Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Sign in:
"ae fanboy"
Kingy - 8.12.17, 4:21 pm Post #13641: | Reply With Quote
That esc should do everything you'll ever want, assuming you go no higher than 3s (which I would be surprised if you ever wanted to in a tf2, haha).

I recommend spending the money on a decent motor though. Cheapies are ok to get you going, but even a machine wound holmes hobbies torquemaster expert is much much nicer.
Associated [RC10B5M - RC10T4.1 FT - RC10B4.1 WORLD'S - RC10B44.2 - RC8T CE-E - RC8BE]
Durango [DESC210R] Ofna [NEXX10SC] Serpent [S411] RC4WD [Bully - Bully2]
Gmade [Sawback] Axial [Scx10 - Wraith - Yeti] Eagle Racing [TT-01 V.3] MST [FXX-D]
"Regular user"
onedoesnotrc - 8.12.17, 4:53 pm Post #13642: | Reply With Quote
fyrstormer said
Dude. Shrink those freaking pictures.
To what size? is it 1280x720?
I'm just a guy who likes all kinds of RC vehicles
"Welcome to you're "doom!""
Dave_S - 8.12.17, 6:11 pm Post #13643: | Reply With Quote
RCGecko said
Ever do so much work on your house and now the day is gone and it feels like you got nowhere? 5 hours worth of doing skirting and i only got like 6 panels installed but theres a lot of trim i had to install.
I suspect you'll get much faster at installing them, providing you have proper tools for the job
I don't post much, but when i do i prefer Dos Eques.
"Experienced user"
1fox2go - 8.12.17, 7:26 pm Post #13644: | Reply With Quote
Kingy said
That esc should do everything you'll ever want, assuming you go no higher than 3s (which I would be surprised if you ever wanted to in a tf2, haha).

I recommend spending the money on a decent motor though. Cheapies are ok to get you going, but even a machine wound holmes hobbies torquemaster expert is much much nicer.
Oh yea 3s would be more than enough.

Cheap motor just to get the truck broken in see how I like the turns etc
My Dad tells me:"Boy you could break an anvil with a feather"
MT4 G3 Fanboy, Because...there is no kill switch on awesome
Dave_S - 8.12.17, 9:42 pm Post #13645: | Reply With Quote
Trying to fix my kitchen faucet, not going so well.
"Gecko Guy"
RCGecko - 8.13.17, 12:53 am Post #13646: | Reply With Quote
Just got back from chicago.
-Gecko Guy

youtube: Gecko Guy

Specializing in exotic reptile care and classic cartoons.
Dave_S - 8.13.17, 12:55 am Post #13647: | Reply With Quote
RCGecko said
Just got back from chicago.
work or leisure?
"Precision Basher"
fyrstormer - 8.13.17, 3:13 am Post #13648: | Reply With Quote
People go to Chicago for fun?

- - -

One of my 2-speed transmissions has been hard to tune because it spins slower than the stock springs were designed for. I made softer springs and that helped, but it still wasn't quite enough. So, I did a little research on metal densities and dug around on Amazon to see what was available, and I bought myself a copper-tungsten rod. Copper and tungsten can't be alloyed together for some reason, so what the rod actually consists of is 70% tungsten dust glued together with 30% copper; the result is a rod that looks like copper, bends like copper, cuts and grinds like copper, but weighs nearly as much as tungsten. I cut it up to make some centrifugal weights to insert into the clutch shoes in the 2-speed transmission, to increase the centrifugal force when they're spinning so they can overcome the spring pressure and engage 2nd gear at a lower RPM.

Also, I took a picture of a cross-stitch project my girlfriend just finished:

Check out "Fyrstormer's Garage" in the General RC forum.
"Precision Basher"
fyrstormer - 8.13.17, 3:14 am Post #13649: | Reply With Quote
onedoesnotrc said
To what size? is it 1280x720?
I generally shrink my pictures to 1024px on the longest side. That seems to be a commonly-acceptable size for pictures shared on forums, so people can see the entire picture onscreen at once.
Check out "Fyrstormer's Garage" in the General RC forum.
"ae fanboy"
Kingy - 8.13.17, 6:16 am Post #13650: | Reply With Quote
Wrong thread
(Last edited by Kingy : 8.13.17 at 7:31 pm)
Associated [RC10B5M - RC10T4.1 FT - RC10B4.1 WORLD'S - RC10B44.2 - RC8T CE-E - RC8BE]
Durango [DESC210R] Ofna [NEXX10SC] Serpent [S411] RC4WD [Bully - Bully2]
Gmade [Sawback] Axial [Scx10 - Wraith - Yeti] Eagle Racing [TT-01 V.3] MST [FXX-D]