Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Sign in:
"Experienced user"
angus - 12.04.12, 10:30 am Post #11: | Reply With Quote
moshiman said
Your driveshafts will turn to butter with that much power. Pick up some teknos or mips at least for the rear.
I have run those wheels, they will break on one run, especially with that power.

I have the HPI scream in my MT and it is smooth and powerful (much smoother IMO than castle) - But yes you will need some axles, get the teknos or XO-1 axles (if you want to stick with XO-1 axles and plastic carriers, use four front XO-1 axles and Tekno plastic carriers, you'll need four 6x12 bearings and two 10x15 bearings)
"Experienced user"
SYRC - 12.04.12, 11:39 am Post #12: | Reply With Quote
really?? do you have a part number?
"Experienced user"
angus - 12.04.12, 11:48 am Post #13: | Reply With Quote
SYRC said
really?? do you have a part number?
Actually yes, I do.

Steering blocks TKR6837

Rear carriers TKR1952T15 (1.5 deg.)

If you have XO-1 shafts already you'll need the front outer stubs to replace your rears - 6454

Bearings you'll need 6x12x4mm (4) and 10x15x4mm (2)

Tekno used the same stub in front and rear (probably to save $$) but it also gets you a 10x15 rear bearing which is good.
"Experienced user"
mrwesson - 12.04.12, 12:23 pm Post #14: | Reply With Quote
People actually have success running a center diff with alot of power.

You just have to make sure the diff is filled with thick fluid and you will hear people talk about it shipping with 100k and while it does say that in my experience they ship empty.

And i know traxxas says 2s batteries only but people including myself have had good luck if not better than the slipper with 3s.

120,000 oil and it acts similar to the slipper but with more control. If you want to run 4s and dont want to upgrade driveshafts for $60 a set I would recommend a center diff with aluminum housing.

Just remember thick oil or the front tires will ballon like crazy(zero problems with this w/120k).
"Experienced user"
SYRC - 12.04.12, 12:47 pm Post #15: | Reply With Quote
what would you say is the cheapest way to do it?
"Experienced user"
angus - 12.04.12, 1:07 pm Post #16: | Reply With Quote
SYRC said
what would you say is the cheapest way to do it?
Cheapest way to do what?
"Experienced user"
angus - 12.04.12, 1:12 pm Post #17: | Reply With Quote
mrwesson said
People actually have success running a center diff with alot of power.

You just have to make sure the diff is filled with thick fluid and you will hear people talk about it shipping with 100k and while it does say that in my experience they ship empty.

And i know traxxas says 2s batteries only but people including myself have had good luck if not better than the slipper with 3s.

120,000 oil and it acts similar to the slipper but with more control. If you want to run 4s and dont want to upgrade driveshafts for $60 a set I would recommend a center diff with aluminum housing.

Just remember thick oil or the front tires will ballon like crazy(zero problems with this w/120k).
Yes, the FLM aluminum center diff housing is good.

I have a center diff in my Slash MT and am currently running Ofna diff lock in it after trying 120K, then 500K traxxas and then 300K Kyosho (For whatever reason it is thicker than traxxas 500K)

It now acts like a slipper although after some abuse the fluid thins out and gets weak, if you let it sit it'll come back.

With the Ofna diff lock in the center diff I can wheelie on 2s and even backflip on 3s until the fluid heats up.

I would love a more consistent solution tothe center diff, like one with clutches or a spring maybe?

When filling the center diff, getting all the air out is crucial, you can never get it all out and I have thought about some sort of bleeder...
"Jack of all things R/C"
Bhilly83 - 12.04.12, 3:25 pm Post #18: | Reply With Quote
Don't do the xo-1 axles. the teknos work great and handle all the power you can throw at them. Plu they will take care of you if you do break one. but if you want xo-1 type axles traxxas has them made for the slash so you don't need the hubs from the xo-1.
Rear
http://buy.traxxas.com/product_info....ducts_id=10089
front
http://buy.traxxas.com/product_info....oducts_id=9259
"Experienced user"
angus - 12.04.12, 7:22 pm Post #19: | Reply With Quote
Bhilly83 said
Don't do the xo-1 axles. the teknos work great and handle all the power you can throw at them. Plu they will take care of you if you do break one. but if you want xo-1 type axles traxxas has them made for the slash so you don't need the hubs from the xo-1.
Rear
http://buy.traxxas.com/product_info....ducts_id=10089
front
http://buy.traxxas.com/product_info....oducts_id=9259
Problem with those is (A) they are more expensive than XO-1's (now if you factor in the XO-1 hubs then yeah it's expensive but you can use the tekno hubs = cheap)

And (B) they are only 5mm axles so back to breaking and bending - doesn't really fix anything...

I can break ANY part you give me, I have had the best luck with Teknos and XO-1's - YES, I have broken them too but not much.
"Experienced user"
SYRC - 12.06.12, 9:30 am Post #20: | Reply With Quote
so part number for then tekons? any thing else chaps?