Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Sign in:
"Experienced user"
erevo1*16 - 1.06.14, 7:14 am Post #21: | Reply With Quote
How is it that nobody has brought up the X-treme LCG chassis? I don't recall hearing a single poor review of it... and they offer both black and digital camo if you're looking for a little 'flair'.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...s-Digital-Camo

But I still like my STRC kit from a few years back.
My Tastes are simple:
I am easily satisfied with the best.
-Sir Winston Churchill
"Experienced user"
newagemuscle - 1.06.14, 9:09 am Post #22: | Reply With Quote
This is my first post. I’m new to the forum as of today andI just got back into the RC world… It has been almost 20 years. I saw this postand thought I would share. I picked up my Slash 2wd a few months ago afterselling off my old RC10T2. It was just collecting dust. Anyways… my intent wasjust to buy the car as a basher to have fun with. I stuck the theory of don’treplace it unless it’s broke. Things started off that way and then I started torace it at a local indoor track and really feel in love with the track, butrealized this car is not the best handling car out of the box. I stared withsuspension mods and tires. This week my local hobby shop got in the TraxxasLCG, so I decided to pick it up. What a world of difference over stock. Costwas $30 bucks… can’t beat that. Makes the car look cool too. Here are somepics. Enjoy…

Click image for larger version

Name:	Slash LCG 1.jpg
Views:	2118
Size:	225.8 KB
ID:	53555

Name:	Slash LCG 2.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	247.0 KB
ID:	53556

Name:	Slash LCG 3.jpg
Views:	536
Size:	201.2 KB
ID:	53557

Name:	Slash LCG 4.jpg
Views:	590
Size:	236.0 KB
ID:	53558

Name:	Slash LCG 5.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	239.2 KB
ID:	53559
"Experienced user"
SlashDaddy - 1.06.14, 11:15 am Post #23: | Reply With Quote
that camo is pretty sweet!
2wd Slash: Proline Protrak, Proline power strokes, Proline steerin, EZrun 8.5 turn, Spectrum S6070 Servo, STRC caster blocks,
4x4 Slash: Castle MMP SCT, Custom CF mount, Losi SCTE shocks, MIP Xduty Axels, RPM front and rear Arms, RPM Front Bumper, Traxxas aluminum Hubs and carriers
"Experienced user"
TheScatPack - 1.06.14, 2:09 pm Post #24: | Reply With Quote
I really like the chuckworks chassis's. I had great business with the guy and all parts have a 90 day warranty in case something doesn't line up or just simply breaks. However, I have not experienced a problem yet (had mine for 8 months. Parts are also always available if you need spares or if you warranty ran out. He also has such a large selection to pick from and nothing is better than man made. You can look at all his reviews, and they're nothing but great stuff. It completely changes your truck!
"Norm Green sucks!"
drgpolaris - 1.06.14, 10:58 pm Post #25: | Reply With Quote
newagemuscle said
This is my first post. I’m new to the forum as of today andI just got back into the RC world… It has been almost 20 years.
Welcome to the forum!

And welcome back to the addiction!!
"You can't score goals if you can't get the puck on net"
-Lou Nanne
"Experienced user"
LZarcone - 1.07.14, 9:13 am Post #26: | Reply With Quote
Hands down the Proline LCG kit for the Slash changed the car.
"Experienced user"
Rustler Buggy - 1.07.14, 9:45 am Post #27: | Reply With Quote
Im gonna buy the traxxas lcg soon.
Helion Dominous 4WD SCT.
"Experienced user"
Rustler Buggy - 1.07.14, 9:46 am Post #28: | Reply With Quote
And now that i saw those pictures im def gonna buy one yours looks great man !
Helion Dominous 4WD SCT.
"Damage instigator"
jcouzis - 1.07.14, 2:29 pm Post #29: | Reply With Quote
drgpolaris said
I have an ANZA and it's awesome!

But my "stock" Slash will be getting the new Traxxas lcg chassis, even though I vowed not to replace anything unless it breaks.....
+1
I am getting an Anza chassis despite my earlier post. I really like it, and it is good value for $120! It comes with everything, it has descriptive directions and is easy to install. Plus it looks the best, and handles the best from what I have heard. And cmon, that carbon fiber with the aluminum is pretty sweet. Anza makes great parts, can't go wrong with them. I am getting just about all the have for the 2wd slash, and own everything at my track.
just a crazy dude with too much time...
"Experienced user"
kenmtb - 9.13.16, 7:36 pm Post #30: | Reply With Quote
yes the thread is old but ppl can still find it so Ill add this:
I have the Traxxas chassis kit and the Dynamite kit.

Traxxas - extremely durable, more battery room, looks great, wider so it covers up internals, popular and cheap.

Dynamite - Lighter overall, can mount the esc over the battery, requires rustler chassis to complete, slightly shorter wheelbase.

My Dynamite Slash has monster steering and great traction. Overall it handles much better than the Traxxas kit. The Traxxas kit is heavy and puts more weight towards the rear. It is a great kit and has better traction.
Skol!