Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Sign in:
"Experienced user"
Cplchilly - 2.04.17, 1:58 am Post #1: | Reply With Quote
Just ordered the brushed 1/16 slash from tower yesterday and was wondering about what everyone uses for tires on it. I mainly bash but i like to go to tracks once in a while and from what ive seen on youtube this this thing rocks on 2s. But the traction seems a little wanting when its on a track. Thanks in advance.
"Experienced user"
KristofferR - 2.04.17, 4:58 am Post #2: | Reply With Quote
I have one and I really like it. While I have not tried any other tires, I do suggest you also consider changing springs to make it suit your track. I think the stock springs are too soft; in particular when running dual 2s packs.
Edgery on Soundcloud
2x Traxxas 1/16 MERV, 2x p4de VXL
"Experienced user"
Squeegie - 2.04.17, 8:53 am Post #3: | Reply With Quote
Congrats on your purchase!
You might get a quicker more direct reply in the Traxxas 1/16th scale sub-forum:

http://www.ultimaterc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=382
TRAXXAS: Slash 4x4 Platinum, Mini E-Revo VXL, E-Maxx 3906 Wide Max
TAMIYA: Porsche 956 RM. Mk. 5, Vanessa's Lunch Box (OG), Sand Scorcher (OG)
"Experienced user"
Cplchilly - 2.04.17, 2:18 pm Post #4: | Reply With Quote
My bad missed that
"Certified Music Junkie"
JesterTheJoker - 2.04.17, 3:21 pm Post #5: | Reply With Quote
Jang reviewed that truck and said the stock tires had too much traction, if anything. But people tend to run touring car tires, me thinks tracking down 24MM rally tires with high sidewalls, havent seen any personally, but that doesnt mean they dont exist.
"My garden is life itself, in the sense that every aspect of it should be taken care of and tended to as you would a rose, trimming off dead leaves and excess, being left with raw beauty, and perfection in my own mind. " - Jester
"Experienced user"
Backyard RC - 2.04.17, 5:15 pm Post #6: | Reply With Quote
Losi mini 8ight Kingpin tires are a little taller than the stock tires but they will be the best offroad track tire. You may have to raise the body for them to clear.

26mm rally car tires work too and are about as tall as the Kingpins.
Tekno SCT 410.3, Arrma Kraton, Traxxas Slash 4x4, Tacon/LC Racing Rally/SCT/MT x3, Losi Mini 8ight, Carisma M10DB, Axial AX10 Deadbolt, Vaterra Ascender '72 Bronco, Thunder Tiger Kaiser XS, Sky RC SR5 Super Rider
"Experienced user"
Cplchilly - 2.04.17, 7:23 pm Post #7: | Reply With Quote
Thanks for the help everyone im keepin it stock awhile but i look forward to some upgrading fun with this one.