Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Sign in:
"Experienced user"
St. George - 6.21.17, 11:01 am Post #1: | Reply With Quote
I noticed quite a bit of slop in my LCG Slash 2wd's steering. I assumed that the plastic bushings in the stock bellcrank were getting worn out. So, I ordered this alloy bellcrank from Atomik:

After installing it, I assumed that the slop would be reduced because of the ball bearings replacing the bushings and the fact that alloy is stiffer than plastic. Unfortunately, the exact same slop problem remains. It has nothing to do with the part from Atomik however. The lower plate on the LCG Slash has two rods that locate the bellcrank. On the upper plate, there are two circular indentions that are supposed to "catch" and positively locate the rods coming up from the lower plate. On my truck, the rods don't seem to be long enough to fit snugly into the upper plate. The result is that the top of both bellcranks are loose and move around causing slop.

I have tightened all the screws that keep upper and lower deck of the chassis together. The truck still drives fine but this issue is annoying, especially since I got the new bellcrank! Anyone else have this issue? I'd like to fix it if I can.

(Last edited by St. George : 6.21.17 at 11:13 am)
"Experienced user"
St. George - 6.21.17, 12:52 pm Post #2: | Reply With Quote
Nevermind. I solved the problem by sliding some old Traxxas hinge pins down the tubes in the lower LCG plate. The button tops of the pins fit nicely into the indentations in the upper LCG plate. The slop is gone! It probably would have taken care of the slop even with the plastic bellcrank.

"Experienced user"
tsair - 6.21.17, 3:25 pm Post #3: | Reply With Quote
Are you missing these parts?

TRA2557
TRA2746

There should be some cap head screws in the posts holding the bearings and bellcranks down.
razorrcblog.blogspot.com
youtube.com/c/RazorRC
"Experienced user"
St. George - 6.21.17, 5:33 pm Post #4: | Reply With Quote
tsair said
Are you missing these parts?

TRA2557
TRA2746

There should be some cap head screws in the posts holding the bearings and bellcranks down.
You're right. I didn't remember how Traxxas did that till I saw your post. I used basically the same solution though with a different kind of screw. Do you know whether the screws you linked to are 3m? I tried some 3m screws before I used the hinge pins and they would not go through the tube. Maybe they screw in? I didn't even try that.

Thanks for the information!
"Experienced user"
tsair - 6.21.17, 6:28 pm Post #5: | Reply With Quote
I just got those part numbers off the Slash 2WD exploded parts diagram, so they should be the correct part numbers.
razorrcblog.blogspot.com
youtube.com/c/RazorRC