draco321 - 9.30.16, 9:50 am Post #41: | Reply With Quote
It's capacitors for the esc.
Losi 8t 2.0. Xray Rx8 Neu 1515 X-ray T3 1406 7700kv
On road Losi L8 1515
Losi DBXL Losi MTXL Hpi 5t 2028
Losi mini 8t 1415
"Experienced user"
vintage - 9.30.16, 11:27 am Post #42: | Reply With Quote
do you have the sidewinder or the mamba max pro?
"Experienced user"
ser3100 - 9.30.16, 12:01 pm Post #43: | Reply With Quote
mamba max pro sct.
"Experienced user"
ser3100 - 10.01.16, 9:04 am Post #44: | Reply With Quote
I think i found my problem. a loose slipper clutch. tightened it up yesterday and now it wont stop doing wheelies. Im going to gear down now that i found the issue.
"Takin' the E to the Maxx"
cobycobie - 10.09.16, 9:29 am Post #45: | Reply With Quote
ser3100 said
I think i found my problem. a loose slipper clutch. tightened it up yesterday and now it wont stop doing wheelies. Im going to gear down now that i found the issue.
Might be a bit late for this, but gearing down will make it wheelie even more.
If at first you don't succeed; call it version 1.0.
"Experienced user"
smirk-racing - 10.09.16, 11:40 am Post #46: | Reply With Quote
Turning UP the punch control value (which means more punch control, which means less change in speed per unit time) will help reduce wheelies.
"Experienced user"
vintage - 10.09.16, 3:34 pm Post #47: | Reply With Quote
cobycobie said
Might be a bit late for this, but gearing down will make it wheelie even more.
With brushless and lipo, this tends to only be true if the motor is so over-geared that it's way too hot already. Otherwise the motor will produce so much power under load that it accelerates faster when geared for a higher top speed just because a given change in rpm results in a greater change in speed when geared for a higher top speed.

Gearing for a slower speed means a given rpm change results in a smaller speed change and thus fewer wheelies and more easily controlled acceleration.
"Takin' the E to the Maxx"
cobycobie - 10.09.16, 6:08 pm Post #48: | Reply With Quote
vintage said
With brushless and lipo, this tends to only be true if the motor is so over-geared that it's way too hot already. Otherwise the motor will produce so much power under load that it accelerates faster when geared for a higher top speed just because a given change in rpm results in a greater change in speed when geared for a higher top speed.

Gearing for a slower speed means a given rpm change results in a smaller speed change and thus fewer wheelies and more easily controlled acceleration.
Good point.
If at first you don't succeed; call it version 1.0.
"Experienced user"
G&B Mike - 10.24.16, 11:28 am Post #49: | Reply With Quote
I've heard that upgrading a 2wd slash to the SCT castle brushless system and running 3s makes it nearly impossible to control. Anyone have any input on this?
"Experienced user"
llDemonll - 10.28.16, 7:12 am Post #50: | Reply With Quote
I'm on a 2S with stock gearing and a 3900kv motor and the thing is already quick as -[DISALLOWED -- edit your post]--[DISALLOWED -- edit your post]--[DISALLOWED -- edit your post]--[DISALLOWED -- edit your post]-. for a basher car, i wouldn't go any quicker personally. quick look says the castle is 3800kv and will be nearly identical. 3s will be effing fast