Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Sign in:
"Experienced user"
JuanDLAT78 - 4.29.16, 11:55 am Post #1: | Reply With Quote
Been a long time reader. Getting info and tips.

Been on and off with RC, but lately I have been into it more consistently. Finally decided to join.

I got my first Slash roller (not my first RC) close to the beginning of the month and I have slowly started getting parts for it to get it running. No real chassis upgrade parts yet, still stock mostly. Looking forward to finishing and having it running. Upgrading as things break.

(Last edited by JuanDLAT78 : 5.02.16 at 2:19 pm)
"Experienced user"
duhjun - 5.12.16, 9:31 pm Post #2: | Reply With Quote
Very cool. Keep us posted on your progress.
A.K.A. rcdabbler on other social media platforms, and johnnyluv on rccrawler forums.
"Experienced user"
Myer - 5.14.16, 10:13 pm Post #3: | Reply With Quote
I got one of those rollers on ebay recently. x-o-lent buy.
I threw this together while collecting parts:

"Experienced user"
Myer - 6.10.16, 9:07 pm Post #4: | Reply With Quote

"Custom User Title"
o0wizo0 - 6.11.16, 9:19 am Post #5: | Reply With Quote
Great platform the 2wd Slash. Durable and easy to fix.

@ Myer. Prefer the Muscle car look.
Traxxas Stampede 4x4 / Traxxas Sla2h / Traxxas E-Maxx (RC-Monster) / Traxxas X-Maxx / Tamiya Lunch Box / Axial SCX10 / Axial Wraith / Axial SMT10
"Experienced user"
Smaug - 6.13.16, 1:31 pm Post #6: | Reply With Quote
I've got a 2WD Slash on my radar too, probably close to stock, but with VXL-duty turnbuckles and bearings.

I had a 2WD Stampede before, have a 4WD 'pede VXL now. Have a Rustler VXL. I just love the platform. It's evolved over the last 20 years and is close to perfect now.

Why another? I want a street car. I'll probably get one, keep it stock for awhile, then get a new body and maybe some street-duty tires and have it be my light duty street basher. (replacing my old Tamiya Subaru Brat)
Traxxas: X-Maxx, BL Summit, Stampede 4x4 VXL, Rustler VXL, Aton (quadcopter)
Kyosho Mad Force Kruiser 2.0 VE
Axial: SCX10 Deadbolt
My YouTube Channel: Jeremy D
"Traxxas 2wd expert"
Dirty sasquatch - 6.13.16, 1:39 pm Post #7: | Reply With Quote
What body is that mustang who makes it ?also those tires where did you get them .
(Last edited by Dirty sasquatch : 6.13.16 at 1:40 pm) Reason: More detail
No method to the madness.
"Experienced user"
JuanDLAT78 - 6.14.16, 8:48 am Post #8: | Reply With Quote
I got this done about a week ago. First run was this past weekend. Got about three packs in.

Being my first SCT and first that I've driven. First impressions. It looks awesome, wheels are under body. The way it leans in turn looks good and I've gotten used to driving it. So far very happy with it. I wish I would of gotten one sooner.

I did a lot of research before my purchase and I went with the Slash platform because of the aftermarket support and variety of conversions I have seen people do.

Only chassis upgrades I have done are STRC caster blocks. Decided to replace those even before it was ran. And Monster Jam body post for body height adjustment since the stock post have none.
I'm running a Sidewinder SCT system with the 3800 motor. Went with the 5mm shaft. At the time of purchase it was the lower price. So I converted to 32p since I have pinions from my E-Maxx and spurs are low priced.
Tires I went with Duratrax Banditos since most of my driving is on road.
Body is a JConcepts Truth with Duratrax Blue Flash. I'm a big Dodgers fan and this color matches the Dodger Blue perfectly.

As far as upgrades. Some off road tires. I'll try the stock spring off road first before i replace those. And springs for a stiffer ride on road with the Banditos.

(Last edited by JuanDLAT78 : 6.14.16 at 9:03 am) Reason: more detail
"Experienced user"
JuanDLAT78 - 6.14.16, 8:52 am Post #9: | Reply With Quote
@Myer I like the muscle car look too. How nice would it look if you could fit those tires under a SCT body. What is the car width with those tires?

@Smaug I agree. After only driving this a few times I want another. Same as you, to do a street car with a LCG chassis. Especially after seeing the muscle car bodies Parma does. I love the Oldsmobile. That is my next body purchase. I have a 70 Olds that is parked in my brothers backyard.
(Last edited by JuanDLAT78 : 6.14.16 at 8:59 am)
"Experienced user"
JuanDLAT78 - 7.05.16, 2:48 pm Post #10: | Reply With Quote
I've been having a blast running this. Unfortunately a servo in my E-Maxx went out. Since I was running a Traxxas 2075 servo in this (same as in my E-Maxx) I decided to upgrade the servo in the Slash and use the 2075 in the E-Maxx. I ordered a Hitec HS-5625MG and Slash 4x4 bellcranks. We'll see how it goes.