Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Sign in:
"Experienced user"
Evil genius jr. - 8.03.11, 4:47 am Post #11: | Reply With Quote
Yup! and some have better designs than the stock more toe, open plate, etc.
Brushlesshobbies.com
DESC410
"Experienced user"
Evil genius jr. - 8.03.11, 4:50 am Post #12: | Reply With Quote
Gimpdiggity said
Man, I think that this Slash is going to be a MAJOR money sink.

I have already found so many things that I want for it...it's ridiculous.
You dont know half of it. I am tring to sell mine so that I can get something with LESS parts support. Aftermarket support can be a dangerous thing.
If you could only do one upgrade and already had Lipos and a brushless motor than get either new tires for the surface you are running on or get the pro-trac kit. Or you can get both, and well your at it maybe you could get power-strokes. see what I mean.
Brushlesshobbies.com
DESC410
"Valiant Poultry"
Gimpdiggity - 8.03.11, 4:58 am Post #13: | Reply With Quote
Evil genius jr. said
You dont know half of it. I am tring to sell mine so that I can get something with LESS parts support. Aftermarket support can be a dangerous thing.
If you could only do one upgrade and already had Lipos and a brushless motor than get either new tires for the surface you are running on or get the pro-trac kit. Or you can get both, and well your at it maybe you could get power-strokes. see what I mean.
I do see exactly what you're saying.

In a way, it's EXACTLY what I was looking for. I started to lose a bit of interest in my Electrix Circuit once I had gotten a few upgrades for it, because upgrades were hard to find without modifying the parts or the truck itself.

When I end up getting involved in something, I usually don't stop until it's impossible to do anything more to the item. I have a motorcycle that literally has ZERO more performance upgrades that cold be done to it. I got an old beach cruiser bicycle from my grandpa when he passed away this winter, and I ended up spending literally hundreds and hundreds of dollars on parts to get it to the point of being a completely custom beach cruiser.

So this Slash is just what I needed...something to spend money on, put together, and have fun with.

I already have the LiPo setup, and I'm in the process of waiting for some money in my checking account to free up and then I'll order the Castle SCT system for it. Then after that, I had already been planning on looking at that ProTrac kit. Seemed like you get a lot for the money with that...and I like that it comes with wheels, because the Slash I bought has buggy wheels on it instead of the stock wheels.
In Life, Try to be the Kind of Person Your Dog Thinks You Are...
Torment, C4rcu4t, Axial Digger, Night Vapor, Archer, Firebird Stratos, Phantom 3 Standard, Power Vee, Bristol Bay, Duck, Volere
"Experienced user"
Evil genius jr. - 8.03.11, 5:03 am Post #14: | Reply With Quote
Well, the slash I have has a sidewinder SCT and a protrac kit.
I love it but the one thing I dont like is the drive-line. The Sidewinder just tares it apart if its not perfect. I had a little to much oil in my diff, It destroyed the metal gears, Gear mesh inst perfect good bye spur. Another thing I would recommend is the integy spring set. Its about $20 for 3 sets of springs for the front and the rear. I found it very helpful to tune.

And I just dont think the slash is for me. I just dont like the looks of it. If I sell it I am looking at a blitz, maybe some type of kit, or trying to find a cheap 4x4 roller and turning it into a chimera-A type thing. That would be more my style.
Brushlesshobbies.com
DESC410
"Valiant Poultry"
Gimpdiggity - 8.03.11, 5:09 am Post #15: | Reply With Quote
Evil, I'm pretty new to all of this...do you think going with a different ESC/motor combo would be a better idea??

I don't mind working on the trucks, but I also don't want to be destroying gears every time I run the thing.

I had originally wanted to go with a Tacon motor and a HobbyWing ESC because I already have a HobbyWing program card. I figured I could get the ESC for around $60 and the motor for $22...where the Castle SCT system is $100 and I can't find a Castle Field Link for less than about $25. So that's $125 for the Castle setup, versus right around $80 for the HobbyWing/Tacon setup.
In Life, Try to be the Kind of Person Your Dog Thinks You Are...
Torment, C4rcu4t, Axial Digger, Night Vapor, Archer, Firebird Stratos, Phantom 3 Standard, Power Vee, Bristol Bay, Duck, Volere
"Experienced user"
Evil genius jr. - 8.03.11, 11:39 am Post #16: | Reply With Quote
No I love the SCT setup, Im just saying it has the potential to be way to powerful, but after some adjustments with the castle link it is one of the best motors I have every used.
Brushlesshobbies.com
DESC410
"Do you even race?"
indy34096 - 8.03.11, 12:54 pm Post #17: | Reply With Quote
i like the slash, but to be honest its too much upgrades to get the thing race ready. i was looking at this reeeeaally nice flm tranny case, all aluminum with 4 degrees toe in! its $60! holy cow!

as for losing interest, i cant relate as i really like the circuit but will like it even more when the gladiators get installed
TLR 22 MM, B4.1 Factory Team, RC10 Classic, Proboat Impulse 26
Larry's Performance R/C's | RC Clubhouse
"Experienced user"
Evil genius jr. - 8.03.11, 12:56 pm Post #18: | Reply With Quote
I like my slash too. But I also like the idea of either 4
wd or a kit. (not both) so I am trying to sell my slash to get a kit or a slash 4x4.
Brushlesshobbies.com
DESC410
"Do you even race?"
indy34096 - 8.03.11, 12:58 pm Post #19: | Reply With Quote
i like the slash 4x4 it takes less money to get race ready imo. maybe its just because theres not as many upgrades in the aftermarket as the 2wd version has.

as for me, im looking at a b4.1 factory team. it looks pretty fun.
TLR 22 MM, B4.1 Factory Team, RC10 Classic, Proboat Impulse 26
Larry's Performance R/C's | RC Clubhouse
"Experienced user"
Evil genius jr. - 8.03.11, 1:00 pm Post #20: | Reply With Quote
Well, I dont race at all, closest track is 2+ hours away.
Brushlesshobbies.com
DESC410