nitro revo to electric I used the Traxxas E-Revo chassis, trans and center shafts etc instead of making a conversion kit for the nitro chassis.
| Cen Colossus GST-E |
| Stampede 4x4 | Stampede |
| Shelfers - Lunchbox & Blackfoot |
| Futaba 4PLS |
"Experienced user"
jigdog767 - 8.13.15, 12:06 pm Post #6: | Reply With Quote
If you do use the integy conversion keep in mind that it needs to be modified to accept standard 1/8 scale motors. It is designed for 36mm diameter motors. Good luck with the conversion!
Jang said: Wind is like a hyper little monkey dancing around on your plane. Less monkey, less stress
Mugen MBX-6 ECO, Arrma Senton, E-LST, BZ-888, BZ-444
Sold- Rustler, P2de, Revo 3.3 Revo-e, MERV, Rustler, Slash 4x4,
"Mr. Postman"
humayraykinaon - 8.13.15, 4:40 pm Post #7: | Reply With Quote
jigdog767 said
If you do use the integy conversion keep in mind that it needs to be modified to accept standard 1/8 scale motors. It is designed for 36mm diameter motors. Good luck with the conversion!
True, with 4274 size motors, I have to use spacers to bring the motor up and spacers to move the motor forward.
| Minpin115 | XBL 117 | RCX 130 | RCX 155 | Geprc Chimp 210 |
"Experienced user"
moatsim - 8.14.15, 5:52 am Post #8: | Reply With Quote
i am on budget... i dont think i can afford v expensive brush-less system.. can you please advise me system in 100$ range which i assume will also not require modifying integy conversion kit

i would go for 1/10 system... not 1/8
"Experienced User"
guys2nv - 8.14.15, 9:08 am Post #9: | Reply With Quote
moatsim said
i am on budget... i dont think i can afford v expensive brush-less system.. can you please advise me system in 100$ range which i assume will also not require modifying integy conversion kit

i would go for 1/10 system... not 1/8
For a revo you'll want a proper 150a 1/8 system that will run 4s minimum for it, you'll run in to heat issues using 1/10 stuff. The revo is way too big for smaller 1/10 stuff to handle, trust us, it's not a good idea.

You'll want something like what's linked below, $150 isn't considered an expensive 1/8 brushless system when you look at other stuff out there from Castle ($275) or Tekin ($300+).

http://www.rcmart.com/quicrun-brushl...Path=1100_1252
(Last edited by guys2nv : 8.14.15 at 9:10 am)
| Cen Colossus GST-E |
| Stampede 4x4 | Stampede |
| Shelfers - Lunchbox & Blackfoot |
| Futaba 4PLS |
"Experienced user"
moatsim - 8.14.15, 10:49 pm Post #10: | Reply With Quote
guys2nv said
For a revo you'll want a proper 150a 1/8 system that will run 4s minimum for it, you'll run in to heat issues using 1/10 stuff. The revo is way too big for smaller 1/10 stuff to handle, trust us, it's not a good idea.

You'll want something like what's linked below, $150 isn't considered an expensive 1/8 brushless system when you look at other stuff out there from Castle ($275) or Tekin ($300+).

http://www.rcmart.com/quicrun-brushl...Path=1100_1252
i see, revo is 1/10 scale grade.. but i see u suggest 1/10 scale system is useless. i will take your words for it rather going in and wasting money...

can u please explain in detail.. what alteration i require with integy conversion kit to fit 1/8 scale motor