Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Sign in:
"Regular user"
BlahX3 - 1.02.17, 4:02 pm Post #1: | Reply With Quote
Finally decided to do my backslash variant.
I see proline stopped making their chassis saver.
Bummer. And I don't want lcg chassis.
Is there another option now or do I need to try to make my own?
Thanks.
Slash on.
"Regular user"
BlahX3 - 1.07.17, 12:36 am Post #2: | Reply With Quote
Ok, well is the RPM rear skid with the extra screw post working as good
"Experienced user"
riderinblack - 2.06.17, 11:48 pm Post #3: | Reply With Quote
Making your own shouldn't be all that difficult, the rpm rear skidplate helps but not as much as the chassis saver.
"The predator lives alone, he accepts this reality as the cost for his existence "
"Dirtbag rc'er"
Fiero_Man_121 - 2.07.17, 12:02 am Post #4: | Reply With Quote
All it is is a glorified strip of aluminum with 4 holes in it.
Florida Oval Racer | Vintage traxxas collector | Mad Scientist
"Regular user"
BlahX3 - 2.07.17, 11:31 pm Post #5: | Reply With Quote
Thanks.
I've reconsidered the LCG, it doesn't have that issue.
"Suka Blyat"
alexulan - 2.08.17, 10:52 am Post #6: | Reply With Quote
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-TRAXXAS-...gAAOSwPCVX9ERy

Used this on the slash 4x4 just had to drill a few holes.

Not sure if it would work on slash 2wd.
"Certified Music Trash"
JesterTheJoker - 2.08.17, 11:01 am Post #7: | Reply With Quote
Not sure why the slash's need chassis savers. Never in my life have i seen a broken slash chassis in a place where the saver would habe helped
Honestly, without emotions no progress could be made. Curiosity is an emotion, logical thought is driven by the lust for something else, better or worse is inconsequential.
"Experienced user"
riderinblack - 2.08.17, 4:32 pm Post #8: | Reply With Quote
JesterTheJoker said
Not sure why the slash's need chassis savers. Never in my life have i seen a broken slash chassis in a place where the saver would habe helped
The high cg slash weakest point was in the rear, where the trans meets the chassis. All that holds it in place is 2 very weak tabs and the rear skid plate. Not to mention the big ballast far behind it that is the motor. I've personally have snapped 3, kinda funny too whole truck just splits in half. Never happened again with the chassis saver and rpm rear skid. Often times people don't understand that not everyone bashes like them. The dude that takes his slash to the park on an empty soccer field will never understand the complaints the dude that takes his slash to the skate park to get 40ft+ of air will have. Everything can break if you bash it hard enough.
(Last edited by riderinblack : 2.08.17 at 6:53 pm)
"The predator lives alone, he accepts this reality as the cost for his existence "
"Certified Music Trash"
JesterTheJoker - 2.09.17, 5:00 am Post #9: | Reply With Quote
Thats true, i bash my slash at the skate park and have never seen a chassis break. Mind you i broke a rustler/bandit chassis right in the middle of the battery tray, but never a slash or a stampede chassis
Honestly, without emotions no progress could be made. Curiosity is an emotion, logical thought is driven by the lust for something else, better or worse is inconsequential.
"Obstacle Magnet"
DrJVogel - 2.12.17, 8:56 am Post #10: | Reply With Quote
PM sent.
RC addict and loving it
somewhere near Grass Valley, CA --- let's bash