Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Sign in:
"Experienced user"
SmokeScream - 10.24.16, 8:04 am Post #1: | Reply With Quote
I'm putting together a 2wd slash for indoor carpet racing winter. Does anyone have any setups or tips?
So far it has a sealed diff, steel axles, 32p gears and a sv3/3800 combo.
I still want to do the arms but am not sure if I should go with RPM or a protrac kit. Should the shocks and springs be upgraded?
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
"Certified Music Junkie"
JesterTheJoker - 10.24.16, 8:13 am Post #2: | Reply With Quote
ill assume if youre racing it youve got the LCG chassis? If not you should get that, and i would get the protrac kit, its just a bit of an edge up. As for shocks the stock ones are fine with aluminum caps (though i prefer big bores or GTR's due to smoothness) but the springs should for sure be changed. I would buy the integy spring tuning set (not the progressive ones) and 30, 40, and 50WT team associated oil, you wont be disappointed at all.
"My garden is life itself, in the sense that every aspect of it should be taken care of and tended to as you would a rose, trimming off dead leaves and excess, being left with raw beauty, and perfection in my own mind. " - Jester
"Experienced user"
Fiero_Man_121 - 10.24.16, 11:21 am Post #3: | Reply With Quote
Skip the integy spring set and get the losi xxxt springs. Stock shocks or big bores will do you righteous. What kind of racing? Oval? Road course? jumps?
Florida Oval Racer | Vintage traxxas collector | Mad Scientist
"Experienced user"
SmokeScream - 10.24.16, 1:08 pm Post #4: | Reply With Quote
It is road course with no jumps.
Is there specific spring rates I should get in the losi springs?
I don't have a lcg chassis yet but have been thinking of getting one. Which lcg chassis do you guys recommend?
"Certified Music Junkie"
JesterTheJoker - 10.24.16, 2:42 pm Post #5: | Reply With Quote
SmokeScream said
It is road course with no jumps.
Is there specific spring rates I should get in the losi springs?
I don't have a lcg chassis yet but have been thinking of getting one. Which lcg chassis do you guys recommend?
id go traxxas LCG, its suited me well

*edit* the integy spring set in my opinion is an amazing buy, its suited me well with the 3 or 4 rc's ive used it on. All to their own, but it's an amazing bargain in my opinion
(Last edited by JesterTheJoker : 10.25.16 at 10:26 am)
"My garden is life itself, in the sense that every aspect of it should be taken care of and tended to as you would a rose, trimming off dead leaves and excess, being left with raw beauty, and perfection in my own mind. " - Jester
"Did I make the A Main?"
BillDeLong - 10.25.16, 9:11 am Post #6: | Reply With Quote
Here's my Slash setup for indoor med to high traction clay, I don't think it will be much far off for carpet:
http://www.ultimaterc.com/forums/sho....php?p=2311784
eTruggy + eBuggy + 4WD Mod SC + 4WD Mod ST + 2WD Mod ST + 4WD 13.5T Buggy + 2WD 17.5T Buggy + Spec Slash
"Experienced user"
SmokeScream - 10.25.16, 6:07 pm Post #7: | Reply With Quote
With my hot racing sealed diff there was 2 tiny shims, do you guys know where they are supposed to go?
"Did I make the A Main?"
BillDeLong - 10.25.16, 6:27 pm Post #8: | Reply With Quote
more than likely they are used to cover the rubber seals to protect them from tearing from the rotation of the out drives, that's fairly standard for all sealed diffs that I've used. Be sure to grease all the rubber seals to prevent leaks too
eTruggy + eBuggy + 4WD Mod SC + 4WD Mod ST + 2WD Mod ST + 4WD 13.5T Buggy + 2WD 17.5T Buggy + Spec Slash
"Experienced user"
SmokeScream - 10.25.16, 6:35 pm Post #9: | Reply With Quote
They aren't big enough to fit over the outdrive shafts. I was thinking maybe they were for in between the outdrives to take up any side to side play.

I green slimed all the o-rings when I assembled it.
"Did I make the A Main?"
BillDeLong - 10.25.16, 6:48 pm Post #10: | Reply With Quote
if it were me, I'd find some shims that fit over the out drives so the spinning of the gear face doesn't rub directly against the rubber seal.... I almost wonder if they accidentally dropped in the wrong size shims into your kit by mistake?