Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Sign in:
"Did I make the A Main?"
BillDeLong - 4.03.16, 3:50 pm Post #51: | Reply With Quote
It's been a while since I finally took a win in the Slash Class, the moons aligned for me yesterday in a field of some the best drivers in the area (aka the CORR Crew)

I was just a pinch more consistent and maybe a little lucky too

eTruggy + eBuggy + 4WD Mod SC + 4WD Mod ST + 2WD Mod ST + 4WD 13.5T Buggy + 2WD 17.5T Buggy + Spec Slash
"In the mirror you'll see a dog"
Rodarbal - 4.03.16, 5:53 pm Post #52: | Reply With Quote
I wish I could have stayed around for the Main, Bill. The movie was meh and I had teenagers kicking the back of my chair over the course of three hours. Yes, it was a loooong movie.
RJ Labrador
On Road: Tamiya & XRay
Off Road 1/10: Losi & XRay
Off Road 1/8: Mugen
"Did I make the A Main?"
BillDeLong - 4.03.16, 6:27 pm Post #53: | Reply With Quote
it was a fierce battle and Daniel made some awesome race calling, sure wish you could stay RJ, sorry to hear about the bratty kids behind you!
eTruggy + eBuggy + 4WD Mod SC + 4WD Mod ST + 2WD Mod ST + 4WD 13.5T Buggy + 2WD 17.5T Buggy + Spec Slash
"Experienced user"
MaX-D - 4.03.16, 6:35 pm Post #54: | Reply With Quote
BillDeLong said
It's been a while since I finally took a win in the Slash Class, the moons aligned for me yesterday in a field of some the best drivers in the area (aka the CORR Crew)

I was just a pinch more consistent and maybe a little lucky too

Congratulations on the win! That's so stinking cool that you guys have spec Slash class. I asked my track president about a stock spec Slash class and he just laughed. Said no one would be interested in racing that. So I Asked him about a regular 2wd SCT class and again he said nobody wants to race 2wd anymore. That's it, I'm moving to Texas!
Maximum Destruction
VIKINGS fan
GO BIG or GO HOME!!!
"Did I make the A Main?"
BillDeLong - 4.03.16, 6:38 pm Post #55: | Reply With Quote
MaX-D said
That's it, I'm moving to Texas!
Come on out here man, we've been consistently having B Mains since the beginning of winter, almost getting into a C Main for regular club racing! For indoor high bite, this offers the closest racing we've got
"Experienced user"
MaX-D - 4.03.16, 6:54 pm Post #56: | Reply With Quote
BillDeLong said
Come on out here man, we've been consistently having B Mains since the beginning of winter, almost getting into a C Main for regular club racing! For indoor high bite, this offers the closest racing we've got
DONE! Now I have to convince my wife to move from Fort Lauderdale to Texas because I want to race stock spec Slash class. LOL
Maximum Destruction
VIKINGS fan
GO BIG or GO HOME!!!
"Experienced user"
Tweeter01 - 4.05.16, 7:18 pm Post #57: | Reply With Quote
Racing a slash in a spec class or a open/sct is a special breed. The slash is my first hobby grade rc and I love it regardless of what others think. Eventually I want a 4x4 slash as well as the 2wd that I have now.
"Did I make the A Main?"
BillDeLong - 4.05.16, 8:17 pm Post #58: | Reply With Quote
Tweeter01 said
Racing a slash in a spec class or a open/sct is a special breed. The slash is my first hobby grade rc and I love it regardless of what others think. Eventually I want a 4x4 slash as well as the 2wd that I have now.
Amen to that!

No doubt that driving the Spec Slash has forced me to hone in on my consistency, and significantly helped improve my skills for other classes too... there is very little room for error with the Slash and it's quickly becoming an honor just to make it into the A Main as our local club is coming very close to filling a C Main full of drivers which has already become the norm for Stock Buggy.

Not sure if I already mentioned it in this thread or not, but the track I race at hosted the ROAR Region 9 Championship this past Dec and it was a 4WD Slash that took the win in the 4WD Mod SC class!

I saw a recent posting that Traxxas was gonna buy HPI (probably an April Fools joke) but it sure would be cool to see Traxxas officially grow a dedicated Race Team of drivers!
"Experienced user"
Abomb - 4.21.16, 8:56 am Post #59: | Reply With Quote
The box stock slashes...in off road and oval form. We're doing pretty well so far this year...First (me)and second (my son) in both races at the oval track, and A first and second (me) and second and third (my son) at the off road track. These are really stock, shock oil changes and RPM rear carriers are the only changes...plus some super secret camber adjustment...LOL

"Did I make the A Main?"
BillDeLong - 4.21.16, 10:08 am Post #60: | Reply With Quote
love those bomber bodies!