Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Sign in:
"Vacationing User"
iluvmud - 8.07.17, 9:47 pm Post #11: | Reply With Quote
jmauld said
i think the rustler chassis is longer too.

Here are some battery cups that I've used on a flat chassis before, they're really light weight, and easy to trim if needed.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Team-Associa...AAAOSwdzVXiVoH
oh nice! but I think Im going to cut the battery piece out of the chassis as it has mounting points that Ill need for the rear tranny and front brace etc.
17 Tamiyas 2 other cars...I have problems.

TheJANG said
I Luv Mud......
"Experienced user"
jmauld - 8.08.17, 11:05 am Post #12: | Reply With Quote
oh that's right. I forgot about those mounts. They are at different heights to, which makes working around them a little more difficult.
"Precision Basher"
fyrstormer - 8.11.17, 6:25 am Post #13: | Reply With Quote
I will be interested to know if you can get it to accelerate and brake without spinning-out all over the place. That's what I constantly struggled with when experimenting with RWD touring cars, both full-rear-motor like this one, and mid-rear-motor.
Check out "Fyrstormer's Garage" in the General RC forum.
"Dinobot"
OSRC - 8.11.17, 12:51 pm Post #14: | Reply With Quote
Been keeping my eyes out for one for a long time. Nice find!
"Experienced user"
Norco kid - 8.11.17, 1:26 pm Post #15: | Reply With Quote
I had one of these once and it was a handful to drive. I put a 13t motor in it and it would just spin out all over the place. The stock tires were really hard and had a round profile which didn't help so I upgraded to foam tires just like yours! It was actually my 2nd rc car. Would be fun to try one again with the rc experience I have now.
"Vacationing User"
iluvmud - 8.11.17, 3:50 pm Post #16: | Reply With Quote
OSRC said
Been keeping my eyes out for one for a long time. Nice find!
You just missed one about a week ago... sold for like 35 shipped... I was going to buy it but thought one would be enough.

TheJANG said
I Luv Mud......
"Vacationing User"
iluvmud - 8.13.17, 9:07 pm Post #17: | Reply With Quote
fyrstormer said
I will be interested to know if you can get it to accelerate and brake without spinning-out all over the place. That's what I constantly struggled with when experimenting with RWD touring cars, both full-rear-motor like this one, and mid-rear-motor.
Yeah, Ive thought of this too... I had an old bolink eliminator that I narrowed and put on fat meat rubber tires and all I could get it to do was go straight.... fast as all get out.... in a straight line, then id have to let it coast down to an acceptable speed before I could get it to turn other wise when I'd turn it, its still be going straight...

with all this in mind I'm not too sure making a lighter CF chassis will help anything besides adding to the cool factor, so let me get the car together then I'll decide if I really want to make a CF chassis.

TheJANG said
I Luv Mud......