Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Sign in:
"Experienced user"
rcpython59 - 1.17.13, 12:36 pm Post #51: | Reply With Quote
Venom was in electronics, they could realistically be keeping costs low while they are new in mechanical parts.
ugh,im sorry for what happenned to my account guys....
"きりと"
hazardouschurch - 1.17.13, 4:57 pm Post #52: | Reply With Quote
They also had a mechanical parts line and a range of cars motorcycles...etc
CARNAGE
"Did I make the A Main?"
BillDeLong - 1.17.13, 5:13 pm Post #53: | Reply With Quote
hazardouschurch said
They also had a mechanical parts line and a range of cars motorcycles...etc
Based on their current website layout:
http://www.venom-group.com/

it appears that Venom is only selling batteries and chargers (as previously stated) however they make no attempt to hide the fact that Atomik (linked on the Venom home page:
http://www.atomik-rc.com/

has become a completely different division which is focused primarily on vehicles

A lot of Venom products have been rebranded to Atomik, first one I spotted is their 2.4Ghz radio which appears to be a clone of the Fly Sky FS-GT2:
http://www.atomik-rc.com/VR2T-2-4Ghz...category=76756

I used to joke how it was very difficult to find a single product from Venom that wasn't an original design, I was truly hoping that Atomik would become unique but that clearly didn't happen.... same old pig with a fresh coat of lipstick

Chances are any of the aluminum parts sold by Atomik are more than likely rebranded from some other manufacturer... take your pick, I can only guess.
(Last edited by BillDeLong : 1.17.13 at 5:23 pm)
eTruggy + eBuggy + 4WD Mod SC + 4WD Mod ST + 2WD Mod ST + 4WD 13.5T Buggy + 2WD 17.5T Buggy + Spec Slash
"Experienced user"
rcpython59 - 1.17.13, 6:19 pm Post #54: | Reply With Quote
They cloned an off brand?
ugh,im sorry for what happenned to my account guys....
"Experienced user"
Daryldye - 1.20.13, 5:54 pm Post #55: | Reply With Quote
I ordered the Anodized Orange Front Casters for $9.99, it has got to be better than stock,will let you everyone know how they work out
Slash 2WD, Dynamite Tazer 4KV motor and esc, protrac suspension, power stroke shocks Front and Back, RPM Front and back bumpers, Velcro battery strap, ONYX 2S 5K MAH 35C Battery, RPM Front Castor, Traxxas Aluminum Front bearing carriers.
"Obstacle Magnet"
DrJVogel - 1.20.13, 7:05 pm Post #56: | Reply With Quote
I agree Daryldye. For castor blocks, anything aluminum has gotta be way, way better than stock or RPM --- except of course Integy aluminum. Yeeeesh!
RC addict and loving it
somewhere near Grass Valley, CA --- let's bash
"Experienced user"
uberDoward - 1.21.13, 9:22 pm Post #57: | Reply With Quote
Tell you what. I'll order a set of the castor blocks tomorrow, set up the camera and my press, and I'll tell you if they are billet or cast
"Experienced user"
n_d_fox - 1.22.13, 3:01 am Post #58: | Reply With Quote
DrJVogel said
Now here you go bringing irrefutable logic into the discussion n_d_fox. Why'd you wanna do somethin' like that for?
I do apologies

Carry on !
"Experienced user"
Nooby - 2.25.13, 6:10 pm Post #59: | Reply With Quote
maybe some updates on the parts?
Slash 2wd + toro 4-pole motor
Stock old traxxas rustler
Exceed dynamite A.K.A hsp brontosaurus A.K.A uhg.. *never mind*
Young rc'er
"Experienced user"
jhue73 - 2.25.13, 6:55 pm Post #60: | Reply With Quote
uberDoward said
Tell you what. I'll order a set of the castor blocks tomorrow, set up the camera and my press, and I'll tell you if they are billet or cast

pretty sure they are machined from forged aluminum not cast. i have been running venom's casters for a long time now and they have been good. if they were machined from cast i would have for sure broke them by now. i have kart wheeled and barrel rolled my 9 pound slash doing 50 mph.