Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Sign in:
"Semi-Vacationing User"
Velineon - 11.21.15, 4:07 pm Post #51: | Reply With Quote
I like the Jackalope on the wall
RCs Owned: Traxxas Slash 4x4 - Muscle Slash, Axial Exo-Terra Buggy, Tamiya TT-02 - 73 Carrera RS/85 AE86 Trueno Coupe
"If it ain't broke, fix it till it is."
people who use pnvv quotes in their sig are dorky sheeple
"Dirtbag rc'er"
Fiero_Man_121 - 12.03.15, 12:54 pm Post #52: | Reply With Quote
I killed him with my Bear hands you know.

Had a new header ordered as well as a nifty novarossi fuel filter/cooler and it wound up being un-orderable. Called the distributor and they said they were gonna order the header tomorrow from Italy, gotta figure out how to shorten the neck when i do finally get the dang thing.

Once i get the header the last thing i need for break-in is fuel.
Florida Oval Racer | Vintage traxxas collector | Mad Scientist
"It's only an opinion..."
Ocdcbr - 12.03.15, 1:23 pm Post #53: | Reply With Quote
Well it's a cool idea for sure. Nice work!
RC FAN!
MUGEN MBX6 x 2nitro,1 Eco racers, Hpi Baja
TRAXXAS XMAXX!!yup....its good!

Check my Utube!!:Rc Maxx UK
"I-/"
JesterTheJoker - 1.17.16, 7:54 am Post #54: | Reply With Quote
hey fiero, a few things:
1: hows this 'pede going?
2: i also started a speed build nitro pede, i forgot you started one untill now XD
3: want to make a friendly game out of things? we both have nitro pede's, neither run yet, both are for hpi's list. First and/or fastest on the list between the 2 of us wins bragging rights?
Check the flea market for Jesters Car Lot!
In the U.S. our secretary of treasury is a movie director, 4 people need to die for the world to turn in to Suicide Squad. Think about that for a second.
-Aspiring Psychologist, Antique Car Lover/Backyard Mechanic, Also an Aspiring Actor...-
"Dirtbag rc'er"
Fiero_Man_121 - 1.17.16, 11:49 am Post #55: | Reply With Quote
its stalled right now. All of my projects are. My wife and i are trying to buy a place of our own and dig ourselves out of some medical debt from our miscarriage last march. It isnt easy. I also find that "trying to adult" is kicking my butt.

I would love to take you up on your offer but im in no position to do anything and most of what the 'pede needs is stuff purchased. I really want to do this project "right" not just a hacked up cobbled creation like i normally do.

When you start a thread shoot me a link and dont be afraid to ask me any questions.
(Last edited by Fiero_Man_121 : 1.17.16 at 11:57 am)
"I-/"
JesterTheJoker - 1.17.16, 2:52 pm Post #56: | Reply With Quote
Fiero_Man_121 said
its stalled right now. All of my projects are. My wife and i are trying to buy a place of our own and dig ourselves out of some medical debt from our miscarriage last march. It isnt easy. I also find that "trying to adult" is kicking my butt.

I would love to take you up on your offer but im in no position to do anything and most of what the 'pede needs is stuff purchased. I really want to do this project "right" not just a hacked up cobbled creation like i normally do.

When you start a thread shoot me a link and dont be afraid to ask me any questions.
oh, sorry about all that man. My funds are low as well, and i need to order a LOT, that and its my first nitro, so theres 2 advantages. Either way just let us know when things are on the up and up, kay? Also i forget where in FL you are, how much of that huge storm cell did you get last night?
In the U.S. our secretary of treasury is a movie director, 4 people need to die for the world to turn in to Suicide Squad. Think about that for a second.
-Aspiring Psychologist, Antique Car Lover/Backyard Mechanic, Also an Aspiring Actor...-
"Dirtbag rc'er"
Fiero_Man_121 - 1.18.16, 4:23 am Post #57: | Reply With Quote
Im in tampa, i didnt know there was a storm cell. It rained a bunch but thats florida.
"I-/"
JesterTheJoker - 1.18.16, 12:56 pm Post #58: | Reply With Quote
Fiero_Man_121 said
Im in tampa, i didnt know there was a storm cell. It rained a bunch but thats florida.
of you got the light end of it. Im in bradenton and the tornado crossed sr 64 a few miles down the road from me! It was a really close call.
"Dirtbag rc'er"
Fiero_Man_121 - 1.23.16, 12:11 pm Post #59: | Reply With Quote
jester, you got me going. i hope you're happy.

I spent all morning racking my brain for a way to make the throttle linkages work and i think i finally got it. my issue with the original setup was 2 part. it was not smooth on the carb slide opening and when brake was applied it did not go through the full action and gave me a weak braking action.

my plan was to make a lever system of sorts so that i could have the linkages and carb move through more natural positions (i guess thats the best way to explain it). originally my idea was to have a bracket come off the rear of the plastic chassis and span the gap across the clutch and flywheel but i found a front bulkhead from some long forgotten oval chassis that i re-purposed as an upright bracket.

my next step was to make a horizontal lever. went through 2 different designs before i figured out that i could press-fit 2 bearings into a standard 2 sided servo horn. with the help of a belt tensioner pulley post from a xxx4 i was able to get a smooth acting, adjustable, and sturdy design.

links were a nightmare too, had to really dig through my hardware boxes and parts bags. eventually i wound up stealing some hardware from a vintage nip rc10 sway bar kit. didnt really want to resort to that but i needed to finish this step.

also re-routed the fuel line around back and took advantage of to open space back there. doing that cleared up the front of the chassis too.

anyway, on to pictures.

WOT
[IM.G]http://i483.photobucket.com/albums/rr198/FieroMan121/57%20gasser-pede/F9E99989-BE4E-4404-A3BC-485A97BCA670.jpg[/IMG]

locked up breaks

fuel line re-routed.

see yall on the forums
"I-/"
JesterTheJoker - 1.23.16, 2:39 pm Post #60: | Reply With Quote
glad to get ya going again fiero! but once again i ask, what club are you in where they have a muscle baja class?