Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Sign in:
"Experienced user"
uberDoward - 1.16.13, 6:13 am Post #41: | Reply With Quote
trashyrich said
uber,
I hear what you are saying.
I appreciate your wisdom with your findings.
I guess I got lost somewhere with how that goes with the Atomik parts.

Have you run them?
Or are you telling us what breaks and why and how?
Because that stuff is all over this place.

Not to sound rude, but I want to know about the Atomik brand.
No experience with Atomik parts, was merely commenting on the aluminum vs plastic debate, and trying to shed some light on how not all aluminum is the same, therefore not all aluminum parts are the same.
"Did I make the A Main?"
BillDeLong - 1.16.13, 6:19 am Post #42: | Reply With Quote
rcpython59 said
I had a friend who is a computer geek and he says 2.4 ghz radios are killing wifi.
I have personally experienced this problem with my home network. I used to play VRC, but it requires me to turn on my Tx as it is hooked up to my PC via the DSC port. Anyway, the 2.4Ghz band is shared with my WiFi network and causes my LAN to crash

Because of this, I rarely play VRC anymore so it doesn't interfere with streaming Netflix etc throughout the house, can't interfere my wife's Housewive's shows...LOL
eTruggy + eBuggy + 4WD Mod SC + 4WD Mod ST + 2WD Mod ST + 4WD 13.5T Buggy + 2WD 17.5T Buggy + Spec Slash
"Experienced user"
trashyrich - 1.16.13, 11:39 am Post #43: | Reply With Quote
uberDoward said
No experience with Atomik parts, was merely commenting on the aluminum vs plastic debate, and trying to shed some light on how not all aluminum is the same, therefore not all aluminum parts are the same.
I really appreciated the info you posted. I am just curious about the parts and if they are going to last at all.
It is nice to be important, but it is more important to be nice.
"Obstacle Magnet"
DrJVogel - 1.16.13, 11:47 am Post #44: | Reply With Quote
rcpython59 said
I had a friend who is a computer geek and he says 2.4 ghz radios are killing wifi, but now I know what's happening. Trees don't jump, google pushes the cars.
More likely, Google has hired the trees as mercenaries.
RC addict and loving it
somewhere near Grass Valley, CA --- let's bash
"Experienced user"
rcpython59 - 1.16.13, 7:04 pm Post #45: | Reply With Quote
*crashes*

Get off your wifi!
ugh,im sorry for what happenned to my account guys....
"Experienced user"
Daryldye - 1.17.13, 3:19 am Post #46: | Reply With Quote
Thank you guys I have just sat back and absorbed the info, My slash is my first RC since my RC 10L.....yes that is a 20 year difference. Life got in the way.

I really wish now that each company would list how the aluminum parts were made.

I have noticed that mailboxes are still the attacking beast the used to be.
Slash 2WD, Dynamite Tazer 4KV motor and esc, protrac suspension, power stroke shocks Front and Back, RPM Front and back bumpers, Velcro battery strap, ONYX 2S 5K MAH 35C Battery, RPM Front Castor, Traxxas Aluminum Front bearing carriers.
"Experienced user"
scottd1975 - 1.17.13, 4:56 am Post #47: | Reply With Quote
A guy at work has atomik suspension upgrades we went bashing for a bout he had no issues at all
"Experienced user"
n_d_fox - 1.17.13, 9:34 am Post #48: | Reply With Quote
Looking at the Atomik site, specificall the castors it says this in the description "Made from Hardened Billet Machined 6061 Aluminum. Designed and Manufactured by Atomik RC."

I think the jey words there are hardened and 6061 aluminum which are the same as STRC and Anza parts. They also appear to be anodized, looking at the colours and finishes.

They seem fairly new to the scene so not many people have used them, maybe be the pioneer of Atomik parts
"Obstacle Magnet"
DrJVogel - 1.17.13, 10:21 am Post #49: | Reply With Quote
Now here you go bringing irrefutable logic into the discussion n_d_fox. Why'd you wanna do somethin' like that for?
RC addict and loving it
somewhere near Grass Valley, CA --- let's bash
"きりと"
hazardouschurch - 1.17.13, 10:24 am Post #50: | Reply With Quote
They are not new they have been around a while atomik=venom remember.
CARNAGE