Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Sign in:
"Experienced user"
MaX-D - 6.22.17, 6:16 pm Post #11: | Reply With Quote
I'm a big proponent of the, you buy quality you cry once. You don't, you cry twice.
Maximum Destruction
VIKINGS fan
GO BIG or GO HOME!!!
"Experienced user"
slick2500 - 6.22.17, 6:16 pm Post #12: | Reply With Quote
rag6 said
Dynamite has higher quality tools than that set. I bought the singles 1 at a time for about 7$ a piece and have been using them for years. That tool set will not last too long mine was garbage.
That kit is good for beginners and it does an okay job, I've had mine for around 6 months and a few of the hex drivers are starting to round out. The nut drivers and handle have been working fairly well. I think the one I have is the Duratrax one, it's the same kit just different name on it. I've seen that tool kit with a couple other brand names on it as well. I've always wondered who the oem is for it.
Ecx 2wd Ruckus
Traxxas Stampede XL-5
Traxxas Summit 1/10
Team Associated Apex
Team Associated RC10B2
"Experienced user"
thegrafxguy - 6.22.17, 6:19 pm Post #13: | Reply With Quote
that's the thing though. i've had my MIP hex drivers for like 3 years and they are no where near getting dull, let alone rounded. i should've gotten the type that are removable from the handle, but hey, live and learn.
Arrma Talion - ACE Ripper 2000kv, HW Quicrun 150a, Brushless 25kg servo

Sakura D4 AWD - Tacon 3930kv, HW EZRun 60a, Blue Bird Servo

Spektrum DX4S
"Experienced user"
slick2500 - 6.22.17, 6:26 pm Post #14: | Reply With Quote
Like I said it's more for beginners and people who are just getting into the hobby. It's hard to tell someone who buys a sub $200 rc that they need $70 in tools.
Ecx 2wd Ruckus
Traxxas Stampede XL-5
Traxxas Summit 1/10
Team Associated Apex
Team Associated RC10B2
"Experienced user"
thegrafxguy - 6.22.17, 6:34 pm Post #15: | Reply With Quote
i learned the hard way also though, and wish i would've just listened to the advice i got on here and from friends in the beginning. i ended up buying 3 total sets, because the first 2 royally sucked after a few times having to tear apart and rebuild trucks. i could've saved 40 bucks or more had i just bought good ones from the gate. you're going to need them for other stuff too at some point, so you might as well get good ones.
Arrma Talion - ACE Ripper 2000kv, HW Quicrun 150a, Brushless 25kg servo

Sakura D4 AWD - Tacon 3930kv, HW EZRun 60a, Blue Bird Servo

Spektrum DX4S
"Regular user"
onedoesnotrc - 6.23.17, 9:24 am Post #16: | Reply With Quote
are alpha tools okay? I'm gonna buy somee hex drivers but not sure off the quality
also how much is the set of MIP hex drivers or Hudy? my budget is super-tight
I'm just a guy who likes all kinds of RC vehicles
"Experienced user"
kenmtb - 6.24.17, 8:41 am Post #17: | Reply With Quote
thegrafxguy said
i learned the hard way also though, and wish i would've just listened to the advice i got on here and from friends in the beginning. i ended up buying 3 total sets, because the first 2 royally sucked after a few times having to tear apart and rebuild trucks. i could've saved 40 bucks or more had i just bought good ones from the gate. you're going to need them for other stuff too at some point, so you might as well get good ones.
Hear ya. Think of your tools as an investment. There is nothing more frustrating than doing a "simple" repair then rounding out a tiny recessed hex screw head.

Everyone is a fan-boy of their own stuff. I would google hex driver reviews and decide for yourself how much you want to spend
"carpet killer"
rag6 - 6.27.17, 11:46 am Post #18: | Reply With Quote
slick2500 said
Like I said it's more for beginners and people who are just getting into the hobby. It's hard to tell someone who buys a sub $200 rc that they need $70 in tools.
I've spent about 25$ on my singles...
Please don't buy that kit. They really are low grade.
HERE WE GO STEELERS !!!!!
"Experienced user"
slick2500 - 6.27.17, 6:01 pm Post #19: | Reply With Quote
rag6 said
I've spent about 25$ on my singles...
Please don't buy that kit. They really are low grade.
These? http://www.dynamiterc.com/Products/D...ProdID=DYN2904
Ecx 2wd Ruckus
Traxxas Stampede XL-5
Traxxas Summit 1/10
Team Associated Apex
Team Associated RC10B2
"Experienced user"
MaX-D - 6.27.17, 6:06 pm Post #20: | Reply With Quote
slick2500 said
My LHS actually uses those drivers. They seem to be pretty decent. Although I don't have a lot of wrench time with them, I could be wrong. I've only used them to perhaps loosen or tighten this or that screw. Although a good friend of mine that works at the LHS and is one of the hot shoe Racers here locally told me to get MIP if I was going to get a set of my own. He said that the store probably only uses those Dynamite drivers because they didn't want to spend the money on MIP
Maximum Destruction
VIKINGS fan
GO BIG or GO HOME!!!