Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Sign in:
"Regular user"
306Fox - 7.18.17, 5:28 pm Post #101: | Reply With Quote
Anyone have suggestions for keeping my rear tires on the ground through turns? Replaced stock shock oil with 45 first, then changed the front to 70 which helped. Thinking about putting 60 in the rear. Race on pavement and I lose a lot of time with the tires coming up. Smooth track, no jumps.
"Did I make the A Main?"
BillDeLong - 7.21.17, 5:25 am Post #102: | Reply With Quote
Try starting with this setup here, this is a pretty good start for high traction surfaces:
http://1drv.ms/1OXnArD

I've ran this same setup on a parking lot track and it was very competitive
eTruggy + eBuggy + 4WD Mod SC + 4WD Mod ST + 2WD Mod ST + 4WD 13.5T Buggy + 2WD 17.5T Buggy + Spec Slash
"Experienced user"
tsair - 7.21.17, 5:39 pm Post #103: | Reply With Quote
If you have no jumps, I'd try eliminating some droop by using shock limiter spacers and/or moving the shock mounts out on the arms.
razorrcblog.blogspot.com
youtube.com/c/RazorRC
"Regular user"
306Fox - 7.23.17, 6:20 pm Post #104: | Reply With Quote
Thanks guys. I'll see if I can find some limiters at the hobby shop.
"Regular user"
306Fox - 7.27.17, 5:20 pm Post #105: | Reply With Quote
Also, what does everyone think the most sticky slash tire is?
"Did I make the A Main?"
BillDeLong - 7.29.17, 8:37 pm Post #106: | Reply With Quote
There are many different SC tires available for just about any application, and traction all depends on what surface you will be driving on... sometimes you also sacrifice longevity to get a better performing tire. If you can describe the surface, I can link some tires to consider.
eTruggy + eBuggy + 4WD Mod SC + 4WD Mod ST + 2WD Mod ST + 4WD 13.5T Buggy + 2WD 17.5T Buggy + Spec Slash
"Experienced user"
Ryan_D - 7.30.17, 3:57 am Post #107: | Reply With Quote
for tires best all around for a parking lot that I've found are the tra6871r soft compound bfg tread tires from a platinum, proline street fighter sc work well when it's super hot outside, lower temps maybe a prime super sticky. the PL tires will not last as long as the tra 6871r or work as well across a variety of temps and surfaces.

as for cornering, if your not racing a spec slash class then an LCG kit is best $ you will ever spend on a 2wd slash, either way 45wt oil with stock springs and 8mm front / 10mm rear (total) stops inside shocks on shaft in between piston and body to lower the cg will make a world of difference, if the rules allow another night and day upgrade for a slash 2wd is modding the rear diff to seal it and running 100k oil in it. search around forums there's a mega thread on how to seal it for cheap.
"Experienced user"
MaX-D - 7.30.17, 7:07 am Post #108: | Reply With Quote
306Fox said
Also, what does everyone think the most sticky slash tire is?
Traxxas S1 compound for stock class.
Maximum Destruction
VIKINGS fan
GO BIG or GO HOME!!!