Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Sign in:
"Obstacle Magnet"
DrJVogel - 8.07.11, 7:12 pm Post #21: | Reply With Quote
Evil,
your list is great if you add the Sidewinder, 2s LiPos and a charger to the list for the newbies. I’d also add information as the number one need the newbie has. A newbie needs to be informed before he can make a decision about the many parts available. All of these parts do depend on what the Slash is for. Bashing or racing? If racing, what class? The ‘box stock 2wd class’ is fun for a newbie if it’s available. If you want to race in the ‘open class’, indy34096 said it, “...too much upgrades to get the thing race ready.”

I love the driving style of the 2wd. Who doesn’t love that car going into a controlled slide? Don’t get me wrong 4wd drive is fun too. It’s just a different feel. It all depends on what you want to do with the car. The Bandit, Pede, Rusty, Slash (2 or 4wd) all have their niche.
RC addict and loving it
somewhere near Grass Valley, CA --- let's bash
"Experienced user"
Evil genius jr. - 8.07.11, 7:26 pm Post #22: | Reply With Quote
Yup, forgot those. I might edit with links sometime this week.
Brushlesshobbies.com
DESC410
"Stay Fit"
Corrupt - 8.07.11, 10:21 pm Post #23: | Reply With Quote
Also, the Proline chassis saver or the RPM rear skid plate to rid of the chassis breaking issue. Off-topic, the Slash was not really designed to race IMO. That's why it takes so much to make it race worthy. If you buy a kit like the Kyosho or the Blitz or the SC-10, they were designed with race in mind. The Slash was just designed to be strong and well be a basher more than anything with it's high ground clearance and large bumpers.

-Corrupt
Stay Fit.
"Obstacle Magnet"
DrJVogel - 8.07.11, 10:30 pm Post #24: | Reply With Quote
^^^ Oh yeah. Good catch Corrupt. I have the Proline chassis saver on my Slash. It's a must for us bashers. Oh, I agree about your take on the Slash too.
RC addict and loving it
"Valiant Poultry"
Gimpdiggity - 8.07.11, 11:29 pm Post #25: | Reply With Quote
I think my first upgrade, other than the Castle SCT system that I already have, is going to be a set of springs.

Looking at the Losi set.

The thing doesn't want to turn at all. It just wants to go straight then flip over. New springs are an absolute must.
In Life, Try to be the Kind of Person Your Dog Thinks You Are...
Torment, C4rcu4t, Axial Digger, Night Vapor, Archer, Firebird Stratos, Phantom 3 Standard, Power Vee, Bristol Bay, Duck, Volere
"Experienced user"
Evil genius jr. - 8.08.11, 3:56 am Post #26: | Reply With Quote
I like the integy progressive springs. $10 for 3 set for front only.
Brushlesshobbies.com
DESC410
"Experienced user"
Evil genius jr. - 8.08.11, 4:21 am Post #27: | Reply With Quote
Updated with some more info.
Brushlesshobbies.com
DESC410
"Obstacle Magnet"
DrJVogel - 8.08.11, 8:11 am Post #28: | Reply With Quote
Yikes! We all forgot about a real biggie. Upgrade those tires! The stock ones stink like a skunk. Gimpdiggity, tires that actually grip and better springs may help with your 'push' (under-steer).
RC addict and loving it
"Experienced user"
Evil genius jr. - 8.24.11, 11:31 am Post #29: | Reply With Quote
Added links
Brushlesshobbies.com
DESC410
"casual master mechanic"
gnrkenny - 3.17.12, 5:37 pm Post #30: | Reply With Quote
You should add 1/8 scale tires and traxxas adapters. That is such a increase in performance.
I hate curbs