Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Sign in:
"Experienced user"
MetalMilitia206 - 2.24.16, 9:42 am Post #1: | Reply With Quote
Hey guys. So I have amassed enough parts to build myself an SRT from scratch with a few mods here and there. See the "all parts" picture below:

Finished up my first Pro-ball differential last night!

And now the transmission is just awaiting bearings from AVID RC

Stay tuned for more!
"Experienced user"
daHoodzie - 2.25.16, 11:57 am Post #2: | Reply With Quote
Wow, looks like a lot of fun to be had ahead. I've been thinking about doing something like this myself, it seems like Traxxas still has a lot of these parts in stock on their site. I love the idea of the SRT. If you don't mind me asking, About how much do you think you've spent to gather all the parts?

Edit: RPM A-Arms? Didn't know RPM made arms for the SRT, Or does it share arms with another in production model.
"Experienced user"
MetalMilitia206 - 2.25.16, 12:09 pm Post #3: | Reply With Quote
That's tough. I haven't really been keeping a tally. It would have to be around $300 for the parts. The older parts aren't cheap and some are hard to find. I'm going to be using RPM arms from the Nitro Rustler/Slash as they share parts with the SRT.
"Experienced user"
daHoodzie - 2.25.16, 2:09 pm Post #4: | Reply With Quote
$300? Not too horrible. Could have a modern truck for that kind of money though but, hey, who needs it? Good luck on the build, Ill keep in mind that the N.Rustler and Slash share parts with the SRT.
"Experienced user"
MetalMilitia206 - 3.07.16, 6:34 am Post #5: | Reply With Quote
Got the transmission finished up. Had to grind down a few of the screws that came with the RC Screwz set which was a pain, but it looks pretty good all together now.

"Dirtbag rc'er"
Fiero_Man_121 - 3.07.16, 7:33 am Post #6: | Reply With Quote
Oh wow, even following the instruction manual. Impressive. You gonna dye the white parts or leave them mix mashed? I think it can look good when its done right. Alternately ive always wanted an all white srt. I think it would look sexy next to my mostly black car.

Normally i just kinda make it all work and some how i get an srt at the end of it.
Florida Oval Racer | Vintage traxxas collector | Mad Scientist
"Experienced user"
MetalMilitia206 - 3.07.16, 7:38 am Post #7: | Reply With Quote
I'm probably going to leave it mix/matched. There have been so many versions of these parts that one was bound to look like this haha. It will be an SRT. That's all that really matters to me.
"Dirtbag rc'er"
Fiero_Man_121 - 3.07.16, 11:03 am Post #8: | Reply With Quote
Are you going with the updated half shafts (slash 4x4 rears) or the old style ones? Cant tell from pic. I went with the updated ones on a build recently and do like them. Very smooth and they seem to do ok with gobs of power.
"Experienced user"
MetalMilitia206 - 3.07.16, 11:05 am Post #9: | Reply With Quote
As of right now, going to stick with the stockers. I may switch up later, but I'm not going to put any crazy power in it. I'll be sticking to 2S. Don't want to destroy these hard-to-get parts haha.
"Dirtbag rc'er"
Fiero_Man_121 - 3.07.16, 11:33 am Post #10: | Reply With Quote
True true