Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Sign in:
"Experienced user"
xGALEBIRDx - 5.22.13, 11:34 am Post #11: | Reply With Quote
that's true too, but a 540 motor most of the time in an all or nothing situation wont be able to cut it even with fans, you should have gotten a 550 motor instead lol
"Experienced user"
Boodaggy - 5.22.13, 11:46 am Post #12: | Reply With Quote
So i should probably just sell this combo and get a castle mmm system?
"Experienced user"
xGALEBIRDx - 5.22.13, 12:29 pm Post #13: | Reply With Quote
that would be a good upgrade, especially for how hard it sounds like its being run. personally I have a tekin sc4x 6.5 turn and it works well. they just released the pro 4 hd that's basicly the same thing but its 4 pole v.s. 2 pole.
"Experienced user"
Boodaggy - 5.22.13, 2:24 pm Post #14: | Reply With Quote
Im going to go try the 17t pinion, but my hopes aren't high, ill post back later and maybe get some motor esc combo suggestions

Thanks
"Experienced user"
Boodaggy - 5.22.13, 2:43 pm Post #15: | Reply With Quote
um yeah that got hot pretty quick lol, but I didn't let it overheat. So Im in the market for a new motor/esc combo, how does the tekin sc4x 6.5 compare to the castle mmm systems? I really don't want to buy another motor/esc combo after this next purchase so should I just go ahead with the mmm combo?
"Experienced user"
xGALEBIRDx - 5.23.13, 1:48 pm Post #16: | Reply With Quote
I would say its a comparable motor, you can run it with the speed control you have and I haven't ever overheated it, even without the castle shroud fan it got warm but never too hot. the mmm is 2400 kv and I belive the 6.5 is about 3000 or so kv
"Experienced user"
Boodaggy - 5.23.13, 3:21 pm Post #17: | Reply With Quote
so many motor choices! really would like more opinions, that tekin sc4x 6.5 turn looks good though
"Experienced user"
xGALEBIRDx - 5.23.13, 5:27 pm Post #18: | Reply With Quote
novak ballistic is a good 550 option aswell
"Experienced user"
Boodaggy - 5.23.13, 6:36 pm Post #19: | Reply With Quote
what do you think about a Reedy 2000kV motor and Team Associated SC1300-BL ESC ?

Also, I am very new to electric, and would like to thank all of you for your input and patience!
"Experienced user"
xGALEBIRDx - 5.24.13, 8:27 am Post #20: | Reply With Quote
if you want a reedy motor, try out something like the sonic 550 motors lol plenty fast, and stay plenty cool.