Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Sign in:
"Experienced user"
Thumper01 - 3.20.17, 8:19 pm Post #11: | Reply With Quote
My vote is 2wd Slash or 2wd Torment. Durable, easy to find parts for, easy to work on, cheap to own, easy to drive. In brushed stock form, they are darn near indestructible. Oh, and they are a blast to drive, ( IMO of course!)
"Experienced user"
1fox2go - 3.20.17, 8:27 pm Post #12: | Reply With Quote
Backyard RC said
Everybody in this forum knows what I'm going to say on this subject but I'm still going to say it anyways.

I like the Tacon/LC Racing vehicles for what you're describing. It's the obvious choice for a small backyard track and they can be made to handle the rougher terrain also.
Man...great views in that video. Colorado looks awesome!
My Dad tells me:"Boy you could break an anvil with a feather"
MT4 G3 Fanboy, Because...there is no kill switch on awesome
"Experienced user"
Eric1977 - 3.22.17, 1:16 pm Post #13: | Reply With Quote
I would vote stampede 4x4 brushed. It will do well on the jumps, grass, rocks, and brushed is manageable with minimal breakage. When they are ready you could drop in a cheap brushless system and bearings where there are bushings.
"Experienced user"
Backyard RC - 3.22.17, 7:00 pm Post #14: | Reply With Quote
1fox2go said
Man...great views in that video. Colorado looks awesome!
The song "America the beautiful" was created on top of Pikes Peak which is the snow capped mountain in the background. A few people think it's pretty nice around here.
Tekno SCT 410.3, Arrma Kraton, Traxxas Slash 4x4, Tacon/LC Racing Rally/SCT/MT x3, Losi Mini 8ight, Carisma M10DB, Axial AX10 Deadbolt, Vaterra Ascender '72 Bronco, Thunder Tiger Kaiser XS, Sky RC SR5 Super Rider
"Regular user"
rmanTX - Today, 5:42 am Post #15: | Reply With Quote
check out some my threads. I loathe ECX... also based on forums and the bigsquidrc reviews

HOWEVER

Both of my 4x4 trucks (torment and ruckus, which are identical), have held up fine on 2s 4300kv and 3s 3700kv. both ran about 37-43mph and breakages were from cold weather crashes into mailboxes, trees, etc.

3s seems to kill from CVDs, and now my 2650kv 3s truck has killed 2 sets of Hot Racing CVDs within 1-2 pack.

around 4000kv on 2s and a 9t or 11t pinion should be plenty fun and decently reliable. Find a 10% coupon for Horizon Hobby and it comes out to $216 shipped, order a handful of spares (spurs, a lot of body posts, ring and pinion, etc) and have at it!
ECX aluminum shocks and new oil and she should be good for awhile.

The problems really escalate once you try to. chase big power.

If I could do it again I would have started with another platform, only because I am a tinkering, modifying, power-hungry fool.