Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Sign in:
"Experienced user"
MirMirShay - 8.07.17, 7:07 pm Post #11: | Reply With Quote
Dcuda69 said
If that's the KV you want to stick with Tower has the RC Gearshop stuff. They have a 3900kv but it is in a small 3650 can. I run the 1/8th scale version 2150kv(4074 can) in my Slash 4x4. It's a torque monster and has been reliable. Prices are right:

http://www.towerhobbies.com/products...rgzc4339m.html
That's a crazy slash lol
traxxas fan girl and proud american , home of the brave and traxxas !!! Sometimes arm chair lawyer.

Traxxas emaxx 3905&3906, HPI Mini recon, Himoto bowie,
Traxxas 4-tec 2 gt ,Traxxas vxl rustler
"Experienced user"
Mxmumpwr - 8.08.17, 9:44 am Post #12: | Reply With Quote
I stopped running the smaller motor shafts years ago. I highly recommend getting motors with the larger 5mm shaft. I have found there are more options for the 5mm shafts, at least for the sizes and pitches I need...and they are definitely more durable.
Slash 4x4 - HCG
Kraton - Basher (4s)
Raider Mega ('14) - strong chassis/weak electronics
Dromida Ominus - consistent and dependable.
"Experienced user"
Dcuda69 - 8.08.17, 1:57 pm Post #13: | Reply With Quote
MirMirShay said
That's a crazy slash lol
Actually on 3s my Kershaw 2700kv (3674) is snappier and faster. But the brutal torque of that 2150kv is a blast! You really have to control the trigger finger or it'll be on it's lid. I run them both geared 20/50. On 4s that Kershaw is just silly fast and the Slash wants to become an airplane! lol
Slash Ult. HW WP SC8/2150kv MIP King Headz
Rustler 3500kv VXL
"Experienced user"
fullyford - 8.08.17, 3:24 pm Post #14: | Reply With Quote
we mostly run either 13 or 15 tooth pinions with stock 54 spurs..all we do is bash in the park and the odd run on the bmx track. and mostly 2s batteries. we are not looking to get crazy with them. there is usually 4 of us out running together and we aren't looking for huge speed or massive jumps..
"Experienced user"
Dcuda69 - 8.08.17, 6:14 pm Post #15: | Reply With Quote
fullyford said
we mostly run either 13 or 15 tooth pinions with stock 54 spurs..all we do is bash in the park and the odd run on the bmx track. and mostly 2s batteries. we are not looking to get crazy with them. there is usually 4 of us out running together and we aren't looking for huge speed or massive jumps..
Understood. Didn't mean to sidetrack your thread...sorry. That 3900kv Rc Gearshop might fill the bill for ya if you're running 2s packs with those gears. Let us know what you end up with. Good luck!!
Slash Ult. HW WP SC8/2150kv MIP King Headz
Rustler 3500kv VXL
"Experienced user"
fullyford - 8.09.17, 6:44 pm Post #16: | Reply With Quote
no worries bud..always good to see what others are running