Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
For information about the recent site outage & extended downtime please see The Site Outage Thread and focus all related discussion on that thread alone.
Not a Member Yet? You're Missing Out!
Sign up in minutes for a free URC Network account and you'll be able to post in over 100+ forum categories, search over a decade of archived topics, exchange private messages with other members, upload pictures to the RC photo galleries, and much more!

Already have an account?
Sign in below!
Sign in:
"Regular user"
exc4x4 - 1.24.15, 10:19 am Post #2521: | Reply With Quote
well I put a wheelie bar on. I found this on ebay the other day. Didnt know ecx made one.. part #ecx1014 seems pretty good. wish the tires were made out of rubber not hard plastic..

took my steering apart again.. the boom racing servo saver is crap.. i took it out once and it opened up so i took it off and clamped it down to close it up only for it to last two more runs then the steering was all over the place..

well crappy weather here so i cant test out the wheelie bar.. roads all ice covered..
"Regular user"
exc4x4 - 1.24.15, 10:25 am Post #2522: | Reply With Quote
on another note.. i installed traxxas adjustable links and one broke the other day first run.. just snapped in half. I emailed traxxas and they wanted me to register my traxxas vehicle on the site.. I was like w.t.h. i have my receipt replace the part but no... well that just puts me off to never buy a traxxas vehicle.
"New user"
NWBash - 1.24.15, 2:25 pm Post #2523: | Reply With Quote
WOOOHOOOOO!

Just got back from the LHS and purchased a new Tazer 3300kv Brushless system combo and I am PUMPED UP!

I didn't get the LiPo or charger for it yet, but that's ok. We decided in stead of putting ANOTHER new motor in that we would just go brushless first.

I am charging my packs now and will update on the status of the truck when I run my first pack. The LHS guy did put a tiny LiPo pack to it just to make sure it was programed and working and I must say, the tires balloon ! Crazy cool looking

Wwwwwooooooooo! Even on my NiMh packs this thing is sweet. Exactly what I was looking for! I am blown away
(Last edited by NWBash : 1.24.15 at 3:06 pm)
1/10 2wd Ruckus Stock
"New user"
NWBash - 1.24.15, 4:54 pm Post #2524: | Reply With Quote
Welp... second pack in and my wife broke the axle... I'm out till Monday now...
1/10 2wd Ruckus Stock
"New user"
stewdogg - 1.24.15, 5:05 pm Post #2525: | Reply With Quote
NWBash said
Welp... second pack in and my wife broke the axle... I'm out till Monday now...
Congrats on the new motor!
I just got my brushless recently as well and it makes the truck far more drivable.

So... how did the axle break?
"New user"
NWBash - 1.24.15, 6:44 pm Post #2526: | Reply With Quote
stewdogg said
Congrats on the new motor!
I just got my brushless recently as well and it makes the truck far more drivable.

So... how did the axle break?
Actually, I suppose it would be considered the driveshaft. So my bad on that (maybe they are 1 in the same)

She insists on driving it full speed into stuff like a dummy. This time she managed to crank it enough it would come in sideways, but just snapped it on impact.

I bought it for her, but we haven't made it through an entire pack without breaking something ywt, and it ONLY happens in her hands, so I am cutting her off and taking over ownership
1/10 2wd Ruckus Stock
"Experienced user"
RCdad - 1.24.15, 7:02 pm Post #2527: | Reply With Quote
NWBash said
Actually, I suppose it would be considered the driveshaft. So my bad on that (maybe they are 1 in the same)

She insists on driving it full speed into stuff like a dummy. This time she managed to crank it enough it would come in sideways, but just snapped it on impact.

I bought it for her, but we haven't made it through an entire pack without breaking something ywt, and it ONLY happens in her hands, so I am cutting her off and taking over ownership
Lol, that will teach you. Seriously though, you could try putting a piece of foam behind the trigger as sort of a limiter when she drives.

I do know what you mean though. I let my wife drive my sc8.2e when I first got it. Completely empty playfield except for the soccer goal posts. She hit one of the posts head on running wide open, 40mph. Luckily it's a beast and nothing broke.

I brought my ruckus with me today, visiting my mom, but the weather is horrible so I've stayed inside flying hubsan x4.
Rc18t, hobbywing 25a, 7800 kv
Sc8.2e, stockish
Ruckus 2wd, hobbywing wpsc8, tacon 3500 kv, traxxas big bores
Hubsan X4
"Regular user"
CptKlink - 1.24.15, 9:01 pm Post #2528: | Reply With Quote
No surprise there the ECX Driveshafts are pretty much garbage when you upgrade to Brushless. Hell Some people have broke them on even the stock Brushed system.
"Inexperienced User"
stevenator128 - 1.24.15, 9:13 pm Post #2529: | Reply With Quote
I've run the stock ECX driveshafts on 3S with a 3674 motor and original Ruckus tires. If you set up your slipper clutch properly they aren't as bad as everyone says.
Lore said
Personally, I firmly believe that 1/8 is the scale God himself intended rc's to be, and I am an atheist.
"Experienced user"
wah0682 - 1.24.15, 9:26 pm Post #2530: | Reply With Quote
I found a YouTube video a while back showing how to set your slipper clutch. He held the tires and gave it full throttle and loosened the slipper until it started slipping and then tightened up a little after that. I did the same to mine and have never had a problem with my drive shafts. Make sure you do this on a fully charged battery and punch is at its max. I also turned down the punch on esc after.
(Last edited by wah0682 : 1.24.15 at 10:55 pm)
ECX Circuit 2WD
Traxxas Spirit