Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Sign in:
"Certified Music Junkie"
JesterTheJoker - 2.21.16, 11:18 am Post #41: | Reply With Quote
heres what you do, flip the slipper pads the other way around. if that does not fix things put the 2 faces to some fine grit sandpaper. but the odd thing is my slipper is 3 or 4 years old and is fine...
"My garden is life itself, in the sense that every aspect of it should be taken care of and tended to as you would a rose, trimming off dead leaves and excess, being left with raw beauty, and perfection in my own mind. " - Jester
"Did I make the A Main?"
BillDeLong - 2.21.16, 2:14 pm Post #42: | Reply With Quote
When I rebuilt the latest Slash that I got on trade, I had to replace the slipper pads:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/3913876...chn=ps&lpid=82

I like to start out with the slipper on the loose side, then gradually tighten until I get the level of acceleration that I'm happy with, it's just a "feel" and hard to explain when you've applied too much tension. If the car tends to spin out on hard acceleration out of a corner, then chances are the slipper is too tight or diff fluid is too thick. More tuning options to consider here such as softening rear end to get more rear grip, etc:
http://www.ultimaterc.com/forums/sho....php?p=1953528
(Last edited by BillDeLong : 2.21.16 at 2:18 pm)
eTruggy + eBuggy + 4WD Mod SC + 4WD Mod ST + 2WD Mod ST + 4WD 13.5T Buggy + 2WD 17.5T Buggy + Spec Slash
"Experienced user"
Unimog123 - 2.21.16, 3:54 pm Post #43: | Reply With Quote
How do you flip the slipper pads, I don't even know how they stick to the metal plate, is it just glue?
Arrma Kraton, Vaterra Twin Hammers, Traxxas Slash 2WD, Estes ProtoZ
"Did I make the A Main?"
BillDeLong - 2.21.16, 5:37 pm Post #44: | Reply With Quote
they snap in place, be careful when prying them up so they don't chip, they are fairly brittle
eTruggy + eBuggy + 4WD Mod SC + 4WD Mod ST + 2WD Mod ST + 4WD 13.5T Buggy + 2WD 17.5T Buggy + Spec Slash
"Experienced user"
Unimog123 - 2.23.16, 2:22 pm Post #45: | Reply With Quote
Well I flipped them and still no luck. I don't see how just a little spring tightened onto a bearing would hold it enough to handle the power. It slips so easily...it was never like this...

Perhaps someone could share what their slipper setup is like because I feel like in my frustration I must be missing something blatantly obvious. Like it slips on half throttle on hardwood floor! How is that even possible?! Theres barely any traction.
Arrma Kraton, Vaterra Twin Hammers, Traxxas Slash 2WD, Estes ProtoZ
"Certified Music Junkie"
JesterTheJoker - 2.23.16, 3:18 pm Post #46: | Reply With Quote
Unimog123 said
Well I flipped them and still no luck. I don't see how just a little spring tightened onto a bearing would hold it enough to handle the power. It slips so easily...it was never like this...

Perhaps someone could share what their slipper setup is like because I feel like in my frustration I must be missing something blatantly obvious. Like it slips on half throttle on hardwood floor! How is that even possible?! Theres barely any traction.
1/2 turn out is all. the spring may be shot. but again 4 years on mine and its good
"My garden is life itself, in the sense that every aspect of it should be taken care of and tended to as you would a rose, trimming off dead leaves and excess, being left with raw beauty, and perfection in my own mind. " - Jester
"Did I make the A Main?"
BillDeLong - 2.23.16, 4:34 pm Post #47: | Reply With Quote
yeah it kinda sounds like the spring might be shot to me too... here's kinda how I like to set my slipper:

(watch this on YouTube for more options)

"Experienced user"
Ryan_D - 2.24.16, 4:02 am Post #48: | Reply With Quote
just a quick question, is the pin installed on the shaft for the slipper to key on? or is it free spinning and pushing against a spacer then the bearing on the shaft in trans case?
"Certified Music Junkie"
JesterTheJoker - 2.24.16, 6:52 am Post #49: | Reply With Quote
Ryan_D said
just a quick question, is the pin installed on the shaft for the slipper to key on? or is it free spinning and pushing against a spacer then the bearing on the shaft in trans case?
The pin is for it to key in, hence the slot on the back most part of the slipper.
"Certified Music Junkie"
JesterTheJoker - 2.24.16, 6:55 am Post #50: | Reply With Quote
Also the odd thing is have not touched my slipper in about 2 years and it's fine, and I'm 99% sure my pads are melted from having to to loose when I first installed my castle system, haven't checked and it's fine so I don't care if they are a bit melty