Sign in:
"Done with this forum"
Fiero_Man_121 - 6.27.16, 10:02 pm Post #21: | Reply With Quote
Looks good
Florida Oval Racer | Vintage traxxas collector | Mad Scientist
"Precision Basher"
fyrstormer - 6.27.16, 11:24 pm Post #22: | Reply With Quote
DarthRacer said
It's kinda weird that Traxxas doesn't sell this as a kit anymore since they still make most of if not all the parts. :/

You will have a new SRT when done. Cool build!
Traxxas still offers the parts because they're really good about product support. But they still want their old vehicles to fade out, so they can stop stocking old parts someday. Offering a kit would just increase the number of running SRTs that need replacement parts.
Check out "Fyrstormer's Garage" in the General RC forum.
"Certified Music Junkie"
JesterTheJoker - 6.28.16, 4:35 am Post #23: | Reply With Quote
but at the same time they still use most of the srt's parts in other cars, so it wouldnt be all that bad on TRX to re-release the srt especially since they are so sought out
"My garden is life itself, in the sense that every aspect of it should be taken care of and tended to as you would a rose, trimming off dead leaves and excess, being left with raw beauty, and perfection in my own mind. " - Jester
"Experienced user"
MetalMilitia206 - 6.28.16, 11:19 am Post #24: | Reply With Quote
Fiero_Man_121 said
Looks good
Thanks dude! Had to have another after I sold the other one to you haha.
"Precision Basher"
fyrstormer - 6.28.16, 2:54 pm Post #25: | Reply With Quote
JesterTheJoker said
but at the same time they still use most of the srt's parts in other cars, so it wouldnt be all that bad on TRX to re-release the srt especially since they are so sought out
They are? I never heard of it before I saw it mentioned in this thread.
"Certified Music Junkie"
JesterTheJoker - 6.28.16, 3:36 pm Post #26: | Reply With Quote
fyrstormer said
They are? I never heard of it before I saw it mentioned in this thread.
admittidly in the black plastic, but yeah the nitro rusty (or was it sport, or are they the same?...) uses 99% of its running gear
"My garden is life itself, in the sense that every aspect of it should be taken care of and tended to as you would a rose, trimming off dead leaves and excess, being left with raw beauty, and perfection in my own mind. " - Jester
"Precision Basher"
fyrstormer - 6.28.16, 6:31 pm Post #27: | Reply With Quote
Sorry, I meant "they are sought after? I never heard of it before etc..."
"Certified Music Junkie"
JesterTheJoker - 6.29.16, 1:17 pm Post #28: | Reply With Quote
srt's get bought as soon as they are put up on ebay, craigslist, or anywhere you can find one. A lot of people must still want them
"Precision Basher"
fyrstormer - 6.29.16, 3:00 pm Post #29: | Reply With Quote
I guess so.
"Done with this forum"
Fiero_Man_121 - 7.06.16, 10:35 pm Post #30: | Reply With Quote
I think the continued desirability of the vintage traxxas cars stems partly from nastalgia as it does the vintage rc market as a whole but also i think some of us die-hard traxxas fans want to stay in the family but want something more then what the current lineup of 2.72 cars can offer. I for one love my resto-modded srt and trx-1 both are very dated racing chassis but both were/still are competative. They are light and rigid and as adjustable as any club racer could want. All the good things traxxas has done with none of the rtr-reefer madness
Florida Oval Racer | Vintage traxxas collector | Mad Scientist