Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Sign in:
"Regular user"
1mtx1 - 1.25.17, 3:47 pm Post #11: | Reply With Quote
riderinblack said
Unless you have a high power system in 3s or higher there is no need for the PL Street fighters, the ones you linked will more than suffice on 2s, that's what I run up to 3s and they stick plenty for me. The SC rodeoo are good all round tires as well and can be found fairly cheap.
Cool bro, i am gonna run a 60 amp esc an 4 pool 3900 kv bl setup.I have a 5000 mAh Geforce 2s 30C lipo i just got. I just gotta build the slash it is chop ebay special. I like the idea cause i can run the wheel/tire's i want an the body i can do my own paint theme etc with it. I guess ill grab those ones i linked or less any one knows of anything cheaper? I still have to find a all around tire for the front but i can handle that lol. Thank you an its cool to know you run them
"Regular user"
1mtx1 - 1.25.17, 3:50 pm Post #12: | Reply With Quote
edgeverse said
Either PL Street Fighters or Dynamite Robbers will do the job, my wife has SF's and I run robbers, both grip amazingly well.

Street fighters would be a great choice but its a little out of my price range now, i rather get something now an be happy with it then wait a few weeks to get up a few bucks more an have the slash just sit ya know?I wanna sure up the grip issue i would have if i went the slash tires. I did look in to the ones the Jatto comes with but tbh there a little over priced vs what i linked.. Thank you for ya input . Any pics you can post so i can see how you an ya wife do it???
"Precision Basher"
fyrstormer - 1.25.17, 4:05 pm Post #13: | Reply With Quote
Duratrax Bandito C2. Best damn on-road buggy tires I've ever used. They grip like crazy. They are available in a short-course version as well.

The "Robbers" are, for the record, a shameless ripoff of the Duratrax Banditos.
Check out "Fyrstormer's Garage" in the General RC forum.
"Experienced user"
riderinblack - 1.25.17, 11:48 pm Post #14: | Reply With Quote
Another thing that I haven't seen anyone mention is just how fast the Street fighters wear out when you are constantly giving them the beans, yes they grip a little better than the rodeoos but that's because of a softer compound, which like all soft compounds on a hard surface, wear faster. Donuts do not help this at all.

Also "ripoffs" is a harsh term for street tires, street threads are pretty identical to begin with unlike off road threads that can vary immensely, see clay tire to badlands for example.

If a company can give me 90% the performance of a top brand at only 70% the cost, kudos to them. Keeps the big guys humble and keep a couple extra dollars in my pocket.

@OP check out suprasales on ebay, they have budget tires as well
"The predator lives alone, he accepts this reality as the cost for his existence "
"Precision Basher"
fyrstormer - 1.26.17, 12:02 am Post #15: | Reply With Quote
Never mind, I was thinking of a different tire which is a direct copy of the Duratrax Bandito, down to the details of the tread pattern.
Check out "Fyrstormer's Garage" in the General RC forum.
"Did I make the A Main?"
BillDeLong - 1.26.17, 6:17 am Post #16: | Reply With Quote
With some widened hexes on the front you can always install some TC wheels

But in all seriousness, I currently race with a set of Dynamite Robbers with AKA medium foams and that combo performs better and lasts longer than the ProLine Streetfighters with stock blue foams. If you don't want to replace the foams and performance isn't as important, then I would go with the Streetfighters. If you want the best possible performance then I would install a set of 17mm hex adapters and run a set of SP Racing tires:
http://deltaplastikusa.com/SP-Racing...ale-road-tires
Club Racer: SCT + eBuggy + Spec Slash + 17.5T Buggy + GT8e + USGT + VTA + 17.5T TC
Basher:
Monster Trucks + Crawlers + Drifters + Motorcycles

"Regular user"
SlashMaxx4x4 - 1.26.17, 9:06 am Post #17: | Reply With Quote
Here are a couple, sorry for the bad quality, crappy phone camera.

"Gone Racing"
"I-/"
JesterTheJoker - 1.26.17, 11:05 am Post #18: | Reply With Quote
i run street fighters on my slash, and with a 550 can 3800KV motor they refuse to spin up unless im on dirt. Rather overkill than underkill in my book, my vote is still street fighters :P
"The world treats every last one of us like crap at some point in out lives. Its nothing but a test, those who make it are the best of us, those who dont can only be prayed for in whatever may come after life" - Jester
-Aspiring Psychologist, Actor, and Backyard Mechanic-
"Regular user"
1mtx1 - 1.27.17, 9:11 am Post #19: | Reply With Quote
fyrstormer said
Duratrax Bandito C2. Best damn on-road buggy tires I've ever used. They grip like crazy. They are available in a short-course version as well.

The "Robbers" are, for the record, a shameless ripoff of the Duratrax Banditos.
Id love to get those tbh, i love the look of them
"Regular user"
1mtx1 - 1.27.17, 9:12 am Post #20: | Reply With Quote
riderinblack said
Another thing that I haven't seen anyone mention is just how fast the Street fighters wear out when you are constantly giving them the beans, yes they grip a little better than the rodeoos but that's because of a softer compound, which like all soft compounds on a hard surface, wear faster. Donuts do not help this at all.

Also "ripoffs" is a harsh term for street tires, street threads are pretty identical to begin with unlike off road threads that can vary immensely, see clay tire to badlands for example.

If a company can give me 90% the performance of a top brand at only 70% the cost, kudos to them. Keeps the big guys humble and keep a couple extra dollars in my pocket.

@OP check out suprasales on ebay, they have budget tires as well
well said, i will check them out. ty