Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Sign in:
"Experienced user"
riderinblack - 2.28.17, 9:28 pm Post #31: | Reply With Quote
Next upgrade is probably one of these
(Last edited by riderinblack : 3.09.17 at 7:36 am)
"The predator lives alone, he accepts this reality as the cost for his existence "
"Experienced user"
valium - 3.08.17, 10:48 am Post #32: | Reply With Quote
awesome build man! how did you like that 2700kv black hobbywing motor?
Traxxas Revo (soon to be erevo)
Traxxas XO-1
Traxxas Bandit VXL
Traxxas Slash 4x4 1/16
"Experienced user"
riderinblack - 3.09.17, 5:25 pm Post #33: | Reply With Quote
Short story about that motor, it's about 6 years old, never cleaned it never oiled the bearings. Last year on vacation the shaft side bearing blew up. Not having a replacement I used a regular bearing with the outer edge wrapped in duct tape to make up the size difference. Dirty, wobbling shaft, screaming non high speed bearing, it worked. Ran another 8 packs through it out there with no heat issues. In fact it still working right now duct taped bearing n all.

Now, I'm an animal but not that much of an animal I'm actually looking for the replacement bearing so I can throw it in another build.

That motor was great to me, all those years and not a single issue what so ever.... Except it's an axle snapper
(Last edited by riderinblack : 3.09.17 at 5:38 pm)
"The predator lives alone, he accepts this reality as the cost for his existence "
"Experienced user"
valium - 3.10.17, 10:14 am Post #34: | Reply With Quote
sounds like i'll love it then. i bought an emaxx off a friend and it was in there, i swapped it out for my mamba monster x. now its in a rustler and i'm hoping for some decent speed off it.
Traxxas Revo (soon to be erevo)
Traxxas XO-1
Traxxas Bandit VXL
Traxxas Slash 4x4 1/16
"Experienced user"
riderinblack - 3.14.17, 5:48 pm Post #35: | Reply With Quote
I'm sure you will, BTW I found the bearings for it 5x16x5, like 6 bucks for the pair not too shabby. Same bearings that are in my new leopard.

Finally took my new body out for some much needed roll overs, it looked awesome and the new set up handled great. Still trying to figure out what I'm going to use for a front bumper, the Pede bumper is not cutting it for me.

"Experienced user"
Squeegie - 3.15.17, 8:31 am Post #36: | Reply With Quote
...RPM Rustler front bumper?
TRAXXAS: Slash 4x4 Platinum, Mini E-Revo VXL, E-Maxx 3906 Wide Max
TAMIYA: Porsche 956 RM. Mk. 5, Vanessa's Lunch Box (OG), Sand Scorcher (OG)
"I'm Canadian."
"Experienced user"
riderinblack - 3.15.17, 10:55 am Post #38: | Reply With Quote
I'll look into the rustled front bumper, the Slash rpm bumper is a no go. This body has a short hood and that bumper is so long it's an eye sore.

I can't remember where I saw the rpm skid plate with what looked like a summit front bumper, looked sweet, will have to hunt it down.

Thanks guys
"Experienced user"
riderinblack - 3.17.17, 8:27 am Post #39: | Reply With Quote
Anyone running the Strc bell crank? I keep hearing stories that the metal on metal servo saver gets dirty and won't slide properly stripping gears. Anyone running one ever ran into issues with it?
"Experienced user"
riderinblack - 3.18.17, 6:31 pm Post #40: | Reply With Quote

Upgrade time!