Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Sign in:
"Experienced user"
Traxxasslash4/4 - 9.07.15, 6:18 pm Post #1: | Reply With Quote
So I really would like to get one of these three and they are all really different but I just need help deciding between the 3. I will not be racing just bashing around my land and running it on my track. I don't plan on really doing anything to it for a little while so what would be the best RTR one out of the three? Oh and the more speed the better. Thanks in advance!
Traxxas Slash 4x4
Helion Dominus SC10
Helion Animus 18sc
ECX Ruckus
Traxxas Rustler
"Bustin five knots"
Matts175 - 10.05.15, 12:45 pm Post #2: | Reply With Quote
Slash, hands down. Why? Because it's the longest of the 3, so it will resist the urge to wheelie every 5 seconds. Wheelies are cool the first day you get your r/c, but you'll grow tired of it very quickly.
Slash 4x4 LCG. RC GearShop 2150kv, WP-SC8 ESC, SMC 3s, Ebay 4s, XO-1 diffs, MIP X Dutys, Hot Racing, RPM Parts, Turnigy 1258TG servo

Syma X5SC Quadcopter
"Always Hungry"
Lard4Hire - 10.05.15, 11:17 pm Post #3: | Reply With Quote
What will you be running it in? Grass? Mud? Dirt? Snow? Keep in mind about clearance. If you will be on mostly smooth-ish surfaces, I would go Slash like Matts said. It's better on a track than the others from what I know. I have the P4DE because I run in grass and snow.

Lard4Hire
If your parents never had children, chances are you won't, either - Dick Cavett
"Josh"
noob96 - 10.05.15, 11:55 pm Post #4: | Reply With Quote
looks like you already have a slash 4x4, i would mix it up, get the stampede if you need ground clearance and dont mind following it around to flip it over, if you have a smoother surface to run definitely go with the rustler.
"Crippling pain! That's not covered by my insurance fraud!"

Tacon Thriller 64mph
Tacon Something
Hyper 10tt
"Experienced user"
Commandrx - 10.06.15, 1:58 pm Post #5: | Reply With Quote
As a former owner of the Original Stampede I say go with the Stampede 4x4 as it is a fun truck and damn sturdy. While trying to see if I could climb up my threshold of my side door I had to floor it to get the back wheels up it and accidentally launch it down my basement steps. My kids thought I fell down the stairs LOL. Truck survived every step
R/C's Owned: Ofna Colt 10, Ofna Dominator Truck, Losi XXX Graphite Kinwald Edition, Kyosho Outrage, Traxxas Nitro Hawk, Traxxas Stampede, TRC Street Spec, Bolink EconoRail, Traxxas Stampede 4x4 VXL <-NEW TOY
"1/1"
MoggFanatic - 10.06.15, 2:11 pm Post #6: | Reply With Quote
Depends, do you want another 4x4 or do you want a 2wd? If you already have a Slash 4x4, I think a Stampede 4x4 would compliment that nicely (for hard bashing). Although for speed and light bashing, I think you'd be happy with a brushless 2wd Rustler or Slash. A 2wd Pede is a great rig too, but it needs a bit of work to make it more stable. Wheelies are always fun IMO, and the 2wd Pede is the king of wheelies.
"The RC Mechanic"
JoeRC2013 - 10.06.15, 4:01 pm Post #7: | Reply With Quote
How about a slashpede 4x4

JPRC - YouTube
youtube.com/JoeRC2013
Joe's Performance Radio Control
Like, Comment & Subscribe