Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Sign in:
"Vacattoning user"
SuburbnHooligan - 8.12.17, 1:13 pm Post #311: | Reply With Quote
huh, so i guess global warming is a really a thing then. ...wait... hotter planet, snow in mid June in California. yeah, makes sense. the unemployed hippies are right.

in other news, i want some stinking VTA tires and a challenger body already. my TC4 needs a makeover.
just because it's a bad idea doesn't mean it wont be a good time.
i used to crash a lot. i still do, but i used to, too.
It's my duty as a human being to be pissed off.
"ae fanboy"
Kingy - 8.12.17, 1:44 pm Post #312: | Reply With Quote
I honestly can't tell if you're serious or not, which is pretty scary...
Associated [RC10B5M - RC10T4.1 FT - RC10B4.1 WORLD'S - RC10B44.2 - RC8T CE-E - RC8BE]
Durango [DESC210R] Ofna [NEXX10SC] Serpent [S411] RC4WD [Bully - Bully2]
Gmade [Sawback] Axial [Scx10 - Wraith - Yeti] Eagle Racing [TT-01 V.3] MST [FXX-D]
"Vacattoning user"
SuburbnHooligan - 8.12.17, 1:57 pm Post #313: | Reply With Quote
i honestly can't tell if you're serious or just sarcasming my sarcasm.
but just to clarify, just in case. line one was 100% sarcasm. line 2 was 100% a true thing, i actually have a TC4 and actually want to give it a VTA look.
just because it's a bad idea doesn't mean it wont be a good time.
i used to crash a lot. i still do, but i used to, too.
It's my duty as a human being to be pissed off.
"Experienced user"
perry - 8.12.17, 2:50 pm Post #314: | Reply With Quote
SuburbnHooligan said
huh, so i guess global warming is a really a thing then. ...wait... hotter planet, snow in mid June in California. yeah, makes sense. the unemployed hippies are right.

in other news, i want some stinking VTA tires and a challenger body already. my TC4 needs a makeover.
I used to love telling my neighbors in Texas about the snowfall in Cali. they were always incredulous until I reminded them about the Sierra Nevada Mountain range. I live on the western slope, and we get plenty of snow(when it's not a drought year).

To get back on track, how about that Venture huh? is it awesome or what? oh right it got delayed.

I keep really hoping that HPI pulls it together, and we're seeing a little bit of progress in the right direction, but not enough, IMO.
tamiyafier said
Whenever someone replies "k thks m8 lol" i die a little inside.

still runnin' cars like I clean my teeth: with brushes.

"makya" on most other forums
"Experienced user"
nickandluke - 8.12.17, 3:12 pm Post #315: | Reply With Quote
Yea. I think they are going about it all wrong. I used to think they are gonna come back but i think they are just gonna slap their name on some other models. Bummer.
"Experienced user"
slick2500 - 8.13.17, 11:37 am Post #316: | Reply With Quote
SuburbnHooligan said

I love the global warming nuts. The one thing they always fail to mention is that our planet naturally goes through cycles where it heats up and cools down, and guess what cycle our planet is in right now.

But back on topic, I had a feeling that the "Summer Comeback" wasn't going to happen, when a lot of their product won't be in stock until mid-September. I still think it won't be until later this year early next year before things settle.
(Last edited by slick2500 : 8.13.17 at 11:40 am)
Ecx 2wd Ruckus
Traxxas Stampede XL-5
Traxxas Summit 1/10
Team Associated Apex
Team Associated RC10B2
"Did I make the A Main?"
BillDeLong - 8.13.17, 1:40 pm Post #317: | Reply With Quote
perry said
I used to love telling my neighbors in Texas about the snowfall in Cali. they were always incredulous until I reminded them about the Sierra Nevada Mountain range. I live on the western slope, and we get plenty of snow(when it's not a drought year).
I just got back from SoCal and had the pleasure of doing some downhill mountain bike riding at Snow Summit in Big Bear... I was surprised to still see snow on the Western slopes across the valley!
eTruggy + eBuggy + 4WD Mod SC + 4WD Mod ST + 2WD Mod ST + 4WD 13.5T Buggy + 2WD 17.5T Buggy + Spec Slash
"Experienced user"
slick2500 - 8.13.17, 5:52 pm Post #318: | Reply With Quote
BillDeLong said
I just got back from SoCal and had the pleasure of doing some downhill mountain bike riding at Snow Summit in Big Bear... I was surprised to still see snow on the Western slopes across the valley!
I drove through Red Lodge Montana end of July beginning of August when I was like 16 and there were people snow boarding.
Ecx 2wd Ruckus
Traxxas Stampede XL-5
Traxxas Summit 1/10
Team Associated Apex
Team Associated RC10B2
"Experienced user"
nickandluke - 8.13.17, 7:49 pm Post #319: | Reply With Quote
BillDeLong said
Im sure that was shiny rock. its been in the 100s for a week in July and then we had this rain when it was in the 70s.

Ive always wanted to do that. There's a cool climb in glendora. You get tired climbing up take a break and blast down. I used my helmet pretty good on 1 tumble.
"Did I make the A Main?"
BillDeLong - 8.14.17, 5:35 am Post #320: | Reply With Quote
I didn't spend too much time examining the mountain across the valley as I got off the chair lift, but it was a lot of white stuff, maybe they bleached all the rocks on the other side? Kinda wished I took a pic now, but was rushed to get as many runs as I could and didn't waste any time on top of the mountain, ha!
eTruggy + eBuggy + 4WD Mod SC + 4WD Mod ST + 2WD Mod ST + 4WD 13.5T Buggy + 2WD 17.5T Buggy + Spec Slash