Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Sign in:
"Certified Music Junkie"
JesterTheJoker - 7.07.16, 6:23 am Post #31: | Reply With Quote
Fiero_Man_121 said
I think the continued desirability of the vintage traxxas cars stems partly from nastalgia as it does the vintage rc market as a whole but also i think some of us die-hard traxxas fans want to stay in the family but want something more then what the current lineup of 2.72 cars can offer. I for one love my resto-modded srt and trx-1 both are very dated racing chassis but both were/still are competative. They are light and rigid and as adjustable as any club racer could want. All the good things traxxas has done with none of the rtr-reefer madness
fiero if you ever get rid of your srt, im your guy :P i doubt you will, but if ya ever do id buy it off ya in a second
"My garden is life itself, in the sense that every aspect of it should be taken care of and tended to as you would a rose, trimming off dead leaves and excess, being left with raw beauty, and perfection in my own mind. " - Jester
"Experienced user"
MetalMilitia206 - 7.07.16, 12:42 pm Post #32: | Reply With Quote
He has that SRT courtesy of me lol. I sold it to him a few years back.
"Experienced user"
MetalMilitia206 - 7.18.16, 7:25 am Post #33: | Reply With Quote
Here's the finished product. Found a Nitro Sport body that didn't have the venting cut out so I was able to mount it up. Looks much better than the T3 body. Went with a box-inspired paint job. Looks decent, but still had some bleeding issues.

"Traxxas 2wd expert"
Dirty sasquatch - 7.18.16, 7:59 am Post #34: | Reply With Quote
Looks good like a old school rustler . I love the truck the paint is awesome .
No method to the madness.
"Experienced user"
Fiero_Man_121 - 7.18.16, 9:18 am Post #35: | Reply With Quote
Looks sharp sir!

Just did up a body and got bleed throughs all over despite my best efforts. it happens to everone i guess.
Florida Oval Racer | Vintage traxxas collector | Mad Scientist
"Experienced user"
MetalMilitia206 - 7.18.16, 10:33 am Post #36: | Reply With Quote
Thanks man! Yea, hopefully I'll figure out taping one of these days. I need to find some SRT decals. There is a big open spot where the SRT decal should be lol.
"Experienced user"
Fiero_Man_121 - 7.18.16, 2:56 pm Post #37: | Reply With Quote
Good luck, id love to get ahold of some original stickers, heck, ill take a crappy reproduction one!

Ive got a few original hawk/radicator era decals and a reproduction trx1 set but even those are a precious commodity.

Edit: thinking about it, i have the srt body that you sent still. I dont remember if i ran it at all but youre more then welcome to it. Im sure itd be a nice shelf body for your srt
(Last edited by Fiero_Man_121 : 7.18.16 at 2:58 pm)
Florida Oval Racer | Vintage traxxas collector | Mad Scientist
"Experienced user"
MetalMilitia206 - 7.19.16, 7:46 am Post #38: | Reply With Quote
Well if you're offering, I'd be happy to take it off your hands