Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Sign in:
"Did I make the A Main?"
BillDeLong - 1.07.16, 8:15 pm Post #11: | Reply With Quote
sweet deal!

I'd be willing to bet that you'll need a vastly different suspension setup between the 2 classes. We've been exploring an option to bring Spec Slash to our on-road track too, and I've recently ordered some spacers from McMaster to experiment with custom droop settings and try to target a ride height of 9mm on the front and 7mm on the rear. I'll more than likely swap out the shocks and carry a second set of shocks exclusively for each class... while keeping all the other setup options the same.

Good Luck!
eTruggy + eBuggy + 4WD Mod SC + 4WD Mod ST + 2WD Mod ST + 4WD 13.5T Buggy + 2WD 17.5T Buggy + Spec Slash
"Experienced user"
Abomb - 1.07.16, 8:49 pm Post #12: | Reply With Quote
I set up both trucks with 40 in the front, 50 in the rear. Camber and ride height from Slayden's set up sheet, although I may need to adjust the rear camber a little bit...our off road track gets rough and rutted. Inner holes in front, second from inner in the rear. I'm hoping I can move the lower shock positions on the front left, and both right sides all the way out and tune traction with spring spacers for the oval...I hope...
"Did I make the A Main?"
BillDeLong - 1.17.16, 8:53 am Post #13: | Reply With Quote
I had a really fun day of racing yesterday, we actually had enough drivers show up for a B Main for a regular club race, this class is really starting to take off! It was a pleasure to race with some of the best drivers in the area too, but I kind of had an unfair advantage with having more track time plus there was a major pile up of cars about 1/4 of the way into the first lap in the main which gave me a HUGE 8 second lead on the first lap as most of the drivers were fighting for position.

I've updated the OP with my most current setup too:
2015 Setup Sheet - Bill DeLong

eTruggy + eBuggy + 4WD Mod SC + 4WD Mod ST + 2WD Mod ST + 4WD 13.5T Buggy + 2WD 17.5T Buggy + Spec Slash
"Certified Music Junkie"
JesterTheJoker - 1.17.16, 9:09 am Post #14: | Reply With Quote
this is likely my favorite thread on the forums ^_^ keep doing what youre doing bill, its working! I am currently working on a few club racers myself, one of which is a slash for stock class sct, a nitro stampede for 1/10th mt (or run what you brung, which ever is more fun XD), a rs4 for stock tc, and a rusty for 1/10th st. None are done of course XD but either way keep up the work!
also for the hell of it heres my slash 2wd setup:
associated 50wt oil all around
integy blue springs all around
no camber in the front
1 degree in the rear
outer shock hole in the front
middle in the rear.
Thats all on street fighters, which i can drive really good on dirt for some reason. They are sticky as heck though, i blame that XD
Okay im rambling now, bye!
"My garden is life itself, in the sense that every aspect of it should be taken care of and tended to as you would a rose, trimming off dead leaves and excess, being left with raw beauty, and perfection in my own mind. " - Jester
"Did I make the A Main?"
BillDeLong - 1.17.16, 9:12 am Post #15: | Reply With Quote
Cool deal man... please post some links here if you start any new threads!
"Certified Music Junkie"
JesterTheJoker - 1.17.16, 9:19 am Post #16: | Reply With Quote
BillDeLong said
Cool deal man... please post some links here if you start any new threads!
will do bill! right now im fighting with my i pad trying to get picture off it XD ill try and dig up the thread on my slash and post it up here!
"My garden is life itself, in the sense that every aspect of it should be taken care of and tended to as you would a rose, trimming off dead leaves and excess, being left with raw beauty, and perfection in my own mind. " - Jester
"Certified Music Junkie"
JesterTheJoker - 1.17.16, 9:21 am Post #17: | Reply With Quote
heres my slash thread: http://www.ultimaterc.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=229692
"Experienced user"
Abomb - 1.23.16, 9:34 pm Post #18: | Reply With Quote
Our 2016 off road track layout...My set up posted above seems to work pretty well (not in the video, though) I think I can get around as fast with my stock truck as with my mod. truck. Of course, that'll change when we add water...We went from the offroad track straight to the oval today, which had some moisture from a recent snow, and the stock trucks went around that one just fine too...though some preload changes would definately help.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBVveQG0qOE
(Last edited by Abomb : 1.23.16 at 9:40 pm)
"Did I make the A Main?"
BillDeLong - 1.24.16, 10:59 am Post #19: | Reply With Quote
LOL... I stopped running my 4WD Mod SC the day my Spec Slash turned a better race... yeah my 4WD Mod truck turned a faster fast lap, but it just wasn't nearly as consistent as my Slash so I figured I would hone in on my 2WD skills for indoor racing and save my 4WD skills for the larger outdoor tracks
"Did I make the A Main?"
BillDeLong - 1.29.16, 1:49 pm Post #20: | Reply With Quote
I finally got around to painting a new body to match my racing colors...