Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Sign in:
"Experienced user"
Briansshop - 9.14.16, 3:00 pm Post #31: | Reply With Quote
When I posted on the first page I had a Chuckworks and now have an Anza. Love it. Tough, well made and beautiful!
(Last edited by Briansshop : 9.14.16 at 5:50 pm)
Tekno SCT410,EB 48.3,ET 48.3
"Experienced user"
kenmtb - 9.14.16, 3:21 pm Post #32: | Reply With Quote
Ill have to check them out because the Dynamite and STRC kits seem to be discontinued :c(
"Regular user"
patchit - 5.02.17, 9:06 pm Post #33: | Reply With Quote
Anybody still active on here? I loved reading the thread and would love some feedback on some questions
"Experienced user"
kenmtb - 7.08.17, 6:53 am Post #34: | Reply With Quote
What questions?
"Regular user"
onedoesnotrc - 7.08.17, 8:13 am Post #35: | Reply With Quote
The strc chassis will probably come handy if your are racing
For bashing duties the LCG chassis from Traxxas IMO will do fine
I'm just a guy who likes all kinds of RC vehicles
"Experienced user"
MaX-D - 7.08.17, 6:26 pm Post #36: | Reply With Quote
I race mod with the Traxxas LCG chassis and do very well. It's more tire choice and suspension tuning. I use a hi-flow body with all the air holes cut out to eliminate the parachute effect as well. The purpose of the LCG chassis is to just get the truck lower to the ground to prevent traction rolling and roll overs. I drive on a medium bite clay track. The truck is awesome. I can turn laps just as fast as I can with my TLR 22SCT 2.0. The Slash is more fun to drive. Much more predictable and the rear end is more planted. The TLR can get a little squirrelly because it's lighter in weight. A super light truck outside isn't always better or faster.

I also bash with my Slash. It's just so much fun to drive. I drive it like I stole it. But I don't go plowing into stationary objects though. For the money, you can't beat the Traxxas LCG. It's 90% driver, 10% car. If you're a good driver, it doesn't matter what chassis you have. I'm not knocking the Anza, or STRC, or any others. I'm just making a point that a more expensive aluminum chassis isn't going to make you go faster.

Practice makes better. Learn to drive. That will make you faster.
(Last edited by MaX-D : 7.08.17 at 6:32 pm)
Maximum Destruction
VIKINGS fan
GO BIG or GO HOME!!!
"Experienced user"
kenmtb - 7.08.17, 7:30 pm Post #37: | Reply With Quote
Unlike the dainty little kitten paw AE and Losi products, an LCG Slash can handle real power!
"Experienced user"
MaX-D - 7.09.17, 6:46 am Post #38: | Reply With Quote
kenmtb said
Unlike the dainty little kitten paw AE and Losi products, an LCG Slash can handle real power!
Yes it can. I can attest to that.
Maximum Destruction
VIKINGS fan
GO BIG or GO HOME!!!
"carpet killer"
rag6 - 7.10.17, 2:43 pm Post #39: | Reply With Quote
I have/had the chuck works mid engine chassis and trx lcg. Chuckworks was Much better on a tight carpet track than the trx lcg. On a bigger outdoor track the trx was a little better with the motor out back They both were super durable bashing. If your just bashing or run a big loose surface track get the trx. Tight high traction track? the cw mid motor will turn much better....
HERE WE GO STEELERS !!!!!
"Regular user"
JimmyStevens - 7.14.17, 5:36 am Post #40: | Reply With Quote
rag6,
what is the difference in wheel base between the two?