Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Sign in:
"Did I make the A Main?"
BillDeLong - 1.31.16, 1:14 pm Post #21: | Reply With Quote
Added a custom aluminum angle mounting brace to bolt an "ESS ONE+" to my Slash chassis:

eTruggy + eBuggy + 4WD Mod SC + 4WD Mod ST + 2WD Mod ST + 4WD 13.5T Buggy + 2WD 17.5T Buggy + Spec Slash
"Did I make the A Main?"
BillDeLong - 2.14.16, 12:14 pm Post #22: | Reply With Quote
I had an interesting day of racing yesterday, I was running into traction roll issues all day, and decided to pull the speaker out of the car after the second qualifier.... now that temps have gone up, the track is a lot stickier than what I've been accustomed to, so I finally rinsed my tires with some Simple Green for the main and was able to turn my all time fastest lap with a 17.0... a couple more fast drivers joined the class and it was an honor to chase down Leon because he's a far more skilled driver than me, but I feel confident that I can do better in a clean race, there was a bit too much h@cking last night, and to be fair, Leon was hacked too, I know we can both turn 27 laps because I've already done that as shown from the previous race day before... this is definitely my favorite class!

eTruggy + eBuggy + 4WD Mod SC + 4WD Mod ST + 2WD Mod ST + 4WD 13.5T Buggy + 2WD 17.5T Buggy + Spec Slash
"Certified Music Junkie"
JesterTheJoker - 2.14.16, 2:00 pm Post #23: | Reply With Quote
well my slash is decomissioned. ripped the rear arm right out of the trans case. now looks like im buying bill's slash spares. Ya aluminum trans case isnt good for racing, but i am dangerously close to the minimum weight with my slash so ill take a bit more weight, and funny enough i need it on the rear, rig gets a bit tail happy at times with a shorty pack. oh bill on the matter, got a TRX aluminum camber link wrench you could thow in, lost mine. XD
"My garden is life itself, in the sense that every aspect of it should be taken care of and tended to as you would a rose, trimming off dead leaves and excess, being left with raw beauty, and perfection in my own mind. " - Jester
"In the mirror you'll see a dog"
Rodarbal - 2.14.16, 8:10 pm Post #24: | Reply With Quote
Had a blast last night in Slash! Had a couple good quals, but couldn't keep it together for the main. Lucas ran into some issues with his Slash, definitely lacking speed down the straight. I'll have to go through his truck to see if the ESC wasn't calibrated or something. In previous weekends, he had no issues with the table top (even with a full size pack), but in the main yesterday there was definitely something wrong. He knew it, so he pulled off. Looking forward to the next round of Slash Crash Bash Heck and Dash!

EDIT: Seriously? We can't use the word -[DISALLOWED -- edit your post]--[DISALLOWED -- edit your post]--[DISALLOWED -- edit your post]--[DISALLOWED -- edit your post]-? As in H A C K?
(Last edited by Rodarbal : 2.14.16 at 8:13 pm)
RJ Labrador
On Road: Tamiya & XRay
Off Road 1/10: Losi & XRay
Off Road 1/8: Mugen
"Did I make the A Main?"
BillDeLong - 2.15.16, 1:28 pm Post #25: | Reply With Quote
@JTJ, sorry to hear your case ripped open like that, wish I could use it but our local class rules are pretty strict, it was pulled from a trade on a roller deal with another URC member, there's a few scuffs here and there but looks in pretty good shape from a distance, huge bargain with all the extras thrown into the deal

Not sure if I have any spare wrenches to throw in but I'll look around before I pack it up tonight.

@RJ, you did great this weekend with a qual spot in #3, good job!

I think there are quite a few words causing random glitches on the app server for the forums, so JANG has disabled those words to prevent loss of data. I know he had planned to upgrade the software over a year ago, but it seems to be a low priority these days, kinda like several of my projects that have been sitting on the shelf for far too long, ha!
"Experienced user"
MBailey1977 - 2.15.16, 2:38 pm Post #26: | Reply With Quote
I'm jealous of you guys being able to race. Gets kinda lonely bashing alone. I was wondering what kind of laps would you guys be able to turn if you could run the lcg chassis? Do you think if traxxas started selling a lcg with base electronics could you run it?
Outcast, DMT VE-R, Bushmaster, Talion, Yeti kit, 801xt brushless, Terremoto 8 and 10, 835e, Exo Terra, Slash 4x4 monster truck, Slash 2wd lcg, SC10B, SC10 4x4, Stampede 4x4, Savage XS, Slash lcg 4x4, MERV, Ultima DB, Rustler, Vendetta SC, Mini Trophy Truck, Prolite, Drift King, mini DT
"Did I make the A Main?"
BillDeLong - 2.15.16, 4:06 pm Post #27: | Reply With Quote
Honestly, I don't think the LCG chassis would be THAT much faster, my guess is probably a couple tenths of a second per lap at most, I'm already hitting the corners pretty hard as it is and turning lap times faster than most of the B-Main drivers in stock buggy, where that class has a faster motor, lighter car, better tires and LCG with a rear wing, here's the B-Main results to see what I'm talking about:

vs same race day same track conditions:

So no, I don't think we'd switch over to the LCG chassis unless Traxxas decides to discontinue selling the original release. There is a charm about running a grossly disadvantaged chassis, I didn't appreciate it when the class was open to more competitive designs, but have grown to love this class as my favorite since everyone shares the same disadvantage, arguably far more closer racing than you can get in Stock Buggy

Fast Lap for Spec Slash ranges from 17.0 to 20.0 = 3.0 sec variance
Fast Lap for Stock Buggy ranges from 14.9 to 18.5 = 3.6 sec variance

*** both of these lowest fast lap times were turned by the same driver = me this also helps give perspective on how much faster Stock Buggy is compared to Spec Slash on an indoor high traction track

Here's the A Main results for Stock Buggy, we started out with a B Main for Slash but lost a few drivers by the end of the day and filled everyone into a single A Main for Slash

(Last edited by BillDeLong : 2.15.16 at 4:12 pm)
"Experienced user"
MBailey1977 - 2.15.16, 5:45 pm Post #28: | Reply With Quote
That's not as much of a difference than I would've thought! I've never really tried to fine tune a slash but it felt like mine made a huge difference going from the hcg to the lcg. Ran more like my sc10. I do feel like the fun factor went down though driving the truck.
Outcast, DMT VE-R, Bushmaster, Talion, Yeti kit, 801xt brushless, Terremoto 8 and 10, 835e, Exo Terra, Slash 4x4 monster truck, Slash 2wd lcg, SC10B, SC10 4x4, Stampede 4x4, Savage XS, Slash lcg 4x4, MERV, Ultima DB, Rustler, Vendetta SC, Mini Trophy Truck, Prolite, Drift King, mini DT
"Precision Basher"
fyrstormer - 2.16.16, 8:35 pm Post #29: | Reply With Quote
When you say they don't allow any performance-enhancing modifications, does that mean you can't tune the suspension and balance the chassis?
Check out "Fyrstormer's Garage" in the General RC forum.
"Did I make the A Main?"
BillDeLong - 2.16.16, 9:28 pm Post #30: | Reply With Quote
You can tune with any box stock parts and adjustments as defined in the Traxxas Setup Sheet.

You can't buy any other brand of springs, or other brand of shocks for that matter, the only upgrades allowed are radio, servo and 2S LiPo.

The most significant tuning option I've seen so far is tire sauce selection