Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Sign in:
"Hasa Diga Eebowai!"
lsear2905 - 1.02.17, 4:21 pm Post #21: | Reply With Quote
DrJVogel said
Moneypit70 is an addict. Just like me. Just like the rest of us. Hello RC. Goodbye wallet. Welcome. You are among friends.
He's alive! Welcome back DrJ... that was a looooooong vacation!

Thing is, if you only have one RC, why not make it as good as you can?

Also, is it possible to only have one RC?
from Melbourne, Australia (where Winter is Summer, and we use the metric system)

Bored? Check out and follow my Instagram feed @mycousinscrogg
Really bored? lsear2905's Garage in the General RC section
Want even more? Check out my flickr page at flickr.com/lsear
"Experienced user"
Scargoes - 1.02.17, 9:38 pm Post #22: | Reply With Quote
I recently bought a 2wd slash and told myself I would keep it stock. Replacement parts can be upgrades like RPM arms etc. LOL!!! Okay, I bought the LCG chassis, swapped over the 3500 traxxas brushless motor from my 4x4 and changed the esc out for a castle I had sitting around. I keep telling myself I wont hop it up anymore (unless I already have the parts)....

Addicted? 3.5 years in the hobby and I have 46 cars. 5 are new kits waiting to be built.
"jerk."
nino - 1.02.17, 11:25 pm Post #23: | Reply With Quote
Scargoes said
Addicted? 3.5 years in the hobby and I have 46 cars. 5 are new kits waiting to be built.
In order of appearance:
ECX Torment 2WD BL | Tamiya Stadium Blitzer | H.King Rattler | Basher Bad Bug | Basher Hellseeker | Axial Wraith Spawn
"Experienced user"
Moneypit70 - 1.03.17, 7:06 am Post #24: | Reply With Quote
Wish it didn't take a week for my posts to show up. Hopefully a couple more and I will get over the hump.

I don't remember where I left off. Yesterday I made the repair from my nephew's mishap. He ended up breaking the front shock tower, bulkhead, 1 tie rod end, one of the posts on the LCG lower tray and he slightly bent the Hot Racing Steering bellcrank. I didn't see him crash but I must have been pretty substantial. Well, back to the Hobby Shop

Went with the RPM shock tower, matching blue LCG lower tray, blue RPM short tie rod caps, STRC blue aluminum bulkhead, STRC oversized blue aluminum hub carriers (justified this by figuring I will have the front end apart anyway) and proline extended body mount kit. Also picked up a pair of RPM offset compensating A-arms for back up or whenever I decide to pick up a set of 2.8 tires.

After install and steering adjustments all is well. Truck is beautiful and stupid fast. Hopefully this weekend is decent so my son can go somewhere safe to beat on it instead of bashing in the street into curbs / benches / cars etc. I will post some pics soon.
"Experienced user"
Blue6Prodigy - 1.03.17, 1:41 pm Post #25: | Reply With Quote
Scargoes said

That's 46 cars in 42 months. You're ahead of the game buddy.
Check profile for list of RC's Owned
"Experienced user"
Tweeter01 - 1.03.17, 4:17 pm Post #26: | Reply With Quote
I'm really beind in the game for rc's compared to many of you. I've got two right now and my kid has two and were buying two more in the next while.
"Experienced user"
Moneypit70 - 1.06.17, 6:07 pm Post #27: | Reply With Quote
A few clean pics while it still looks new. Sub freezing in NJ so it will look like this for at least a few more days.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Covered.JPG (414.7 KB, 64 views)
File Type: jpg Covered Motor.JPG (543.6 KB, 50 views)
File Type: jpg ESC.JPG (482.7 KB, 46 views)
File Type: jpg Servo.JPG (451.8 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg Top Down.JPG (502.8 KB, 64 views)
File Type: jpg Uncovered Rear.JPG (467.5 KB, 52 views)
File Type: jpg Proline Caster Block.JPG (607.0 KB, 44 views)
File Type: jpg STRC Aluminum Hub.JPG (531.1 KB, 44 views)
File Type: jpg Nice Rear.JPG (493.1 KB, 56 views)
"Suka Blyat"
alexulan - 1.09.17, 10:44 am Post #28: | Reply With Quote
Looks Sweet! Those wires are going to need some shielding for sure.
"Regular user"
SlashBash72 - 1.09.17, 3:22 pm Post #29: | Reply With Quote
wow. I would be angry if that happened to me. how long did it take to put that together. has it broken yet?
"Experienced user"
Moneypit70 - 1.09.17, 6:41 pm Post #30: | Reply With Quote
alexulan said
Looks Sweet! Those wires are going to need some shielding for sure.
Thank you. Will look into some shielding.