Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Sign in:
"Do you even race?"
indy34096 - 8.17.11, 8:26 am Post #51: | Reply With Quote
your track allows traction comound? o.0
how good of traction do you get on dirt with foam tires?
TLR 22 MM, B4.1 Factory Team, RC10 Classic, Proboat Impulse 26
Larry's Performance R/C's | RC Clubhouse
"Experienced user"
Fiero_Man_121 - 8.17.11, 9:23 am Post #52: | Reply With Quote
no, this thing wouldnt work on our track, we run a [very rough] dirt oval track, this'll be for playing in the street along side the fiero

foam tires on the clay we run just dont work. if it was an ultra smooth blue groove that would be a different story but we use offroad tires and almost all the cars are converted offroaders since a true oval car does not have the bump absorption an offroad car has.
Florida Oval Racer | Vintage traxxas collector | Mad Scientist
"Experienced user"
Fiero_Man_121 - 8.17.11, 12:40 pm Post #53: | Reply With Quote
more progress

got the tranny done, took a bit to get it shimmed just right, its very easy to over torque the screws and create binding but you still need to eep the tranny tight and keep out any slop.

i cut down the idler gear, im fairly happy with it

also, a keen observer and vintage trx aficionado would have picked up on the fact that my diff gear was backwards, didnt notice it till i went to put it in the car *facepalm*

oh and giant spider

thing is like 3 inches from arm to arm. i dont like ants and i dont like spiders. ill cuddle up next to a komodo dragon or a 10 foot gator but dont ask me to hold a spider like that!

i mean, who can say no to that face anyway?

"Experienced user"
Fiero_Man_121 - 8.17.11, 6:29 pm Post #54: | Reply With Quote
got the motor broken in and the shocks built! also figured out how to mount the front tires. going to use trailing spindles from the blue eagle ls. i have a set that were modded to use SAE bearings like those found on the b4 or xxx
"eheheheheh"
tamiyafier - 8.17.11, 11:38 pm Post #55: | Reply With Quote
Awww, what a cute (?) reptile.

Coming together well, I see...
"'You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.'- Wayne Gretzky"

-Michael Scott
"Experienced user"
Fiero_Man_121 - 8.18.11, 2:26 pm Post #56: | Reply With Quote
yeah, im really happy that the shocks and tranny came out nice. the front set of shocks went together different and ive never built a set before so that was a learning experience.

so lets talk shocks for a sec, my shocks.

i dont like progressive springs for offroad use, it makes setting up the car that much more difficult but this is an onroad car so...

running 15 up front and 25 in back with rpm dual stage pistons in front and 3 hole ae (stock) pistons in back.

steering bellcranks are bearing supported

the motor is all wired up to the esc, will have a crappy little video up tonight of the esc and motor powered up. 3 wire esc ftw

(Last edited by Fiero_Man_121 : 8.18.11 at 3:17 pm)
"Experienced user"
Fiero_Man_121 - 8.20.11, 9:25 pm Post #57: | Reply With Quote

(watch this on YouTube for more options)

oh, got a set of rpm arms in today for this project and im dropping the whole classic class idea. its going to stay onroad and this 19t is staying as well

this week im going to get the shock towers, lower deck and suspension assembly done. im also going to try and get the fiero knocked out, i havent driven it in a few months and its eating at me pretty badly
(Last edited by Fiero_Man_121 : 8.20.11 at 9:34 pm)
"eheheheheh"
tamiyafier - 8.20.11, 9:27 pm Post #58: | Reply With Quote
Oooh...speedy. How old is this thing anyways?
"'You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.'- Wayne Gretzky"

-Michael Scott
"Experienced user"
Fiero_Man_121 - 8.20.11, 9:40 pm Post #59: | Reply With Quote
well 94 was the release date and i think 97-98 was the discontinuation date. i was just getting into the hobby in 99 so i dont remember it to begin with.

so yeah about 15-17 years old.

motor was nip and i have no clue when it was released without google'in it
"Experienced user"
Fiero_Man_121 - 8.22.11, 12:43 pm Post #60: | Reply With Quote
picture time kids!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the rpm bullet arms i mentioned

compared to bandit arms

\

for those arms i needed to mod the front bulk and decided to go one step further

you've also probably realized by now that im procrastinating a bit on the chassis plates and shock towers so while i was procrastinating i did up the battery tray.

way overkill for what it'll be used for but id rather do that then have it like the fiero which hold the pack in with 2 [very] old re-usable zip-ties and a prayer.