Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Sign in:
"Precision Basher"
fyrstormer - 10.14.16, 8:24 pm Post #1: | Reply With Quote
I've been looking around for a front sway bar kit for my RWD Slash, but I've not had much luck. Does anyone make swaybars for this vehicle?
Check out "Fyrstormer's Garage" in the General RC forum.
"Did I make the A Main?"
BillDeLong - 10.15.16, 7:43 am Post #2: | Reply With Quote
Hot Racing makes a kit:
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from...311SLC&_sop=15
eTruggy + eBuggy + 4WD Mod SC + 4WD Mod ST + 2WD Mod ST + 4WD 13.5T Buggy + 2WD 17.5T Buggy + Spec Slash
"Experienced user"
smirk-racing - 10.15.16, 9:40 am Post #3: | Reply With Quote
I have not tried using the Traxxas kit on a 2wd Slash but I would imagine it is usable with minor mods, and the price is nice:

http://www.dollarhobbyz.com/products...FcOJfgodPH8NHw
"Did I make the A Main?"
BillDeLong - 10.15.16, 11:46 am Post #4: | Reply With Quote
smirk-racing said
I have not tried using the Traxxas kit on a 2wd Slash but I would imagine it is usable with minor mods, and the price is nice:

http://www.dollarhobbyz.com/products...FcOJfgodPH8NHw
doesn't say it's compatible with the 2WD Slash, which is a completely different layout from the 4WD Slash, I don't think there are many compatible parts between both cars except maybe the rear wheels and hexes?
eTruggy + eBuggy + 4WD Mod SC + 4WD Mod ST + 2WD Mod ST + 4WD 13.5T Buggy + 2WD 17.5T Buggy + Spec Slash
"Experienced user"
smirk-racing - 10.15.16, 12:15 pm Post #5: | Reply With Quote
I bought that kit for my Rustler... basically the issue is whether there is a front diff housing or not (obviously there is no such housing in a 2wd vehicle). It takes a little modding to mount the wire, but not much.

We all know Fyrestomer could make it work with a paper clip and some twist ties, but the kit just collects some useful bits of wire with appropriate tension and some rod ends.

There is no doubt the link you sent is better but is is twice the price so I threw out a less expensive option that requires modding. Frankly I wish I had seen your link before I bought my kit.
(Last edited by smirk-racing : 10.15.16 at 12:18 pm)
"Precision Basher"
fyrstormer - 10.15.16, 6:06 pm Post #6: | Reply With Quote
Crud. That Hot Racing kit attaches to the stock front bumper, which I no longer have. I got the RPM front bumper, which doesn't have the upper brace the swaybar kit needs.
"ae fanboy"
Kingy - 10.15.16, 6:17 pm Post #7: | Reply With Quote
Have a crack at making one? They're pretty simple.
Associated [RC10B5M - RC10T4.1 FT - RC10B4.1 WORLD'S - RC10B44.2 - RC8T CE-E - RC8BE]
Durango [DESC210R] Ofna [NEXX10SC] Serpent [S411] RC4WD [Bully - Bully2]
Gmade [Sawback] Axial [Scx10 - Wraith - Yeti] Eagle Racing [TT-01 V.3] MST [FXX-D]
"Precision Basher"
fyrstormer - 10.15.16, 7:33 pm Post #8: | Reply With Quote
I'll figure something out. Maybe I can tune around it.
"Experienced user"
Kingers - 10.18.16, 3:16 pm Post #9: | Reply With Quote
Will adding a front sway bar help with a little turn in or will it stiffen the front end up too much to make it push?
"Did I make the A Main?"
BillDeLong - 10.25.16, 5:33 pm Post #10: | Reply With Quote
Tuning with sway bars is the #1 item to touch when trying to correct over/under steer as well as traction roll issues. It's not a matter of just having some random size sway bar installed, but using the proper size to get the desired effect. I used to only run a sway bar in the front and eventually learned how important it was to also use a sway bar in the rear to help settle the car down and make it far more planted by using the proper sizes on each end. More info here:
http://www.ultimaterc.com/forums/sho....php?p=1953528