Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Not a Member Yet? You're Missing Out!
Sign up in minutes for a free URC Network account and you'll be able to post in over 100+ forum categories, search over a decade of archived topics, exchange private messages with other members, upload pictures to the RC photo galleries, and much more!

Already have an account?
Sign in below!
Sign in:
"New user"
dhewie84 - Yesterday, 5:32 am Post #2371: | Reply With Quote
The actual cost of the parts isn't much. Aluminum will cost about $2 a pound, and the parts would probably be less than 5 minutes machine time each plus setup. The issue is most any shop will have a minimum charge of probably $250 to do anything unless you can find a small place with low overhead that might have a smaller minimum charge. Then if you want the parts anodized, again, you are looking at around $100 minimum if you can find a place willing to even touch small quantities.
"New user"
Dr Budd - Yesterday, 2:52 pm Post #2372: | Reply With Quote
Lets start a startup
"Experienced user"
biggman15 - Today, 12:22 am Post #2373: | Reply With Quote
I think I just made a mistake. I cleaned my Ruckus!

Every time I do that, I end up parking it for a long time just because I don't want to clean it again. Even though I know I won't clean it and I will just enjoy it again. My Rustler is suffering from the same condition. Too clean.

Maybe I should do some maintenance on it this time. The shocks are empty.
Axial SCX10, ECX Boost, Ruckus, Smash, Circuit, Torment, Traxxas Rustler, Slice Db, MERV, Bandit, Stampede 4x4, Blast, Sparrowhawk XB, Evader BX, Evader Bl, RC10 B4.1, Rc18B, RC10 Gold Pan(Project)
"Regular user"
SlashPlatinum - Today, 5:26 am Post #2374: | Reply With Quote
I feel like i'll never want to clean my Ruckus after reading that.
The following is only a sig. The preceding is only a disclaimer.
"^That's a good time!^"
riskyjedi - Today, 7:24 am Post #2375: | Reply With Quote
My nephews and I did this:

Complete with metal gears and a little moding to fit that hard case lipo into the boost.
hpi blitz, redcat rockslide rs10xt, ecx boost, Vaterra twin hammers, helion invictus 10mt, Vaterra kemora, Traxxas Emaxx, scx10 Jeep Rubicon kit team associated sc10b rs
"Experienced user"
biggman15 - Today, 10:09 am Post #2376: | Reply With Quote
SlashPlatinum said
I feel like i'll never want to clean my Ruckus after reading that.
If your like me and you don't care what your driving through... She will make you clean her. My Ruckus came home smelling like ash. It was fun!
Axial SCX10, ECX Boost, Ruckus, Smash, Circuit, Torment, Traxxas Rustler, Slice Db, MERV, Bandit, Stampede 4x4, Blast, Sparrowhawk XB, Evader BX, Evader Bl, RC10 B4.1, Rc18B, RC10 Gold Pan(Project)