Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Sign in:
"Slash B4"
ORANGEm0ney - 1.31.16, 6:53 am Post #1: | Reply With Quote
Was the Traxxas X-Maxx get released already or is it in February? I see many videos of them on Youtube.
Slash 4x4 VXL LCG | Associated B4.1 Mamba
"Experienced user"
Billy Kelly - 1.31.16, 7:28 am Post #2: | Reply With Quote
The pre orders were delivered around December 21, that's when I got mine. Seem to be a few stores that have them, from what I read. My hobby store was supposed to get 1 Friday. But now shows next week for delivery.
Hard part is no one knows how many were in the first release. Almost 100 owners in the Facebook group I'm in. Now the other Facebook group has over 500. Can't say how many there own them.
Europe is supposed to get theirs this week, maybe. There's a thread about that. They seemed to have had a ESC issue.
"Experienced user"
Heeelmooi - 2.01.16, 6:23 am Post #3: | Reply With Quote
Mine has just been sent today from my Dutch LHS!
Check out my youtube channel: HeeelMooi

Mad Force VE, Bear Hawk, Wild Willy 2, MT4 G3, Losi 8ight-T 2.0, Vorza, HK Monster Beatle, RC8e, Shoterned D8T, p2de, NC MT 1/16 NC SCT, P4de, Traxxas X-Maxx
"Vacationing user"
jimbo74 - 2.01.16, 7:14 pm Post #4: | Reply With Quote
It has been released in the US.
"Experienced user"
Billy Kelly - 2.02.16, 5:40 am Post #5: | Reply With Quote
We apologize for the delay in product availability and have some additional information to share.

Product: Traxxas X-Maxx Monster Truck Model #77076-4 with #3365 VXL-6s electronic speed control (ESC)

Issue: Traxxas has received three reports of a fire erupting in the VXL-6s electronic speed control.

As soon as Traxxas became aware of the issue, we worked to develop a solution. That solution is a replaceable fusible link. When a speed control demands excess amounts of current, the fusible link will fail, safely disconnecting the supply of power to the speed control.

Traxxas has notified the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) of the issue and the solution, and are waiting for final approval from the CPSC to provide you with the solution. We understand the CPSC approval is imminent and a formal statement will be issued.

We believe that this will be the only modification needed to assure that on rare occasion an electronic speed control fails in this manner, there will be no chance of fire. We will advise when we have CPSC’s formal approval on this matter.

Thank you for your continued patience as we work through this process. Please register

Was linked to this on the Facebook gruop.

https://traxxas.com/forums/showthrea...-X-Maxx-Update
(Last edited by Billy Kelly : 2.02.16 at 5:42 am)
"Experienced user"
90sRCNostalgia - 2.02.16, 8:50 am Post #6: | Reply With Quote
That email is very professional and informative. Much better than some diagram on how to connect batterys etc, implying user error.
"Vacationing user"
jimbo74 - 2.07.16, 10:26 am Post #7: | Reply With Quote
90sRCNostalgia said
That email is very professional and informative. Much better than some diagram on how to connect batterys etc, implying user error.
or they could have just not used a piece of junk esc in a 1/8th scale monster truck.... (which is probably closer to 1/6th scale) but hey, a 2wd stampede and a summit are both 1/10th scale

traxxas has always put in underpowered electronics with their own systems

the only traxxas ESC I will ever run is the XL5 -- that at least is a good esc