Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Sign in:
"Experienced user"
nickandluke - 8.10.17, 1:33 pm Post #11: | Reply With Quote
Ive done the savage nitro to electric. You just spend lots of money and it didnt last long. Just throw it back in the trash. Unless u like modding and customize. Dont forget battery frays is gonna be like $30. And then electronics. Another $175. Half way to a kraton.
"Experienced user"
Overdriven - 8.10.17, 8:47 pm Post #12: | Reply With Quote
o0wizo0 said
That looks very clean. Great find.
Yeah I broke a drill bit or 2 when drilling through the first hardened shaft on the drill press. After sitting there for what seems like forever you get greedy!
Punch Control? I don't need no stinkin punch control!!! Former Maxx owner struggling against the addiction to build another and another and another...
Losi XXL complete homemade conversion MMM 1717 6s, Losi 8ight-t 2.0 Tekin powered
Traxxas Rally
Tamiya Hornet shelf queen
"Experienced user"
Overdriven - 8.10.17, 9:03 pm Post #13: | Reply With Quote
nickandluke said
Ive done the savage nitro to electric. You just spend lots of money and it didnt last long. Just throw it back in the trash. Unless u like modding and customize. Dont forget battery frays is gonna be like $30. And then electronics. Another $175. Half way to a kraton.
You make a valid point, don't sink any real $ into it. But there are ways to do it on the cheap and have some fun modding and driving. I personally would find free or buy cheap 1/8 buggy basket cases (under $40) and convert them to brushless on the cheap. $10 sheet of Lexan to make multiple battery trays, Velcro battery straps from the fabric store, scrap metal motor mounts, etc. I had one Castle MMM/2200 combo and JR9000t servo that were literally in half a dozen buggies. I'd just pound them into the ground and when they weren't worth buying parts for, salvage what I could from them and drop the electronics into the next one. That was about the most fun I ever had with rc. Then I ruined it and bought a brand new buggy.
Punch Control? I don't need no stinkin punch control!!! Former Maxx owner struggling against the addiction to build another and another and another...
Losi XXL complete homemade conversion MMM 1717 6s, Losi 8ight-t 2.0 Tekin powered
Traxxas Rally
Tamiya Hornet shelf queen
"Experienced user"
schwinngo - 8.10.17, 9:04 pm Post #14: | Reply With Quote
I do like to mod and custom things or I'm just cheap Only used trucks for me. I make it a point to buy 1 thing every payday usually but my other trucks are solid so I end up buying tires all the tires
It seems like a cool truck and I can make my own battery tray no prob and parts are cheap. If it turns out to be junk I'm only in it a motor mount some pinions and screws.
2wd slash x2 1 road 1 mt, summit and ascender
"Experienced user"
nickandluke - 8.10.17, 9:30 pm Post #15: | Reply With Quote
Thats true. I actually made my battery side panel on my savage with cutting board plastic. I used lots of velcro straps. But just be careful bashing this one. The twin chassis will bend in the middle. There is really no way around it.
"Experienced user"
schwinngo - 8.10.17, 10:09 pm Post #16: | Reply With Quote
Thanks for the tip. I'll definently put it through its paces before spending anymore on it.
If it holds up I'll get super 7 chassis and dog bones.
"Experienced user"
schwinngo - 8.12.17, 8:20 am Post #17: | Reply With Quote
Took overdriven's advice ditched first gear screwed second gear to the clutch I'm a bit worried that the 1 grub screw won't even stand up to the power of the dewalt. might drill through for a pin there to.
"Experienced user"
nickandluke - 8.12.17, 2:41 pm Post #18: | Reply With Quote
I hope it works out. Can you put a bracket in there to mount a 1/8 buggy differential in there. I had everything mounted up in my savage that way but never ran it. I think the motor mount was too difficult thats why i never finished. But it was fun building for sure
"Experienced user"
perry - 8.12.17, 2:56 pm Post #19: | Reply With Quote
nickandluke said
what are you talking about? madbeast battery trays are like $3. I'm running a goolrc 4pole 3675 motor that cost $31 and a hobbyking 4s ESC that was $27 that runs my mad beast super 7 with no problem.

I know mad beasts aren't very popular with a lot of people, but mine is awesome!
tamiyafier said
Whenever someone replies "k thks m8 lol" i die a little inside.

still runnin' cars like I clean my teeth: with brushes.

"makya" on most other forums
"Experienced user"
schwinngo - 8.12.17, 3:48 pm Post #20: | Reply With Quote
What kv and voltage are you running perry? I saw the stock 1/8 system is an 80a esc and unspecified 3650 on 2s. I'm going to run the evx 2 and dewalt on 4s x2 2s lipo but I've got a kd 2700kv and 150a esc in a speed run slash that only comes out about twice a year that I could use. Still going to start with dewalt first as it's not being used.

I haven't opened the diffs yet. should probably shim and grease them before I run it.