Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Sign in:
"Regular user"
1mtx1 - 1.27.17, 9:14 am Post #21: | Reply With Quote
SlashMaxx4x4 said
Here are a couple, sorry for the bad quality, crappy phone camera.

Thank you for the pics, they look pretty darn good to me
"Regular user"
1mtx1 - 1.27.17, 9:16 am Post #22: | Reply With Quote
JesterTheJoker said
i run street fighters on my slash, and with a 550 can 3800KV motor they refuse to spin up unless im on dirt. Rather overkill than underkill in my book, my vote is still street fighters :P
ill be running a 540 can an its 3900 kv , i just gotta watch what i spend i think i gotta get the ones i linked back on the first page
"Experienced user"
riderinblack - 1.27.17, 9:35 am Post #23: | Reply With Quote
1mtx1 said
ill be running a 540 can an its 3900 kv , i just gotta watch what i spend i think i gotta get the ones i linked back on the first page
Those will do fine, I run those on my 2wd with a pair of trenches, when I'm on road I move the redoos to the back and for off road I switch them. Yeah they push on dirt but nothing a Scandinavian flick can't fix right?

Im running a 4068 2700kv 4 pole on 3 and 4s.

To save a little more coin do what I did, by them unmounted and glue them yourself, I found that set on flea Bay for 16.99
"The predator lives alone, he accepts this reality as the cost for his existence "
"Regular user"
1mtx1 - 1.27.17, 9:51 am Post #24: | Reply With Quote
riderinblack said
Those will do fine, I run those on my 2wd with a pair of trenches, when I'm on road I move the redoos to the back and for off road I switch them. Yeah they push on dirt but nothing a Scandinavian flick can't fix right?

Im running a 4068 2700kv 4 pole on 3 and 4s.

To save a little more coin do what I did, by them unmounted and glue them yourself, I found that set on flea Bay for 16.99
I like the look of them an i am sure they will be just fine. ty
"Experienced user"
riderinblack - 1.27.17, 11:29 am Post #25: | Reply With Quote
I know what it's like rc'ing on a budget so here are a couple tips/tricks I've found saved me money

1: learn to reinforce your body, specially the front/rear bumpers, any sharp corners and body post locations. Drywall tape and shoe goo work great. Makes your body's last a lot longer.

2: gorilla tape or shoe goo and drywall tape the inside of your tires (specially for 3s use) stops ballooning and uneven tire wear which makes them last a lot longer. I've had to toss a lot of tires that tore in the middle of the thread from baldness but the shoulders were almost brand new.

3: maintenance, keep your Rc clean (or as clean as you can. Specially bearings and electronics. This is even more true if you bash in the wet. Nothing is water proof only resistant, your bearings and battery/etc connectors are not at all waterproof, not to mention the screws. Keep it clean and dry and avoid repairs.

4:TX battery's, if you Rc a lot your best money saver is going to be rechargeable eneloops. If you rarely bash copper tops will work fine. There's nothing worse than realizing you have a 30 minute to bash only to find you forgot to charge your AAs.

5. Terrain specific tires. Use your dirt tires only on dirt they will last for ever. No matter how tempting it will be to rip across a parking lot on the way back to your car.

6.lipo care, I've killed about $500 worth of lipos by forgetting to bring them up to storage voltage after a bash session. I check on them months later to find a dead cell, don't be like me. After a run charge them to 3.8 per cell for long (unknown amount of time) storage. Lipos advertise 500 cycles and you can get there but only if you treat them properly. Also don't store them fully charged for extended periods.

7: ram parts resist breaking because they flex, keep that trade off in mind.

And last but not least, strengthen your Google kunfu. There are tons of great budget brands with a bad stigma, don't let a couple bad reviews Sway you away, do your research and know you get what you pay for. A lot of people give these companys a lot of undeserved flack when they paid $10 but expected it to be as good as its $25 name brand counter part. I've destroyed strc axle carriers just as easily as I did a pair of Integy ones. Some crashes will destroy a part no matter what brand it is.

Suprasales, Integy, duratrax, picket SC, and a few others have some good budget products

Goodluck man
"The predator lives alone, he accepts this reality as the cost for his existence "
"Did I make the A Main?"
BillDeLong - 1.27.17, 11:44 am Post #26: | Reply With Quote
riderinblack said
gorilla tape or shoe goo and drywall tape the inside of your tires (specially for 3s use) stops ballooning and uneven tire wear which makes them last a lot longer. I've had to toss a lot of tires that tore in the middle of the thread from baldness but the shoulders were almost brand new.
I tried this once and I couldn't get my wheels to properly balance, I had since learned it best to use 17mm hex adapters and run GT8 wheels with tires that are belted... Sweep EXP50 have proven to withstand insane speed runs on 6S for me
Club Racer: SCT + eBuggy + Spec Slash + 17.5T Buggy + GT8e + USGT + VTA + 17.5T TC
Basher:
Monster Trucks + Crawlers + Drifters + Motorcycles

"Experienced user"
riderinblack - 1.27.17, 1:56 pm Post #27: | Reply With Quote
BillDeLong said
I tried this once and I couldn't get my wheels to properly balance, I had since learned it best to use 17mm hex adapters and run GT8 wheels with tires that are belted... Sweep EXP50 have proven to withstand insane speed runs on 6S for me
LOL Bill, some of us just want to go fast, not speed up the rotation of the earth with our Rc cars
"Regular user"
1mtx1 - 1.27.17, 2:57 pm Post #28: | Reply With Quote
riderinblack said
I know what it's like rc'ing on a budget so here are a couple tips/tricks I've found saved me money

1: learn to reinforce your body, specially the front/rear bumpers, any sharp corners and body post locations. Drywall tape and shoe goo work great. Makes your body's last a lot longer.

2: gorilla tape or shoe goo and drywall tape the inside of your tires (specially for 3s use) stops ballooning and uneven tire wear which makes them last a lot longer. I've had to toss a lot of tires that tore in the middle of the thread from baldness but the shoulders were almost brand new.

3: maintenance, keep your Rc clean (or as clean as you can. Specially bearings and electronics. This is even more true if you bash in the wet. Nothing is water proof only resistant, your bearings and battery/etc connectors are not at all waterproof, not to mention the screws. Keep it clean and dry and avoid repairs.

4:TX battery's, if you Rc a lot your best money saver is going to be rechargeable eneloops. If you rarely bash copper tops will work fine. There's nothing worse than realizing you have a 30 minute to bash only to find you forgot to charge your AAs.

5. Terrain specific tires. Use your dirt tires only on dirt they will last for ever. No matter how tempting it will be to rip across a parking lot on the way back to your car.

6.lipo care, I've killed about $500 worth of lipos by forgetting to bring them up to storage voltage after a bash session. I check on them months later to find a dead cell, don't be like me. After a run charge them to 3.8 per cell for long (unknown amount of time) storage. Lipos advertise 500 cycles and you can get there but only if you treat them properly. Also don't store them fully charged for extended periods.

7: ram parts resist breaking because they flex, keep that trade off in mind.

And last but not least, strengthen your Google kunfu. There are tons of great budget brands with a bad stigma, don't let a couple bad reviews Sway you away, do your research and know you get what you pay for. A lot of people give these companys a lot of undeserved flack when they paid $10 but expected it to be as good as its $25 name brand counter part. I've destroyed strc axle carriers just as easily as I did a pair of Integy ones. Some crashes will destroy a part no matter what brand it is.

Suprasales, Integy, duratrax, picket SC, and a few others have some good budget products

Goodluck man
Wow where do i start lol. I do thank you brotha very kind of you to take the time to offer some help for me. See i am a long time nitro guy an tbh these electronics for the electric cars/trucks is a little different then my nitro cars/trucks.

I love the fact i have to bring less GEAR with me when i go out bashing. There is no tracks where i live i use to live in upstate NY an they had a indoor track i tried to run a few electrics but it was not for me tbh.

I did great buying budget gear this month , if you do not mind an i am sorry for getting off topic but... I went with value hobby's got a b6 clone 80 watt up to 6 amp charge. I got a Geforce 5000 mAh 2s 30 C battery an a pos towardpro servo that i am going to replace in a few days..

I got a Goolrc 60 amp splash proof esc an a 4 poll 540 can 3900 kv motor. An i got a program card for the esc, i got to get a 2s wire to make charging a little less pain in the butt lol

I am learning an there is some great guy's like ya self who take the time to help an i am very very thank full. I am working with a limited budget an i rather not go in to it but i am on ssd do to a bad car accident a stupid drunk driver.

So i have A LOT of free time lol, i spend my time working on my issues BUT rc cars mean so much to me. I cant grip a screw driver with out pain but its my saving grace that keeps me sane hahaha.

Last thing if you do not mind? I have my lipo cells at 3.7ish i had to test out my DHK wolf . Its been kinda a pain to say the less, i cant get my servo to work right. I think there is a connection issue? Bill gave me some advice its funny i have a older Futaba servo i pulled from a first gen Black foot an that servo does the same thing. So the servo an maybe a new remote/receiver might be something i have to get..This crap all adds up bro but..... I love this hobby an i love to stop an answer questions an try to get other people in to this hobby. I had a nitro on road car back in the day a 2 speed beast .18 os Bmw M3 silver body. I would get it up to 60 ish mph an people would come up to me an be like damn bro that is moving lol.
(Last edited by 1mtx1 : 1.27.17 at 3:02 pm)
"Experienced user"
riderinblack - 1.27.17, 10:30 pm Post #29: | Reply With Quote
Not sure about that charger but from the 80watts I've had over the years they never actually allowed 6A charging, they would immediately step down to 5, which is fine, but who knows yours might differ.

Also, what did you mean by a 2s cable, how are you charging it now?

On servos, for bashing I like to use the Solar D771, it's got about 190 oz/in at 6v and the EXI D226f (I think, which ever one has 180 oz/in torque) both are all metal gears and direct drop ins. Both under $20

As for that esc , 60a seams a little low but then again idk how many amps that motor can pull.

On the servos, could be the reciever, could be the servo, could be dirty connectors, could be, but not likely your transmitter. Gonna have trouble shoot that one.

3.7-3.9 is just fine for lipo storage (per cell)
"Experienced user"
Miltdoggie - 1.28.17, 8:14 am Post #30: | Reply With Quote
Upgrade to 17mm hexes and get you some GRP tires

IG- @original.ofcrplz