Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Sign in:
"Experienced user"
crostiger - 9.18.16, 9:55 pm Post #21: | Reply With Quote
ser3100 said
Well i need to buy 2s batts then. All of my batts are 3s 5000mah 30 or 35c

I agree with vintage about if its the sidewinder for 3s the slash is just a little to heavy for the sidewinder. All this is on 2s. But if you do go to 2s you can as long as its under 85F or so you can run as long as its still stock tires and not threw to much grass 23/86 all day long street running and track running. Now granted i was taking it very easy but i ran 31/76 with no heat issues with the sidewinder the only problem i had was about 3/4 throttle the front end would lift off the ground. In my opinion 3s with stock or 3800 is kinda crazy. But that's just me.
"I-/"
JesterTheJoker - 9.19.16, 5:18 am Post #22: | Reply With Quote
im running my sv3 esc paired to a reedy 550 motor and neither go much above 120 even though the motor is pretty over geared. I am on 2s mind you but still, a 40MPH slash 2wd is more than enough for me
True creativity has an element of madness, its what makes it un-predictable
-Aspiring Psychologist, Actor, and Backyard Mechanic-
"Experienced user"
ser3100 - 9.19.16, 8:01 am Post #23: | Reply With Quote
Got this all solved out. Swapped the sidewinder sct with the mamba max pro sct esc. Still gonna run the 3800kv motor and just gear it accordingly to keep motor temps in check. I should be ok now with the esc since its a higher amperage esc. Hope it all works out.
"Experienced user"
ser3100 - 9.19.16, 8:02 am Post #24: | Reply With Quote
Keep in mind that i weighed my slash with all running gear but no body and it comes in at just 4lbs. I assume im safe?
"I-/"
JesterTheJoker - 9.19.16, 12:00 pm Post #25: | Reply With Quote
ser3100 said
Keep in mind that i weighed my slash with all running gear but no body and it comes in at just 4lbs. I assume im safe?
oh thats perfectly fine, my slash outweighs yours by ~1 pound with my old SV3/4600 combo and it didnt break a sweat
True creativity has an element of madness, its what makes it un-predictable
-Aspiring Psychologist, Actor, and Backyard Mechanic-
"Experienced user"
crostiger - 9.19.16, 9:32 pm Post #26: | Reply With Quote
ser3100 said
Got this all solved out. Swapped the sidewinder sct with the mamba max pro sct esc. Still gonna run the 3800kv motor and just gear it accordingly to keep motor temps in check. I should be ok now with the esc since its a higher amperage esc. Hope it all works out.
with the mmp should be ok just watch gearing so you dont go over the amp limit of the esc which really isnt that hard to do. Should be ok im running mmp with the 2400kv in my 4x4 slash with a 4s stock gearing no issues.
"Experienced user"
vintage - 9.20.16, 5:54 am Post #27: | Reply With Quote
You'll be fine, I can't even get the MMP warm on 4s with the 2400 (which draws more current than the 3800) in the stampede 4x4. The slash will be uncontrollable long before you reach the MMP's limits.
"Experienced user"
ser3100 - 9.29.16, 6:01 am Post #28: | Reply With Quote
OK please help. I hooked everything up and this thing was supposed to be out of control fast and what i got was pretty unimpressive. Its slow to say the least. about 20-30 mph fast and mind you this is on 3s. Heres my breakdown of everything i have installed.

slash 2wd bone stck tranny
86t spur 14t pinion
3s 5000mah lipo
mamba max pro sct esc
castle 1410 sidewinder 3800kv motor
cheap Tactic ttx300 radio wtih rx

What am i doing wrong? I havent hooked up the castle link yet but maybe ill try that later. any thoughts?
"Experienced user"
draco321 - 9.29.16, 11:27 am Post #29: | Reply With Quote
Two things that will hold you back One is the lipo you're using if it a 25c to 35c lipo you might want to move up to at least 50c. Second is your gearing smaller spur gear and bigger pinion for higher speeds. One more thing is you might want to check for binding in the driveline. After rereading your post you need to go up to at least a 20t pinion to get your speed up.
Losi 8t 2.0. Xray Rx8 Neu 1515 X-ray T3 1406 7700kv
On road Losi L8 1515
Losi DBXL Losi MTXL Hpi 5t 2028
Losi mini 8t 1415
"Experienced user"
ser3100 - 9.29.16, 11:34 am Post #30: | Reply With Quote
yeah but wont a bigger pinion overheat the motor? Thats what i was told.