Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Sign in:
"Experienced user"
Backyard RC - 8.17.17, 11:57 am Post #31: | Reply With Quote
The LC Racing cars have a sectional spur gear cover. There's an upper and a lower. I removed the lower part as it seemed to be trapping any rocks that did get inside. I suspect the M8DB would be better with no cover and the cover can be left off.
Tekno SCT 410.3, Arrma Kraton, Traxxas Slash 4x4, Tacon/LC Racing Rally/SCT/MT x3, Losi Mini 8ight, Carisma M10DB, Axial AX10 Deadbolt, Vaterra Ascender '72 Bronco, Thunder Tiger Kaiser XS, Sky RC SR5 Super Rider
"Experienced user"
mack29 - 8.17.17, 8:16 pm Post #32: | Reply With Quote
Thanks for the input, I keep coming back to this buggy in me quest for a 4wd desert buggy. I looked at the Ten scb, the issues are standard hardware ( I don't want two sets of tools and backup screws), it's $500, and I running out of bashing spots for 1/8 scale. The Rock Rey looks sweet, but I don't know where I would run it either. This little guy seems like I could take more places and it has the looks. I just want something fairly durable. Did you get the HR steel spur? Should I get a hardened pinion?
I'll do the bashing around here. Visit my youtube page Macksimum RC
"Experienced user"
Backyard RC - 8.18.17, 4:47 pm Post #33: | Reply With Quote
For the bigger ones I like the Thunder Tiger Bushmaster but you don't have a good place to run it.

Yes, you'll need to get both the spur and pinion.

I just replaced mine and it was more work than it should be. I counted 25 screws to get to the spur gear. Maybe I went about it wrong but I had to take off the whole rear end. The back wing was in the way of the rear diff case screws so that had to be removed too. Unnecessary for it to be so complicated.
I put in a 58t spur (60t stock) and I couldn't get a 15 or 16 tooth pinion to work without modifying the motor mount. 58/14 is what I ended up with. I haven't run it yet. I'm going to change the shock oil to 20wt.
Tekno SCT 410.3, Arrma Kraton, Traxxas Slash 4x4, Tacon/LC Racing Rally/SCT/MT x3, Losi Mini 8ight, Carisma M10DB, Axial AX10 Deadbolt, Vaterra Ascender '72 Bronco, Thunder Tiger Kaiser XS, Sky RC SR5 Super Rider
"Experienced user"
mack29 - 8.18.17, 5:24 pm Post #34: | Reply With Quote
I forgot about the Bushmaster. You know!, I can get a Bushmaster roller from Dollar Hobbyz for the same price as the mini 8db. I already have all the peripherals to complete it. Hmmm. Now this is something to consider.
I'll do the bashing around here. Visit my youtube page Macksimum RC
"Experienced user"
Backyard RC - 8.18.17, 8:24 pm Post #35: | Reply With Quote
I watched Vas from Aussie RC Playground run the Bushmaster and it looked like a solid 1/8 buggy with the DB body.
"Experienced user"
Backyard RC - Yesterday, 11:06 am Post #36: | Reply With Quote
I just noticed that Phat Bodies has a new buggy body for the 225mm wheelbase vehicles. That's great! We have too few options.

http://phatbodies.bigcartel.com/prod...-truck-chassis