Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Sign in:
"New user"
lukeman269 - 5.05.17, 4:30 pm Post #1: | Reply With Quote
I'm thinking about buying a slash 4x4 but how tough is it out of the box?

What critical parts are a MUST to prevent things from breaking?

I plan to use it for short course racing and using it for backyard jumps.

Is there a certain edition that is worth buying over another? There seems to be like 4 different slash trucks to pick from.
"Experienced user"
Jim85IROC - 7.12.17, 3:39 pm Post #2: | Reply With Quote
The only weak part in my opinion is the plastic drive shafts. For 2s, upgrading the rears to something stronger is mandatory. For 3s, upgrade the fronts too. Everything else is reliable. Some things will break here or there, but the driveshafts are really the only thing guaranteed to break.
"Experienced user"
nickandluke - 7.12.17, 3:47 pm Post #3: | Reply With Quote
Just get a real 1/8. Like a arrma. Its more money but way better. Racing and backyard dont mix. I recommend a losi or AE if real competitive at your track.but if you are just messing around racing. The slash is great with other slashes
"Experienced user"
Billy Kelly - 7.12.17, 5:39 pm Post #4: | Reply With Quote
Post is from 2 months ago. He's long gone by now.
"Experienced user"
thegrafxguy - 7.12.17, 6:11 pm Post #5: | Reply With Quote
It at least looks like JANG is doing his job again though, I've see a bunch of new guys posting and getting approved in a week.
Arrma Talion - ACE Ripper 2000kv, HW Quicrun 150a, Brushless 25kg servo

Sakura D4 AWD - Tacon 3930kv, HW EZRun 60a, Blue Bird Servo

Spektrum DX4S
"Regular user"
onedoesnotrc - 7.12.17, 7:44 pm Post #6: | Reply With Quote
Billy Kelly said
Post is from 2 months ago. He's long gone by now.
My posts and threads didn't get approved right away, but i still came back and check regularly. Dunno if I'm the only one…lol
I'm just a guy who likes all kinds of RC vehicles
"Experienced user"
Billy Kelly - 7.12.17, 8:05 pm Post #7: | Reply With Quote
onedoesnotrc said
My posts and threads didn't get approved right away, but i still came back and check regularly. Dunno if I'm the only one…lol
Most don't. There have been a number of delayed first post that have shown up over past few weeks. And the original poster hasn't responded in them.

Besides there are 1000s of " is the Slash good " threads available with a google search. Considering how long the Slash has been around, every possible pro and con has been well documented