Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Sign in:
"Experienced user"
muphasta - 5.16.17, 8:20 am Post #1: | Reply With Quote
I had some transmission issues and received the Castle brushless motor/ESC kit for my birthday last year so I tore apart the entire rear end of my Slash in April of 2016. Since then, I've been far too busy w/family, home, pet stuff to get it back together. I swallowed my pride and took the bin to the LHS to have it put back together. Luckily, I was very good about keeping all the pieces together. Also, they informed me that the transmission needed more parts than I had thought and I would have gotten back together only to find it not working anyway.

So for what I found to be a very reasonable price, the transmission was repaired, new motor/esc installed, and all was put back together.

I did find that I need to cut my grass a bit shorter as the sod has been replaced and I've yet to cut the new grass as short as the old weeds when I last ran a battery through this thing.

I immediately turned into a 10 year old and made a giant jump and launched this thing straight into the air. 90% of the time it landed on 4 wheels, the other 10% was tail, nose, or other landing.

my kids want to race, but they've no idea how much faster my truck is than theirs is now.
"Experienced user"
doctyler - 5.16.17, 9:57 am Post #2: | Reply With Quote
haha...dont you love how the kids speed awareness is no where near yours. Mine always still want to race and i am like 20mph faster than them. however my 5yr has an truck that does 50 and he be driving them since he was 3ish..so his skill up to par. Glad you got it running finally

pics? lol
Enough cars and trucks....I may have a problem.
"Experienced user"
muphasta - 5.16.17, 11:54 am Post #3: | Reply With Quote
doctyler said
haha...dont you love how the kids speed awareness is no where near yours. Mine always still want to race and i am like 20mph faster than them. however my 5yr has an truck that does 50 and he be driving them since he was 3ish..so his skill up to par. Glad you got it running finally

pics? lol
Pics will come this weekend probably. I have a tiny video cam that I want to mount to the truck as well to get some POV-V too.

I may be able to get some pix tonight, unsure of what time I'll have.

I'm trying to do things that my boys will still want to do w/me when they reach the difficult teen years. My eldest is 13 and already is getting attitude. But.. a lot of that melts away when I play the right records. Yes, music on vinyl. Funny that it isn't the music you may expect a 13 year old to like that gets him sprinting to my office: Elton John, Journey, Queen, America, The Who, Bowie... He absorbs the music and I love that he'll sit and read the liner notes and lyrics.

My 9 year old son loves the same bands, but add industrial, Skinny Puppy, Ministry, My Life with the Thrill Kill Kult and others as well.

We all started out w/1:24 scale Losi cars/trucks. They both have the rally cars and I have the SCT. Now we have the Traxxas SCTs, I have the Dakar Rally body, they have the regular versions.

I think I have more fun w/them than they do though.
"Precision Basher"
fyrstormer - 5.16.17, 6:38 pm Post #4: | Reply With Quote
You let a 9-year-old listen to Skinny Puppy and Ministry?
Check out "Fyrstormer's Garage" in the General RC forum.
"Experienced user"
muphasta - 5.17.17, 6:24 am Post #5: | Reply With Quote
fyrstormer said
You let a 9-year-old listen to Skinny Puppy and Ministry?
yes. with me. He knows the titles of the songs he likes and will play them from Youtube. He doesn't get to listen to everything as I try to keep the "F" word to a minimum. But I'm sure he hears it at school.

Unsure why you are asking about those bands specifically.
"inadvertent durability tester"
oldnoob69 - 5.17.17, 4:52 pm Post #6: | Reply With Quote
well, you've had the slash fixed. there's only one thing left for you to do, and that's to ding-a-ding dang your dang-a-long ling-long.
"Precision Basher"
fyrstormer - 5.17.17, 8:26 pm Post #7: | Reply With Quote
muphasta said
yes. with me. He knows the titles of the songs he likes and will play them from Youtube. He doesn't get to listen to everything as I try to keep the "F" word to a minimum. But I'm sure he hears it at school.

Unsure why you are asking about those bands specifically.
Because you mentioned those bands specifically. I've heard some of their music (I prefer 90's KMFDM, which I first encountered in high school), and it's...not kid-friendly, in my opinion. There isn't much industrial that I would consider kid-friendly, honestly. Even the stuff that isn't vulgar is deeply cynical, and teenagers are cynical enough on their own. As I get older I'm starting to think cynicism is a symptom of an incompletely-matured mind.
Check out "Fyrstormer's Garage" in the General RC forum.
"Experienced user"
muphasta - 5.18.17, 8:09 am Post #8: | Reply With Quote
"Experienced user"
muphasta - 5.18.17, 8:10 am Post #9: | Reply With Quote
oldnoob69 said
well, you've had the slash fixed. there's only one thing left for you to do, and that's to ding-a-ding dang your dang-a-long ling-long.
I don't think the guy's name was Jesus though, think it was Ed.
"Experienced user"
muphasta - 5.18.17, 8:11 am Post #10: | Reply With Quote
fyrstormer said
Because you mentioned those bands specifically. I've heard some of their music (I prefer 90's KMFDM, which I first encountered in high school), and it's...not kid-friendly, in my opinion. There isn't much industrial that I would consider kid-friendly, honestly. Even the stuff that isn't vulgar is deeply cynical, and teenagers are cynical enough on their own. As I get older I'm starting to think cynicism is a symptom of an incompletely-matured mind.
Do you have kids?

What do you suggest for kids listening?

Let me know what other parenting mistakes I'm making.