Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Sign in:
"New user"
Fdndlbm231731 - 7.18.17, 8:17 am Post #1: | Reply With Quote
Hi

New here and i have a question regarding the above.
I've got the Traxxas arm guards installed on my slash, and also ordered the rpm shock guards,
Cause i keep getting damage on my springs/shocks (pebbles).
Now i just realised that the space between te back guard and te shock is way smaller than in the front
Did i just waste money or does this somehow still fit?
The front is ok.

Thx in advance.
"inadvertent durability tester"
oldnoob69 - 7.28.17, 3:43 pm Post #2: | Reply With Quote
if you're talking about the stampede lower shock mount guards, the rear ones won't fit the slash. there is interference with the tub. i made the same mistake.
"Experienced user"
Mxmumpwr - 8.08.17, 9:48 am Post #3: | Reply With Quote
I found a cheap way of protecting the springs and shock shafts is to buy some shock socks. You just need to know what diameter size to ensure they fit snug. I always make them about 1/2" longer than the springs so they have some flexibility at both ends and always cover the springs regardless of compression or extension. I've not had to buy new ones but every 2-3 years.
Slash 4x4 - HCG
Kraton - Basher (4s)
Raider Mega ('14) - strong chassis/weak electronics
Dromida Ominus - consistent and dependable.
"Stay Fit"
Corrupt - 8.08.17, 10:34 am Post #4: | Reply With Quote
+1 on the shock socks. Although I dropped them after a while, as I didn't like how they looked. Keep in mind the shock socks will only protect your shock from dust and small rocks kicked up. They won't physically protect your shock like a shock guard will.

-Corrupt
Stay Fit.