Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Sign in:
"Experienced user"
Habanero - 7.11.17, 6:48 am Post #41: | Reply With Quote
OK getting down to the wire...

Tent check-
Got the food
Firewood for $8 a bundle what? Might get a medium rare marshmallow out of that sad lot.

My entry- tough as nails this thing. I will run the stock Trepodors when I get to running in water.
(Last edited by Habanero : 7.12.17 at 6:28 am)
"I really don't pay attention to what anyone else says and don't care lol. I do what I like and it keeps me happy. " - Theibault
"Experienced user"
Habanero - 7.12.17, 6:15 am Post #42: | Reply With Quote
These are nice came just in time. Angel eyes they glow green by default and there is a switch for the (very bright) LED's. So he wont be blinded at night. Runs off an old heli lipo- I often do this- contain the lighting system to the body itself so no wires link the chassis and hopefully waterproof too.
(Last edited by Habanero : 7.12.17 at 6:25 am)
"I really don't pay attention to what anyone else says and don't care lol. I do what I like and it keeps me happy. " - Theibault
"Experienced user"
Habanero - 7.16.17, 1:40 pm Post #43: | Reply With Quote
Had fun - realized halfway through an average Joe just entertaining his family need not register IE; pay $110 because (other than we have no chance of winning otherwise) the "swag bag" is a hat and a $10 tower certificate.

The event is mostly focused on the vendors and vendor-sponsored teams but it was a fun play ground to be let loose on. Jeep performed like a boss.

(Last edited by Habanero : 7.16.17 at 1:44 pm)
"Experienced user"
duhjun - 7.17.17, 9:45 am Post #44: | Reply With Quote
Habanero said
Had fun - realized halfway through an average Joe just entertaining his family need not register IE; pay $110 because (other than we have no chance of winning otherwise) the "swag bag" is a hat and a $10 tower certificate.

The event is mostly focused on the vendors and vendor-sponsored teams but it was a fun play ground to be let loose on. Jeep performed like a boss.
Thanks for the honest report. I've never gone, but have half-desired to, just to see it for myself. From videos I've seen, though, and other posts, in recent years, I've questioned whether I'd really enjoy it, because it's really just a past-time, for me, with no extreme involvement. I'm glad they provide events like that, however, because it does help to grow the hobby, and maintain an influx of good aftermarket parts for everyone to enjoy. I've had too much going on this year, but next year I'd at least like to try and make it to a Recon G6 event. I think they have one in Oregon, which wouldn't be too far of a drive.
A.K.A. rcdabbler on other social media platforms, and johnnyluv on rccrawler forums.
"Experienced user"
Habanero - 7.17.17, 10:38 am Post #45: | Reply With Quote
duhjun said
Thanks for the honest report. I've never gone, but have half-desired to, just to see it for myself. From videos I've seen, though, and other posts, in recent years, I've questioned whether I'd really enjoy it, because it's really just a past-time, for me, with no extreme involvement. I'm glad they provide events like that, however, because it does help to grow the hobby, and maintain an influx of good aftermarket parts for everyone to enjoy. I've had too much going on this year, but next year I'd at least like to try and make it to a Recon G6 event. I think they have one in Oregon, which wouldn't be too far of a drive.
The cool thing was meeting up with my regular crawling buddies- and to meet people that actually make and design things like Gearhead wheels- (see above pic at home).

Proline was there, even RC4WD which surprised me LOL because you cant run their trucks there.

My camping neighbors were great and helped me troubleshoot my sons Deadbolt.

Like I said very fun- was worth it and I recommend it but you have to be serious about the schedule or be left out for me focusing on my fam was the priority and crawling was the distraction.
"Experienced user"
Habanero - 7.17.17, 10:47 am Post #46: | Reply With Quote
"Experienced user"
BigBlokBoi - 7.17.17, 3:41 pm Post #47: | Reply With Quote
Yup had fun, a member of our DPC crew won some new vanquish axles with the xr mod. Another member won $250 gift cirtificate.. I had a great time i was there 6 days ran all 10 courses with minimal breakage. It was great to meet Habanero
Team DPC!
"Experienced user"
Habanero - 7.17.17, 5:44 pm Post #48: | Reply With Quote
BigBlokBoi said
Yup had fun, a member of our DPC crew won some new vanquish axles with the xr mod. Another member won $250 gift cirtificate.. I had a great time i was there 6 days ran all 10 courses with minimal breakage. It was great to meet Habanero
Yeah LOL I first met your dog... it likes me even... Ill trade you for a CC-01.

Ok- ok a well maintained- quality dog like that - Traxxas Rally but that's my final offer.

(JK)

What is its name?
"Experienced user"
BigBlokBoi - 7.17.17, 9:25 pm Post #49: | Reply With Quote
Habanero said
Yeah LOL I first met your dog... it likes me even... Ill trade you for a CC-01.

Ok- ok a well maintained- quality dog like that - Traxxas Rally but that's my final offer.

(JK)

What is its name?
Lol Jackie Brown ( she is a Jack Russel)
Team DPC!
"Experienced user"
Habanero - 7.18.17, 7:35 am Post #50: | Reply With Quote
I love that movie! De Niro and Jackson were so good need to watch it again.