Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Sign in:
"Experienced user"
MaX-D - 2.01.17, 12:15 pm Post #11: | Reply With Quote
It's definitely worth the money. My 2wd slash with stock 86 / 23 gearing runs like a raped ape
Maximum Destruction
VIKINGS fan
GO BIG or GO HOME!!!
"Experienced user"
Fredo - 2.01.17, 12:43 pm Post #12: | Reply With Quote
shreddinspurs said
http://www.digikey.com/product-detai...FR6ewAod1S0AyQ
Is the soldering iron I use/learned on. I really like it, get a chisel tip though, it will help alot.
A very smart man once told me "Buy a good tool and cry once over the price, buy a cheap tool and cry every time you use it."
Aluminum shock caps are like a gateway drug
"Experienced user"
MaX-D - 2.01.17, 12:55 pm Post #13: | Reply With Quote
Fredo said
A very smart man once told me "Buy a good tool and cry once over the price, buy a cheap tool and cry every time you use it."
I learn that lesson the hard way my first year in RC using Dynamite hex drivers. After stripping out a few screws, I got smart and bought a complete set MIP's. What a difference.
Maximum Destruction
VIKINGS fan
GO BIG or GO HOME!!!
"Regular user"
Kwkenuf - 2.01.17, 2:20 pm Post #14: | Reply With Quote
So awesome to hear a good review on this! I purchased the exact same one for my Stampede. I had a $10 off code, and bought it on their free shipping day yesterday, so it was $19.99 shipped to my door! Now I just need to get an ESC and I am in business!
"Experienced user"
MaX-D - 2.01.17, 2:30 pm Post #15: | Reply With Quote
I love this motor. I Drive my Slash like I stole it and surprisingly the motor runs cool
Maximum Destruction
VIKINGS fan
GO BIG or GO HOME!!!
"Experienced user"
MaX-D - 2.01.17, 2:34 pm Post #16: | Reply With Quote
Kwkenuf said
So awesome to hear a good review on this! I purchased the exact same one for my Stampede. I had a $10 off code, and bought it on their free shipping day yesterday, so it was $19.99 shipped to my door! Now I just need to get an ESC and I am in business!
I'm running the hobbywing wp8 SC 80a ESC. The specs on this motor on Towers website says that the max amp draw is 84. I figured 80a will be enough to cover it. It's not like I'm running Full Throttle all the time
Maximum Destruction
VIKINGS fan
GO BIG or GO HOME!!!
"Regular user"
Kwkenuf - 2.01.17, 3:10 pm Post #17: | Reply With Quote
I am planning on a HW ESC also. I have a 1060 paired with an old Stinger right now. It does great for a brushed setup. Can't imagine when I get a BL in it! The current combo is going to make its way into a Hornet or Frog.
"Experienced user"
slick2500 - 2.01.17, 4:26 pm Post #18: | Reply With Quote
thegrafxguy said
Learn to solder. It's a requirement if you're going to stay in the hobby. Not only will it save you money doing it yourself, you won't have to wait for a shop to do it or shipping for some extra-resistance-adding adapter.

Also, absolutely love my rc Gearshop motor as well. I've got the 2150kv one for my 8th buggy and the thing runs great. Powerful and fast, runs cool.
alexulan said
at $10 I guess this might be worth the hassle of not using the iron.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from...150mm&_sacat=0
Not trying to derail the thread from the topic but.
My blue can GoolRc motor has super short wires on it too, and I made some of these wires with bullets on them to extend the length to reach to my Castle SCT esc in my Ruckus. Is there a better way to do this?
Ecx 2wd Ruckus
Traxxas Stampede XL-5
Traxxas Summit 1/10
"Experienced user"
thegrafxguy - 2.01.17, 4:58 pm Post #19: | Reply With Quote
If it were me, I'd take the wires off the esc as generally with higher end esc's you have to solder those in yourself or they're just soldered into cups anyway. I'd just use longer wires there instead of more joints that add resistance
RC8.2e Factory Team - RC Gear Shop 2150kv, HW XERun SCT Pro, Savox 1260 Servo

Sakura D4 AWD - Tacon 3930kv, HW EZRun 60a, Blue Bird Servo

Spektrum DX4S
"Experienced user"
slick2500 - 2.01.17, 10:52 pm Post #20: | Reply With Quote
thegrafxguy said
If it were me, I'd take the wires off the esc as generally with higher end esc's you have to solder those in yourself or they're just soldered into cups anyway. I'd just use longer wires there instead of more joints that add resistance
So just take the bullets off the ends of the wires and solder them directly to the esc?
(Last edited by slick2500 : 2.01.17 at 11:20 pm)
Ecx 2wd Ruckus
Traxxas Stampede XL-5
Traxxas Summit 1/10