Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Sign in:
"Sith R/C Lord"
DarthRacer - 3.08.16, 12:37 pm Post #11: | Reply With Quote
It's kinda weird that Traxxas doesn't sell this as a kit anymore since they still make most of if not all the parts. :/

You will have a new SRT when done. Cool build!
Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will...
"Experienced user"
crazyjr - 3.08.16, 12:59 pm Post #12: | Reply With Quote
Nice build, a couple of mods i'd suggest, a modern slipper shaft with new slipper and a Slash 4x4 steering rack.

the modern slipper, will allow you to run modern brushless, without changing rulon pegs every run.

the slash 4x4 belcrank mod has been dome on 2wd slashes, so it would fit. Personally i think it's a much better servo saver than servo mounted.

the plastic top gear works, great up to and probably over the VXL brushless system. Just use the aluminum mid gear for overall strength. I have heard the modern steel mid gear tears up the diff gear, so think it's a bad idea. stick to the aluminum gear

I had one setup, almost the same way. I had the modern topshaft and slipper, plastic top aluminum mid gear setup. my build was just before the slash 4x4 came out so stuck with the servo saver i had.

I run it on my eagletree datalogger, on 2s it was over 800 watts (1 electric HP) and 3s was over 1500 watts(2 electric HP), without ever an issue.

I miss that truck
(Last edited by crazyjr : 3.08.16 at 1:02 pm)
work cause i have to play cause i want to
"Experienced user"
MetalMilitia206 - 3.09.16, 6:04 am Post #13: | Reply With Quote
crazyjr I have updated to the newer slipper setup. I'm going to use the stock bellcranks with bearings installed instead of bushings.

Minor update. Got the gearbox and rear a-arms mounted up. Had to grind down the rear mount on the arms a little bit so they would move freely. Sorry for the dark pics.

"Experienced user"
MetalMilitia206 - 3.17.16, 5:50 am Post #14: | Reply With Quote
Got the front end together. She is coming together nicely!

"Experienced user"
crazyjr - 3.24.16, 8:45 pm Post #15: | Reply With Quote
DarthRacer said
It's kinda weird that Traxxas doesn't sell this as a kit anymore since they still make most of if not all the parts. :/

You will have a new SRT when done. Cool build!
You could easily re-create the SRT with a rustler. all you need is an RPM gearbox, complete Front & rear suspension w/links and shafts, from an old nitro rustler and the old SRT wheels. to go all the way, plastic top gear, aluminum mid and ball diff. I heard the steel mid gear rips the ball diff up, so not sure i'd do that

that is what I'm considering if i can get a decent rustler for cheap
work cause i have to play cause i want to
"Experienced user"
MetalMilitia206 - 5.10.16, 1:15 pm Post #16: | Reply With Quote
So most of the assembly is complete. Now just need to pick out some power and a speed control, and do final tweaks. Nevermind the messy workspace lol

"Experienced user"
daHoodzie - 5.11.16, 7:57 pm Post #17: | Reply With Quote
Build is looking really sweet, I really want to do something like this. Word is a really nice facility, with outdoor and indoor onroad/offroad tracks is going to come to be within a reasonable distance of me, If 2WD Truck picks up there, I might build one of these. Wont be a race winner but it will surely be the coolest truck on the dirt...or clay..or whatever it is.
"Certified Music Trash"
JesterTheJoker - 5.14.16, 7:38 am Post #18: | Reply With Quote
im not a fan of those u joint angles, but it looks good otherwise!
Honestly, without emotions no progress could be made. Curiosity is an emotion, logical thought is driven by the lust for something else, better or worse is inconsequential.
"Experienced user"
MetalMilitia206 - 6.09.16, 6:42 am Post #19: | Reply With Quote
Got the tires mounted up and mocked up a T3 body. Looks like it will fit pretty well!

"Experienced user"
MetalMilitia206 - 6.09.16, 6:43 am Post #20: | Reply With Quote